The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deletion of Account and Posts attached to account

Go down

In progress Deletion of Account and Posts attached to account

Post by Guest February 10th 2023, 12:42 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #Unspecified
Position : Member
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
When the problem appeared : Recently
Forum link : ( link is hidden, you must reply to see )

Description of problem

Hello, due to some drama that has occurred, I am at a risk of being doxxed by the members of a forum that I have a long history on. I was formerly an admin and a mod, but now have been banned from my account.

I foolishly left a lot of personal identifying info on the site, so I was hoping that I could have my account and all associated posts of the account deleted. I have already spoken to the admins/moderators, and they have refused and said ominously that "they may need my information in the future".

I understand forumotion protocol is for accounts to be turned into guests, however that would still leave up all the posts with my personal information. Is there any chance that my posts and my account, Pikachu (u2306) could be deleted from the forum? I can give information that guarantees I'm the user of the account if necessary.

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Deletion of Account and Posts attached to account

Post by skouliki February 10th 2023, 7:57 am

hello

by law if you ask for an account to be deleted they must delete your account from the forum.

As for posts made on the forum if it has personal information then you can ask for them posts to be removed by law also
Now if you have made lots of posts on the forum and they are in with lots of other posts then it's harder to ask for them posts to be removed and the founder has the right to say no to you as the forum posts may not look right or posts could be quoted.

so please send me only the links to the threads that have your personal info ....for that links i will make a ticket to the head office asking to remove them .....send these only by pm

another solution is to unsubscribe yourself from that forum https://www.forumotion.com/unscribe
After you unsubscribe, your profile will appear as a guest without any information but the content posted by you in posts, will remain as is.

skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15133
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 10th 2023, 10:59 am

skouliki wrote:hello

by law if you ask for an account to be deleted they must delete your account from the forum.

As for posts made on the forum if it has personal information then you can ask for them posts to be removed by law also
Now if you have made lots of posts on the forum and they are in with lots of other posts then it's harder to ask for them posts to be removed and the founder has the right to say no to you as the forum posts may not look right or posts could be quoted.

so please send me only the links to the threads that have your personal info ....for that links i will make a ticket to the head office asking to remove them .....send these only by pm

Some of the issues I have is that I no longer have access to a lot of the posts I have written as the admin team archived it and restricted access. So I cannot go in and even check if I had more personal info on the site. Also the staff only area probably has more personal info of mine that I cannot access. Forumotion's search feature makes it incredible hard for me to run checks for mentions of my location/college/etc against my posts. Is there no way just a clean deletion of my account + posts could occur?

skouliki wrote:another solution is to unsubscribe yourself from that forum https://www.forumotion.com/unscribe
After you unsubscribe, your profile will appear as a guest without any information but the content posted by you in posts, will remain as is.

I tried to unsubscribe but the email account I thought was associated with my account is not receiving any emails. Worst case scenario, I'd at least like my account to be reverted to a guest account then.

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki February 10th 2023, 12:00 pm

we must somehow verify that you are the same person with that profile
so please send me as much as you can
profile account info , thread URLs , what kind of personal info you posted in that forum ex. name address
you said you were a formal admin if you were also the founder you can send me the forum email creation

what was the reason for your ban ?

also you can send this thread to the owners to read that they are obligated by law to delete your account or at least remove any personal data

again i must say that if your posts since you were an admin are about forum instructions/tutorials etc then it will be hard to be removed
your profile says 5540posts as you can imagine to delete all of them will mess up the forum
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15133
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki February 10th 2023, 5:38 pm

Your PM has been received with thanks.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules