The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

+72
Andy
Fleur de Lis
efbe
kevlar
busybee
adaywithmylove
Elwyse
chowbaaron
jubrilaya
Jimmy574
Aaddicted808
Queen of the World!
MeiZhen
xfycox
RayneK
rellison8
SxTxAxRxRxY
peter parker
XD375
Mikeric
runawayhorses
-Wing-
Schabbs
final fantasy
lestersantos
Kingbry
ifzombie
The_Great_WZ
roccityroller
Leapy
CINDY
Wench
combattuk
ccuk
JulieG
KiiD CuDii
Comic
alffian
spiritcharms
Misery_Kitty
john waller 10328
TUQUAN
Matamo
melodiccolor
Data2link
MasterTzu
carlfan
BlueStang07-Admin
Disaster92
TB
Burning 2k8
Vypra
musket
Shadow
Macsforever
MyOwnInsanity
middo2
jediwarrior
bootcoot
Guernsey Donkey
littlepeddler
MCL101
Bootlegger
dannitaxoxo
§çà®Fãçë™
endless013
paor
Mr.Killerguitar
Huma
PurpleUnicorn
kylesmummy06
Animal Lover
76 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Empty [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Guest September 17th 2008, 11:48 am

First topic message reminder :

uesr list background colour as gone and the messages background colour as gone crazy too

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Chatbox

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by busybee October 1st 2008, 2:38 pm

I have tested mine in IE and it is same as firefox. The problems are intermittent. Please note the background colour which was originally white.

Maggie
[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Chatbo10
busybee
Forumember

Female Posts : 122
Language : English

http://poetryandfriends.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by TB October 1st 2008, 11:49 pm

It seems as if the hard disconnect has been fixed, thank you.

One of the original problems still remain though. When installing any of the hitskin.com themes, the bottom line of the chatbox is still half cut off.
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe October 2nd 2008, 12:29 am

TB wrote:

One of the original problems still remain though. When installing any of the hitskin.com themes, the bottom line of the chatbox is still half cut off.
I asked about that in a previous post...i can't use the chatbox because of that reason.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingbry October 2nd 2008, 1:51 am

Any update, Typlo?
Kingbry
Forumember

Male Posts : 63

http://jordantodosey.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingbry October 2nd 2008, 7:18 am

UPDATE: As of 1:00 AM thursday... it is back to normal! Very Happy
Kingbry
Forumember

Male Posts : 63

http://jordantodosey.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur de Lis October 2nd 2008, 7:33 am

as of 130 am est my forum is down AGAIN!
AND WE DONT EVEN USE THE DAMN CHATBOX FEATURE! the last time a fix was put in place I lost posts I guess that will nappen again since last time the reset was down globaly even though we had not been affected by the chat box!
Fleur de Lis

Female Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 2nd 2008, 11:39 am

Approaching the weekend and again not fixed.
No updates from the staff on here.
There is no visible improvement at all apart from the log on problem.
It has now been over 2 weeks is the chatbox ever going to be fixed?
Or is the only way to get an answer on this forum ass kissing and grovelling to the staff eg "aren't the upgrades wonderful but I can't use my forum but this doesn't matter as you are doing a fantastic job"?
If this is the case I'd sooner poke my eyes out with knitting needles.
The chatbox issues are fast becoming a major farce and one that needs attention and response from the staff on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 2nd 2008, 11:53 am

Still kicking members out for no reason even if they have just posted.
This has been fixed yesterday

Appearance still very bad and no way of changing it even with template editing.
Where are the screenshots ?

Auto refresh better but major flashing when doing the refresh.
What is a "refresh flashing" exactly ?

Text box still on the left rather than how it was eg the right hand side
This isn't an issue, it has been planned to be like that.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 2nd 2008, 2:30 pm

Typlo wrote:
Still kicking members out for no reason even if they have just posted.
This has been fixed yesterday

Appearance still very bad and no way of changing it even with template editing.
Where are the screenshots ?

Auto refresh better but major flashing when doing the refresh.
What is a "refresh flashing" exactly ?

Text box still on the left rather than how it was eg the right hand side
This isn't an issue, it has been planned to be like that.

1, Not fixed still happening.
2, Its the same on all forums therefore a screenshot isn't needed.
3, Screen flashing white when refreshing.
4, Why fix what isn't broke, it took great intelligence to put a text entry on the left yet the box its shown in on the right amazing planning?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench October 2nd 2008, 5:11 pm

Typlo wrote:this issue you are mentioning about disconnecting is actually "normal" as we have fixed inactivity disconnection to 5 minutes.
In my opinion it's too short, so i'll check if we can enhance it a little.

Typlo - I see that this has still not been changed? Please can you ask the techies to set things back to what they were, i.e. 5 minutes - then you show as Away and after 15 minutes you are Disconnected. Please - it is truly frustrating to be disconnected after just 5 minutes of inactivity Sad
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by TB October 2nd 2008, 9:44 pm

The problem is still that is not just after 5 mins of inactivity, sometimes I get disconnected while typing. And yes please make it longer, the 5 mins is way too short.

Any news on the hitskin.com problem where the bottom half of the bottom line is cut off?
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy574 October 3rd 2008, 2:58 am

Typlo wrote:
Jimmy574 wrote:
Typlo wrote:this issue you are mentioning about disconnecting is actually "normal" as we have fixed inactivity disconnection to 5 minutes.
Sigh...

Just SET THE DAMN THINGS RIGHT BACK TO HOW THEY WERE BEFORE! How many times do I say it?

Just being polite and quitting giving me orders would be a first step, I'm not a dog here and I'm doing my best to satisfy you all.
heh
Jimmy574
Jimmy574
Forumember

Male Posts : 106
Language : British English

http://waddleworld.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 3rd 2008, 9:57 am

TB wrote:The problem is still that is not just after 5 mins of inactivity, sometimes I get disconnected while typing. And yes please make it longer, the 5 mins is way too short.

Any news on the hitskin.com problem where the bottom half of the bottom line is cut off?

could you please provide me with your forum address ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 3rd 2008, 12:01 pm

Its happening the same on www.truebuffs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TB October 3rd 2008, 2:47 pm

Hi Typlo, my forum address is http://fortloftus.darkbb.com/index.htm.

I appreciate the attention to these problems, thanks.
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench October 3rd 2008, 6:49 pm

Wench wrote:

Typlo - I see that this has still not been changed? Please can you ask the techies to set things back to what they were, i.e. 5 minutes - then you show as Away and after 15 minutes you are Disconnected. Please - it is truly frustrating to be disconnected after just 5 minutes of inactivity Sad

OK - now officialy feel and sound like a broken record Sad - This is now beyond pathetic - not a response from the Administrators - yet they have been here - and yet this issue is yet to be resolved. I am at a total and utter loss for words at the moment - I think I have raised this issue for 2 weeks now - is it really that difficult for the technical team to change this - or have you made a blanket decision not to change it. All I ask for is some form of communication from the Admin team as to whether this mess is being addressed???????? I do not want to change the Chat Box to another one - but the rate things are going - I may just have to go that route because - zero response in my eyes - means zero action. Sad scratch fufufu
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses October 3rd 2008, 10:44 pm

Can someone take a look at my chatbox please? It seems to be working alright but the bottom border of it is covering half of the text field where you write your message, so consequently its very difficult to get your cursor into the text field.

Thank you

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Last edited by runawayhorses on October 3rd 2008, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy October 3rd 2008, 11:10 pm

It works well for my forum. Probably a glitch.
Andy
Andy
Forumember

Male Posts : 79
Language : English and Chinese

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe October 4th 2008, 2:54 am

runawayhorses wrote:Can someone take a look at my chatbox please? It seems to be working alright but the bottom border of it is covering half of the text field where you write your message, so consequently its very difficult to get your cursor into the text field.

Thank you

I think that's only happening with some skins downloaded from hitskins.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses October 4th 2008, 3:07 am

efbe wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:Can someone take a look at my chatbox please? It seems to be working alright but the bottom border of it is covering half of the text field where you write your message, so consequently its very difficult to get your cursor into the text field.

Thank you

I think that's only happening with some skins downloaded from hitskins.
Well, I didn't download any skins from anyplace, I edited my own CSS file manually and the chatbox was perfect until this chatbox problem started. It does seem to be a sizing issue thou, and I tried making some changes to the chatbox in the CSS but to no avail. I really don't know what to do at this point, I'll disabled and remove my chatbox again I guess until they get this problem worked out, but I'm beginning to think my issues will be overlooked as people seem to have more serious problems.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor October 4th 2008, 5:49 am

The last time our chatbox was used was on 9/27 and the chat went for 8 hours. Random disconnects of all who were logged on did happen from time to time, often in the middle of typing.

The autorefresh stopped working for a few minutes at one point and occasionally, posts were delayed in appearing, but did eventually post in the correct order.

I guess things are a bit glitchy but do seem to be slowly improving.
melodiccolor
Forumember

http://The HSP Dimension http://funhsps.niceboard.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieG October 4th 2008, 8:55 am

Please is there any update on the chatbox problems, I am losing members to other forums now. Thank you
JulieG
Forumember

http://collienet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy574 October 4th 2008, 10:08 am

Hey! Earth to Typlo! Look! Blue in the god damn face, and you STILL don't get it?!

Are you even attempting to fix the chatboxes? It's been going on for 2+ weeks now and we're getting fed up with waiting. Just do what everyone is demanding, and SET THE CHATBOXES BACK TO NORMAL. Plus, you're ignoring everyone else's problems besides the chatbox. Would you really like to lose your host's reputation because of your stupidity?!

I'm already setting up a different forum at a different host. You've lost lots of loyal webmasters already.
Jimmy574
Jimmy574
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 4th 2008, 12:04 pm

Jimmy574 wrote:Hey! Earth to Typlo! Look! Blue in the god damn face, and you STILL don't get it?!

Are you even attempting to fix the chatboxes? It's been going on for 2+ weeks now and we're getting fed up with waiting. Just do what everyone is demanding, and SET THE CHATBOXES BACK TO NORMAL. Plus, you're ignoring everyone else's problems besides the chatbox. Would you really like to lose your host's reputation because of your stupidity?!

I'm already setting up a different forum at a different host. You've lost lots of loyal webmasters already.

Jimmy574, While I can understand your frustration with this recent chatbox problem After seeing your recent posts here, it is obvious you lack a certain amount of civility and respect towards staff who are trying to resolve this problem, which will not be tolerated, I will ask you kindly one last time to remain courteous towards staff during such times as these problems are being looked into. But these outbursts lashing out at staff is completely unacceptable. You have just recieved a Serious warning for such posts. Let me not see such rudeness here again. [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Yell
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Rioghal October 4th 2008, 5:20 pm

Hi folks ...

having sat here for the last 15 minutes or so reading all the posts I have come to the conclusion that ... the problem is still with us. or most of us.. lol. great detective work eh.

here is a screen shot of my chatbox - or it was when i used to use it - it has now been disabled for about 3 weeks, I do keep checking every other day or so in the hope it is fixed .. but alas - No!

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Chatbo10

As you can see from the shot - the bottom of the chatbox is missing or partly missing, i tried the meta tag resizing option but that just effected the whole layout of my forum.

Has anyone got a fix for this or are we still waiting for the techies to work some .... magic! Laughing jocolor

Regards
Andy
Rioghal
Rioghal
Forumember

Language : English, Gaelic, Japanese

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy October 4th 2008, 5:30 pm

It isn't happening on my site, but people say they can't log in on the chat box.
Andy
Andy
Forumember

Male Posts : 79
Language : English and Chinese

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses October 5th 2008, 12:01 am

Heres a screenshot of my chatbox as well, it has the same exact problem with the border as Rioghal's shatbox does:

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Chatboxss

MY forum URL:

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe October 5th 2008, 12:49 am

Mine is the same as above...so it's really unusable at the moment..for some reason it only happens on certain themes, not all of them. Hopefully it will get sorted out before too long. Very Happy
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy574 October 5th 2008, 5:30 am

Nessa wrote:
Jimmy574 wrote:Hey! Earth to Typlo! Look! Blue in the god damn face, and you STILL don't get it?!

Jimmy574, While I can understand your frustration with this recent chatbox problem After seeing your recent posts here, it is obvious you lack a certain amount of civility and respect towards staff who are trying to resolve this problem, which will not be tolerated, I will ask you kindly one last time to remain courteous towards staff during such times as these problems are being looked into. But these outbursts lashing out at staff is completely unacceptable. You have just recieved a Serious warning for such posts. Let me not see such rudeness here again. [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 11 Yell

I don't care at the least, since I'm going to be leaving this host in the next few months (YES!!!) since the staff can't take 100+ users' requests to fix a damn chatbox, and since they ignore all the other issues, no matter how serious the issues are.

The reliability here is through the floor. I was hacked last October, and there were no restore points. Drop-down box empty. I asked the staff to help, but even after they constantly promised, they didn't do shit, so I was fed up near the end of the month of waiting so I reset the forum completely. We lost everything.

If the staff here can't go so far as to fix a little shoutbox and help everyone else in their problems then this forum wouldn't have been bombarded with complaints the past month, and you wouldn't be losing 100s of loyal webmasters a day. Way to go.
Jimmy574
Jimmy574
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 5th 2008, 10:29 am

Ahh, yet the rudeness continues? Oh well seeing as you don't care in the least really, and come back here sniveling with more attitude and distain towards Forumotion when asked to remain courteous. Let me help you to the door Jimmy574. Wink

=>1 Serious Warning + Final Warning = Member Banned Hello
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next