The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account deletion

4 posters

Go down

Solved Account deletion

Post by dannitaxoxo September 7th 2008, 2:20 am

Hey. Sooo sorry if this does not belong here. Please tell me where else i can post it, if i can't post this here. Embarassed

On this one website i used to go on, because it's been having problems, and it has been reported by some people i know, but anyway, i quit it, and i asked the admin, (whom i now do not get along with) to delete my account and ban (I want to be banned so i won't have any reason to go back on the website, hard to explain)me. But she hasn't deleted my account or banned me, and i asked her to do this about 3 weeks ago maybe, and she still hasn't done it, i know theres a topic around this site somewhere, that said when a mmeber asked for an account deleted, it HAS to be deleted, but there are so many posts that i'm lost, and i have no idea what the title of the topic was. If you could provide that name of the topic, or a link, it will be greatly appreciated. Well, that isn't my point, i was wondering if there was anything, one of the mods or admins on this site can do. Please and thankyou, the site is listed below.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nessa on September 8th 2008, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit To Mark Topic Solved)
dannitaxoxo
dannitaxoxo
Forumember

Female Posts : 53
Language : English + Spanish

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Account deletion

Post by Darren1 September 7th 2008, 3:05 am

yes, there is a rule that ur account MUST be removed from the forum ASAP However as i beleive every forum is slighty different rules regarding this.
I know some forums dont remove the accounts, they just deactive and ban the use, and IP address.
In my forums (which i lo-longer control) what i have previously done is remove the account, and ban the IP as well as confirming with 3 slightly different emails to make sure it is the right person thats making the request, then i remove the account.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by dannitaxoxo September 7th 2008, 3:48 am

oh trust me she removes accounts all right, my friend got her's deleted and she was banned, (for no reason, just because the admin didn't like her) i have a feeling she's just not deleting my account to get me annoyed. *Sighs* Is there any possible way i can delete it on my own??
dannitaxoxo
dannitaxoxo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 September 7th 2008, 6:43 pm

Well, the admin of that forum has the liability to do so. Details in this small tutorial: [LINK]
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by dannitaxoxo September 8th 2008, 10:19 pm

Thank You.
dannitaxoxo
dannitaxoxo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa September 8th 2008, 10:20 pm

Since this question has been answered. I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down