The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

+72
Andy
Fleur de Lis
efbe
kevlar
busybee
adaywithmylove
Elwyse
chowbaaron
jubrilaya
Jimmy574
Aaddicted808
Queen of the World!
MeiZhen
xfycox
RayneK
rellison8
SxTxAxRxRxY
peter parker
XD375
Mikeric
runawayhorses
-Wing-
Schabbs
final fantasy
lestersantos
Kingbry
ifzombie
The_Great_WZ
roccityroller
Leapy
CINDY
Wench
combattuk
ccuk
JulieG
KiiD CuDii
Comic
alffian
spiritcharms
Misery_Kitty
john waller 10328
TUQUAN
Matamo
melodiccolor
Data2link
MasterTzu
carlfan
BlueStang07-Admin
Disaster92
TB
Burning 2k8
Vypra
musket
Shadow
Macsforever
MyOwnInsanity
middo2
jediwarrior
bootcoot
Guernsey Donkey
littlepeddler
MCL101
Bootlegger
dannitaxoxo
§çà®Fãçë™
endless013
paor
Mr.Killerguitar
Huma
PurpleUnicorn
kylesmummy06
Animal Lover
76 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Empty [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 am

First topic message reminder :

uesr list background colour as gone and the messages background colour as gone crazy too

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Chatbox

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Shadow Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 pm

all bugs on chatbox should now be fixed, please report if any other issue is encountered Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Burning 2k8 Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 pm

That is great. I'm going to check it out.
Burning 2k8
Burning 2k8
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:30 pm

i just deleted all my cookies, it's just the same on my now but now it wont auto sign me in now

edit: only problem with it now you have to click onto log in to use the chat box

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster92 Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:41 pm

hope they fix it soon
Disaster92
Disaster92
Forumember

Male Posts : 129
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 pm

spook wrote:i just deleted all my cookies, it's just the same on my now but now it wont auto sign me in now

edit: only problem with it now you have to click onto log in to use the chat box

You want to be logged straight away when logging to your forum ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TB Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm sorry to say, the "Message" box at the bottom is still only half visible, and now it does not scroll up automatically with the posts.

The commands are working again, thank you very much. I appreciate the direct contact on this thread.
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:47 pm

when you click the link to enter the chat box you should be log in because you are log onto the forum,

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:49 pm

TB wrote:I'm sorry to say, the "Message" box at the bottom is still only half visible, and now it does not scroll up automatically with the posts.

The commands are working again, thank you very much. I appreciate the direct contact on this thread.

Is it possible to have a screenshot of this issue?

cheers
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TB Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:54 pm

Is this big enough so that you can make it out?

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Screenshotiq3
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:55 pm

here i click on the chatbox

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Chatbo11

i'm sure you should be auto log in the chatbox when you click the link

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:09 pm

Forum widget for the chatbox still not fixed only showing the right side of the chatbox.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:27 pm

And this code no longer works and it did fine before the update

Code:
<IFRAME src="/chatbox_mod/chatbox.forum" width=550 height=250></IFRAME>

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:31 pm

TB wrote:Is this big enough so that you can make it out?

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Screenshotiq3

the screen is indeed a bit small, is bigger possible or just your forum link?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TB Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:38 pm

TB

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStang07-Admin Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Yes I'm having issues on our site like the default color of the chatbox is black and our background is dark blue and our members are complaning of that they have to change it to a different color is there a way to cahnge the default color of the chatbox to white.Thanks Eddie
BlueStang07-Admin
BlueStang07-Admin
Forumember

Male Posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:07 pm

yeah, my backround is a very dark grey, I'd venture to say a lickt or faded black so reading black on that is the kind of HARD, to put it lightly... the white was way better as the default
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450
Language : english

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Its also very bad on updating you have to move the scroll button to read the last post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:50 pm

BlueStang07-Admin wrote:Yes I'm having issues on our site like the default color of the chatbox is black and our background is dark blue and our members are complaning of that they have to change it to a different color is there a way to cahnge the default color of the chatbox to white.Thanks Eddie
Not any way to change it either through the css or template editing.

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfan Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Yes, still a lot of lag... and still having to scroll down to see the last posts... and when I first login to the forum, this keeps on coming up....

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Forumchatboxproblem
carlfan

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Is there a way to change the backround of the chat? if we could stick our own little backround in there it could be a temp fix to the black text on dark backround issue.
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:01 pm

endless013 wrote:Is there a way to change the backround of the chat? if we could stick our own little backround in there it could be a temp fix to the black text on dark backround issue.
No we're not allowed to despite paying for template editing.

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTzu Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:02 pm

I see the techs are working diligently to fix the chatbox. Are they fixing the other CSS issues this update caused as well? What about the CSS form box display issue with the character sheet widget and/or profile that's been posted about for the last YEAR that no one seems to want to respond to in ANY of the threads started about it?

No offense, but if some of this stuff isn't fixed soon, I'm looking for a new host. I'm as patient as patient can be, but not when people are having their issues either totally ignored or being told falsely that things are "fixed" only to have no change or worse problems. *sigh*
MasterTzu

Back to top Go down

Post by musket Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:39 pm

A useful free tool to help set up forum colours and avoid conflicting colour schemes

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 2008-09-01_105731

http://www.colorschemer.com/colorpix_info.php

you just place the mouse over a colour you want to use, read the hex value and enter it in your config......... Very Happy .........musket

musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by musket Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:49 pm

carlfan wrote:Yes, still a lot of lag... and still having to scroll down to see the last posts... and when I first login to the forum, this keeps on coming up....

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 3 Forumchatboxproblem

the syntax statement is still incorrect somehow, maybe spaces missing or in the wrong place...........musket
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:59 pm

my chat is now logging everyone inand out every 5 seconds and also the @ symbol next to my name as well as the other chat mods is vanishing then re apearing... Mad
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:13 pm

My chatbox is still messed up too- the wording is black and the.- The @ sign is still appearing also for anyone who posts after a chat mod.

Also- the reply box has been shortened still??

Last edited by Data2link on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : border is back...)
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by jediwarrior Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:54 pm

now my chat box wont re fresh got to do it manually
jediwarrior
Forumember

Male Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by jediwarrior Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:09 pm

chatbox is logging people in and out every 5 seconds
jediwarrior
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:17 pm

What annoys me most about the whole thing is the original chatboxes are still there just disconnected.

Back to top Go down

Post by jediwarrior Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:33 pm

why cant they put the old chat box back till THEY FIX THE PROBLEM. Then add the update.
jediwarrior
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next