The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

+72
Andy
Fleur de Lis
efbe
kevlar
busybee
adaywithmylove
Elwyse
chowbaaron
jubrilaya
Jimmy574
Aaddicted808
Queen of the World!
MeiZhen
xfycox
RayneK
rellison8
SxTxAxRxRxY
peter parker
XD375
Mikeric
runawayhorses
-Wing-
Schabbs
final fantasy
lestersantos
Kingbry
ifzombie
The_Great_WZ
roccityroller
Leapy
CINDY
Wench
combattuk
ccuk
JulieG
KiiD CuDii
Comic
alffian
spiritcharms
Misery_Kitty
john waller 10328
TUQUAN
Matamo
melodiccolor
Data2link
MasterTzu
carlfan
BlueStang07-Admin
Disaster92
TB
Burning 2k8
Vypra
musket
Shadow
Macsforever
MyOwnInsanity
middo2
jediwarrior
bootcoot
Guernsey Donkey
littlepeddler
MCL101
Bootlegger
dannitaxoxo
§çà®Fãçë™
endless013
paor
Mr.Killerguitar
Huma
PurpleUnicorn
kylesmummy06
Animal Lover
76 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 4 Empty [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Guest September 17th 2008, 11:48 am

First topic message reminder :

uesr list background colour as gone and the messages background colour as gone crazy too

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 4 Chatbox

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 4 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Guest September 19th 2008, 10:43 pm

jediwarrior wrote:why cant they put the old chat box back till THEY FIX THE PROBLEM. Then add the update.
To me that makes perfect sense.

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 4 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by melodiccolor September 19th 2008, 10:45 pm

Well, I just tested mine and everything seemed to be working until I got to the end. Then I discovered I couldn't log out. It won't time me out either. So fixing it when others complained of getting logged out every few seconds caused it so now I can't log out at all. confused Hopefully you'll get this fixed soon. I am not comfortable being permanently logged into the chatbox.
melodiccolor
Forumember

Language : english

http://The HSP Dimension http://funhsps.niceboard.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 September 19th 2008, 10:48 pm

couldbe86 wrote:
endless013 wrote:Is there a way to change the backround of the chat? if we could stick our own little backround in there it could be a temp fix to the black text on dark backround issue.
No we're not allowed to despite paying for template editing.
Hmm, I've been holding a backround for it too I wanted to add, well, that sucks... Mad Mad

I've just taken my chat off until its fixed and am sending my members to my other chat from addon chat... in order to log out of the chat last time I used it, actually the only way I've ever logged out is with the "/exit" code
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 19th 2008, 10:50 pm

The log off isn't working now as well as the default text being black and the refresh not working.
Overall its abysmal and something the techs should be rightly ashamed of.

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor September 19th 2008, 11:12 pm

I am finding that the refresh and the auto refresh doesn't work as well. And I am still stuck logged in.
melodiccolor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Matamo September 19th 2008, 11:13 pm

I have also been having problems on my site. On my site i seem to be having many lags and many discons constintly. Please if you could check it out and help me if you can.

http://shinobigods.forumotions.net/index.htm
Matamo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Matamo September 19th 2008, 11:13 pm

I have also cant see any thing said below me.
Matamo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 19th 2008, 11:17 pm

I think its about time the admins on this site told us the truth!
Just to check I signed up for a french forum and surprise surprise no bug filled "updates" the old chatbox and runs faster than our "English" ones.
How does everyone feel about being used as test subjects before they put it on the french forums.
This has made me extremely angry and I know I will not be alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by TB September 19th 2008, 11:28 pm

Does anybody know whether the mods/technicians work after hours and over weekends, or should we check back on Monday to see if there has been progress?
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by bootcoot September 20th 2008, 12:05 am

i was told once before that they dont work on weekends.... i thought my chatbox was fixed but it is going 'bonkers' again... cant log out of it either, its really 'jumpy', cant see the last line of text.......
bootcoot
bootcoot
Forumember

Female Posts : 83

http://www.clubpenguinchat.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2008, 12:07 am

no the techs do not work on weekends Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by TUQUAN September 20th 2008, 12:11 am

Any idea, when it will be fixed?
TUQUAN
Forumember

Language : 753159

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2008, 12:11 am

we dont have a clue i'm just going remove my chatbox from my forum till it's 100% bug free

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOwnInsanity September 20th 2008, 12:12 am

well sorry to say even though some are saying that the techs have fixed the chatbox, mine still looks the same, its meant to have borders around it along with the message part is meant to be on the opposite side(well im bloody sure its meant to be on the right not the left) lol
MyOwnInsanity
Forumember

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by jediwarrior September 20th 2008, 12:44 am

well to me the mods dont care the techs cant be bothered andi for 1 am thinking of finding another server as my chat is screwed up as in wont refresh wont log me or members out keeps signing people out of chat and not letting them sign back in. you can only see top half of what im writing Evil or Very Mad . now can the mods techs or admin sort this out please
jediwarrior
Forumember

Male Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2008, 12:48 am

jediwarrior wrote:well to me the mods dont care the techs cant be bothered andi for 1 am thinking of finding another server as my chat is screwed up as in wont refresh wont log me or members out keeps signing people out of chat and not letting them sign back in. you can only see top half of what im writing Evil or Very Mad . now can the mods techs or admin sort this out please

i would remove the forumotion chatbox till it been fixed

for a shout box or something like that and add in a post so people can uise that till the chatbox been fixed

Back to top Go down

Post by jediwarrior September 20th 2008, 12:52 am

tried that wont allow us to do that either tried it
jediwarrior
Forumember

Male Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2008, 12:55 am

i have a shout box in a post till chatbox is 100% fixed

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor September 20th 2008, 2:22 am

Well, it just gets worse. Even if I log out of my board, I find that when I log back in, I am still logged into the chatbox!

Dragonfir,

I hope your efforts to stop all those different threads on one topic works. I for one appreciate the effort.
melodiccolor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by john waller 10328 September 20th 2008, 2:28 am

dragonfir731 wrote:no the techs do not work on weekends Sad

do the techs work at all????????????

just put it back to the old chat box and stop using the uk as test subjects as it works fine on the french one.. MERDE MERDE MERDE
john waller 10328
john waller 10328
Forumember

Male Posts : 45
Language : Gimme another beer.

Back to top Go down

Post by john waller 10328 September 20th 2008, 2:40 am

can we just get the old chatbox back?????????
john waller 10328
john waller 10328
Forumember

Male Posts : 45
Language : Gimme another beer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty September 20th 2008, 2:44 am

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but these are the problems i am having since the updates occurred::

Forum issues::
* half my members are experiencing that their quick reply box has been shrunk to only allow 3 visible lines then the text disappears upwards.
* pm pop ups stopped working for most of us.
* wysiwyg does not work for anyone... when i put in a smiley it shows the code for it not the smiley itself, when you put in a table/image/link it all comes up as html...
* some html like quotes is actually showing up in posts rather then doing their function
* half the day banners, pics, icon all either don't load or take awhile to load... then the other half they work perfect
* when you try to add a smiley to a post it only ads to the end of the post not where you want it... and the post box jumps to the top

Admin issues::
* I tried re-ordering my categories yesterday and it would not stick... they actually moved on their own to where ever they wanted to just by refreshing the page they showed up in different spots (and where doing the same in the main forum)
* I add new smiles and they take a good 30 mins to show up in the main forum

And that's all i can remember for now Rolling Eyes

again sorry fi this is the wrong area for it please advice before deleting so i can copy and paste it to the right area Embarassed
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms September 20th 2008, 5:20 am

Admin issues::
* I tried re-ordering my categories yesterday and it would not stick... they actually moved on their own to where ever they wanted to just by refreshing the page they showed up in different spots (and where doing the same in the main forum)

Thanks for that, this as just happened to me while i was just messing, i thought it was odd, must be something to do with these updates.

Dont know if anybody else has noticed, but does your forum seem a bit slower to load than usual. This started for me just after the updates. Im not saying it is though as ive just installed firefox 3 at the same time, so it cold be related to that.
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Female Posts : 289

http://spiritcharms.nice-topics.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty September 20th 2008, 6:02 am

Ok since i posted before these things have come back::
smilies are now working in the text box Very Happy umm...
wysiwyg is working all round
pm's pop ups are working

have not tested admin yet, nor seen the image glitch (but both could be off still)

and the quick reply box is showing like this for some members still::
[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 4 Dateon10
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Burning 2k8 September 20th 2008, 6:28 am

Try disabling it then re-enabling it.
Burning 2k8
Burning 2k8
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by alffian September 20th 2008, 9:00 am

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 4 Fsdfsd10

my chatbox already in looking good. but one thing i do know how to do, change the default colour . example , my background chatbox is black colour but my default colour also same the black colour. so here, when new member 1st time login, they must change the colour to defrent . see the pic above, it's already hilglight for loking the font colour.

to matching your chatbox colour,
go to display/color/CSS stylesheet and click "See your forum basic CSS"
after that u can modified it . example

.chatbox_row_1,.chatbox_row_2,.chatbox_row_3 {
font-size: 11px;}
.memberlist_row_1 {
padding: 2px 2px 2px 10px;
background-color: #000000;
}
#chatbox .user {
font-weight: normal;}
#chatbox_members .member-title {
text-align: center;
padding: 0.5em 0.25em;
background-image: none;
font-size: 11px;
background-color: #000000;
}
#chatbox .user {
font-weight: normal;
}
#chatbox_contextmenu p {
margin:0;
padding: 1px 4px;
font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif;
background: #FFFFFF;
border-bottom:1px solid #777;
}
#chatbox_contextmenu a {
color: #FFFFFF;
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 70%;
}
.user {
font-weight: normal;

after that copy back it and edit at coloum CSS. then submit it..
alffian
alffian
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

http://www.sioloonfunclub.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by musket September 20th 2008, 11:35 am

I've disabled the forum chat box on mine until such time as the errors are

sorted out in it chat box, syntax error still comeing up everytime the home

page is entered...............musket
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2008, 1:27 pm

Kilsek wrote:And this code no longer works and it did fine before the update

Code:
<IFRAME src="/chatbox_mod/chatbox.forum" width=550 height=250></IFRAME>

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery_Kitty September 20th 2008, 2:42 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have tried disabling and enabling about 4 times now.... and she still wont play nice beu
Misery_Kitty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleUnicorn September 20th 2008, 3:14 pm

The chat box keeps disconnecting me and connecting me and it wont show any posts until i post ><

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 4 Chatbo11
PurpleUnicorn
PurpleUnicorn
Forumember

Female Posts : 63

http://gemvalley.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next