The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deletion of account

+2
MrMario
itoh2
6 posters

Go down

Deletion of account Empty Deletion of account

Post by itoh2 November 17th 2009, 1:06 am

I asked a question back in July as to when and why an account would be deleted.
I was told then that if Adm did not sign-in within 6 months, the account would be closed. But, before it was closed, an email would be sent to Adm.

However, I have recently learned form someone that an account would be closed in 3 months if no Adm sign-in.
Then another friend said the forum would be closed in 1 month if no adm sign-in.

Would someone please clarifty when a forum would be delected in no adm sign-in. Sometimes I am traveling and might forget to sign-in and therefore would like to know the time limit.

Also, is it only the Adm who must sign-in within a required time. Or would a member signing-in qualify?
itoh2

Male Posts : 21
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Deletion of account Empty Re: Deletion of account

Post by MrMario November 17th 2009, 1:31 am

Its 6 months for the forum that doesn't have any activity. If the forum has activity it will be running if no one goes to the forum for 6 months you will get an email telling you its inactive and will be deleted. This is no matter if the admin doesn't sign in.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Deletion of account Empty Thank you

Post by itoh November 20th 2009, 1:51 am

MrMario wrote:Its 6 months for the forum that doesn't have any activity. If the forum has activity it will be running if no one goes to the forum for 6 months you will get an email telling you its inactive and will be deleted. This is no matter if the admin doesn't sign in.

Thank you. Please, would you tell me what is meant by: "Its 6 months for the forum that doesn't have any activity."

Does that mean I or one of members have to sign-in? (Not me as administrator?)
Or member has to sign-in and post a message?
Or does it mean someone has to visit and look at the page (no sign-in), etc.?
itoh
itoh
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by dashey November 20th 2009, 1:55 am

yup i was wondering that too:)
dashey
dashey
Forumember

Language : English, spanish and a bit of french

http://yanilicious.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 20th 2009, 2:04 am

itoh wrote:
MrMario wrote:Its 6 months for the forum that doesn't have any activity. If the forum has activity it will be running if no one goes to the forum for 6 months you will get an email telling you its inactive and will be deleted. This is no matter if the admin doesn't sign in.

Thank you. Please, would you tell me what is meant by: "Its 6 months for the forum that doesn't have any activity."

Does that mean I or one of members have to sign-in? (Not me as administrator?)
Or member has to sign-in and post a message?
Or does it mean someone has to visit and look at the page (no sign-in), etc.?

Are you the forums owner? if so then why even wait. just delete the forum if you dont want it.If it's not your forum and you want your account deleted then contact the forums admin and ask him to delete your account.

I mean i dont understand why you would want to wait. if you are the forums owner and you realy want to wait and not delete the forum. then move the forums link and dont tell anyone where it is and it will go by by on it's own.. if you have members logging once in a wile and posting then there is activity.

To tell you the truth i have had a forum for almost three years with no activity and it's still there. so i dont know where this 6 month thing is comming from?
but i still do log in there time to time. so may be thats why it's still there, not sure?

I am just confused if this is your forum or if you are a member of a forum and just want the account deleted?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by gotaro November 20th 2009, 11:54 pm

I am the owner and I do not want to delete the account/forum! (Never said I wanted to delete the forum.)
I just wanted to know if the forum would be deleted for "non-activity" (or something else) within a certain amount of time?
If so, what would keep it active?

#1- Does admin have to log in within certain amount of time (3 months, 6 months, etc.)?
#2- Or does any member need to log in within a certain amount of time (3 months, 6 months, etc.)?
#3- If we (admin or member) need to sign in, who must sign in? and within what period of time?

I have heard it would never be deleted; then we heard it would be delected in 3 months of no activity (I don't know whast "no activity" means); then we heard it would be deleted if no activity in 6 months.
gotaro
Forumember

Male Posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario November 21st 2009, 1:31 am

It doesn't matter who goes to the forum if it doesn't have anyone coming to the forum for 6 months it will be delete in the coming days.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by itoh November 23rd 2009, 2:11 am

MrMario wrote:It doesn't matter who goes to the forum if it doesn't have anyone coming to the forum for 6 months it will be delete in the coming days.

Thank you.

By "activity," do you mean people (not members) have to VISIT (look at) the forum, within 6 months, for it to remain active (not deleted)?

Or do you mean that admin or member must SIGN-IN (within 6 months)?

Thank you for your help.
itoh
itoh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario November 23rd 2009, 2:18 am

Anyone could be guest, members, admin, mod. If no one goes to the forum and its been 6 months you will get a email saying there is low activity and if you wish to have it please go to the forum or the forum will be deleted in the following week.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 24th 2009, 6:48 pm

inactive means.
No members or staff have logged in or has posted anything on the forum in 6 months. if someone logs in or post something then it's not inactive.

To ensure your forum will not be deleted then keep the forum as active as possible. log in every couple weeks. i see no reason to leave this thread open any longer.this is not rocket science... lol it reminds me of a joke who may people dose it take to screw in a light bulb. Mr. Green

Since the question was answered i will now mark and lock
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down