The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account deletion

2 posters

Go down

Account deletion Empty Account deletion

Post by wow99 February 12th 2010, 10:29 am

I read this post in the FAQ section.

https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/account-deletion-administrators-obligations-t1526.htm

I had no idea, I have in the past asked to be deleted from forums and was refused so I'm delighted to find out I have a law that I can use. Is this a french law or can it be used in the UK? Or does it have to relate to where the forum is registered?
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Account deletion Empty Re: Account deletion

Post by Darren1 February 12th 2010, 10:43 am

Hello,

The law is French yes, however, Forumotion being a french company, with "branches" in other languages means that, the french laws are applicable to other languages, as long as they are hosted on forumotion servers.

So yes that law is french and you can use it to get your account deleted Very Happy
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 February 12th 2010, 10:50 am

Unfortunately, it's not a forumotion where I would like to be deleted. Just wondering if we have got something similar in the UK.
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 12th 2010, 11:49 am

mwii hmm to be honest I wouldn't have a clue if there was an applied law in the United Kingdom.

However, I think there is a international law on personal information, which does include email addresses, and your property.
Not not really sure on this, I'd have to do alot of research to confirm or to deny this, and even if the law is right, the U.K. would have to be a signatory to the U.N. Treaty to this, and then they'd have to have a Domestic Law on this.

It's an awful lot of work, and I'd be basically relying on the U.K. Official sites to 100% verify it if you'd like.

Would you like me to do it?

EDIT: It would most likely be the Law on Telecommunications, 1800/1900-sometime; which has recently been amended.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 February 12th 2010, 1:26 pm

Thanks Darren, it's ok.
wow99
Forumember