The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I restrict 17 - from one specific area?

2 posters

Go down

Can I restrict 17 - from one specific area? Empty Can I restrict 17 - from one specific area?

Post by stormninja4 Thu 4 Sep - 12:31

I just wanted to know if I can make a thread/topic only available to 18+. There might be some sections of my forums which might include words that are not decent for those who are under age and wanted to block anyone under 18 to access it. Please help me.
stormninja4

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I restrict 17 - from one specific area? Empty Re: Can I restrict 17 - from one specific area?

Post by Guest Thu 4 Sep - 12:46

Hello,

Sorry, it is not possible to restrict a particular thread. You can however, create a forum and then a group. Restrict the forum so only that group can see it. Add members who are 18+ to the group.

Back to top Go down

Can I restrict 17 - from one specific area? Empty Re: Can I restrict 17 - from one specific area?

Post by Guest Thu 4 Sep - 12:49

what you could do is make a group called i 18+ or whatever and only let that group use the forum easy job a good one Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by stormninja4 Thu 4 Sep - 12:50

That's the thing I didn't want to go one at a time. It will be so hard in the future. I just started to make my forum. But I know I will have alot of people under 17 and want to have a section for 18+ only.
stormninja4

Back to top Go down

Post by stormninja4 Thu 4 Sep - 12:51

I figured it would be possible to make a topic and put a filter on it so that only 18+ members could access it. That is what I would like to do.
stormninja4

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom Thu 4 Sep - 12:55

Its not possible I have done what they said above and just made a forum where only the usergroup can go
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Sep - 12:56

stormninja4 wrote:I figured it would be possible to make a topic and put a filter on it so that only 18+ members could access it. That is what I would like to do.
That won't prevent members and guests under the age of 18 viewing it.

Back to top Go down