The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

+72
Andy
Fleur de Lis
efbe
kevlar
busybee
adaywithmylove
Elwyse
chowbaaron
jubrilaya
Jimmy574
Aaddicted808
Queen of the World!
MeiZhen
xfycox
RayneK
rellison8
SxTxAxRxRxY
peter parker
XD375
Mikeric
runawayhorses
-Wing-
Schabbs
final fantasy
lestersantos
Kingbry
ifzombie
The_Great_WZ
roccityroller
Leapy
CINDY
Wench
combattuk
ccuk
JulieG
KiiD CuDii
Comic
alffian
spiritcharms
Misery_Kitty
john waller 10328
TUQUAN
Matamo
melodiccolor
Data2link
MasterTzu
carlfan
BlueStang07-Admin
Disaster92
TB
Burning 2k8
Vypra
musket
Shadow
Macsforever
MyOwnInsanity
middo2
jediwarrior
bootcoot
Guernsey Donkey
littlepeddler
MCL101
Bootlegger
dannitaxoxo
§çà®Fãçë™
endless013
paor
Mr.Killerguitar
Huma
PurpleUnicorn
kylesmummy06
Animal Lover
76 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 10 Empty [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Guest September 17th 2008, 11:48 am

First topic message reminder :

uesr list background colour as gone and the messages background colour as gone crazy too

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 10 Chatbox

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 10 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by JulieG September 28th 2008, 11:36 am

I tried mine last night, half the members couldnt log in, and it kept kicking others out, so you are lucky.
JulieG
Forumember

Language : English

http://collienet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 10 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by carlfan September 28th 2008, 3:19 pm

Out chatbox was working great this afternoon and the annoying error message box had vanished.... I thought YAY ITS FIXED! But now the annoying box is back again.... Sad
carlfan

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by musket September 29th 2008, 1:01 am

I spoke too soon error char 28 is back again Twisted Evil ...........musket
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeric September 29th 2008, 3:14 am

any updates on the chatbox? I know they weren't there over the weekend but can we get one on Monday about it?
Mikeric
Forumember

Language : english

http://southshorestangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow September 29th 2008, 9:32 am

Hello,

sorry for this persistent issues on the chatbox, can someone please list me what's still not working ?

Thank you very much
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 29th 2008, 9:59 am

my still not loging in straight away when i click the chat box link

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 29th 2008, 1:33 pm

spook wrote:my still not loging in straight away when i click the chat box link

same here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 29th 2008, 3:04 pm

Members are still being disconnected after 1 minutes inactivity.
The autoscroll isn't working right eg two pages of messages and the problems with reading the text start.
Members using the away feature are still connected after an hour or more even though they have left the site.
No auto log-on when the join the chat is clicked.
Text in who's on the chat very faded and the background different to the chat section.
When members are booted from the chat due to the above fault they have to manually click the auto-refresh box.
The text box on the left instead of the right.
Overall appearance is not good where is the border separating the who's in the chat from the chat section, no I don't mean the new 2 pixel line but the old border?
There are a few more faults but at the moment they slip my mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench September 29th 2008, 5:48 pm

couldbe86 wrote:Members are still being disconnected after 1 minutes inactivity.
The autoscroll isn't working right eg two pages of messages and the problems with reading the text start.
Members using the away feature are still connected after an hour or more even though they have left the site.
Text in who's on the chat very faded and the background different to the chat section.
When members are booted from the chat due to the above fault they have to manually click the auto-refresh box.
Overall appearance is not good where is the border separating the who's in the chat from the chat section, no I don't mean the new 2 pixel line but the old border?

I am experiencing everything that has been mentioned above Sad - Typlo - many of the forumites posted very specific examples of the problems being experienced on the previous page. Sorry to sound obnoxious - but we seem to be repeating ourselves over and over again - things get fixed then they break.

I have a simple question of which I am yet to receive an answer to. Why can the previous Chat Box not be re-instated - or was a back-up of the code not made?

Please - this has been going on for almost 2 weeks now and it seems like we are not getting the problems resolved???? Sad Sad Shocked
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieG September 29th 2008, 5:57 pm

I have had a problem with new member registrations for over two months now, which still isnt resolved, so I dont think we have much chance of getting this sorted in the short term. As has been suggested, cant we have the forum restored to as it was before the update?
JulieG
Forumember

http://collienet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 29th 2008, 11:18 pm

Wench wrote:
couldbe86 wrote:Members are still being disconnected after 1 minutes inactivity.

I am experiencing everything that has been mentioned above Sad - Typlo - many of the forumites posted very specific examples of the problems being experienced on the previous page. Sorry to sound obnoxious - but we seem to be repeating ourselves over and over again - things get fixed then they break.

I have a simple question of which I am yet to receive an answer to. Why can the previous Chat Box not be re-instated - or was a back-up of the code not made?

Please - this has been going on for almost 2 weeks now and it seems like we are not getting the problems resolved???? Sad Sad Shocked
We have had posts along the lines of "its fixed" and "the technicians are working very hard on rectifying the problems"
What we need now is proof that it will be fixed at all?
Every day nearly we get assurances its being fixed but no progress the users can see just more problems.
If you can't fix the new chat put the old one back before you lose even more members as there is a lot of free forum providers out there most offering your paid services for free.
Forumotions only good point was the chatbox and one that has been screwed up by recent "updates".
Its about time you listened to your members/customers before its too late for you to recover from this the latest "upgrade" farce.
Its looking more and more that forumotion is a kids bedroom company rather than a professional one to everyone , despite your constant use of the term "office" to describe the work area.
It is also obvious the so called technicians rather than being professional coders are actually hobby coders with the amount of mistakes they make and the none show of fixes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingbry September 30th 2008, 12:20 am

Well, here's what is still going wrong with my forum, which seems to be a different set of errors than most of the others here.

- When you set yourself to away, using the command, auto-refresh is turned off.
- While you can see others being set to away and or timing out, it is inconsistently done (one time logged out after 5 minutes, one time set to away, one time nothing...) and you yourself are never shown as being away unless you manually refresh the page through your browser.
- The font for the online / away list is still using browser defaults.
- very rarely, but it happens, members are repeatedly logged out and in, like others have experienced in previous weeks.
- Others report that they were randomly logged into the chatbox when their mouse cursor is over the chatbox, but I haven't been able to duplicate this since late last week.

My forum is here.

In a related issue, when the database crashed completely a bit over a week ago (no portal, general error when attempting to post, etc...) several important topics were lost... is there anyway of getting those back? I would really appreciate knowing one way or another if those topics can be retrieved.
Kingbry
Forumember

Male Posts : 63

http://jordantodosey.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTzu September 30th 2008, 5:59 am

Please just revert the goddamn update so I don't have to move all my forums! It's screwed up WAY more than the chatbox, the CSS is all screwed up in Firefox now, too. Just REVERT for the love of all that is holy! REVERT!
MasterTzu

Back to top Go down

Post by adaywithmylove September 30th 2008, 7:56 am

just stop by to say "Thank you"
adaywithmylove
adaywithmylove

Male Posts : 1
Language : Vietnamese

http://ateners.online-talk.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by busybee September 30th 2008, 12:07 pm

I have several problems in my chatbox. when some members sign in they are a number with no user name. The background colour in the chatbox is now red and was white previously.
Busybee
busybee
Forumember

Female Posts : 122

http://poetryandfriends.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfan September 30th 2008, 2:44 pm

Just reporting that I am now in our chat box chatting away to people and it's working perfectly!!!! Hope it stays that way!! Thanks to all the work going on behind the scenes to get things right for us!!
carlfan

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TB September 30th 2008, 2:56 pm

We still have a hard disconnect in our chatbox, with people getting disconnected even while typing a message. The time to disconnect seems to be between 3-7 minutes.
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeric September 30th 2008, 4:33 pm

Disconnect seems to be the biggest problem we are having. The scrolling is working now. Also auto refresh is unchecking itself when you are disconnected and reconnect.
Mikeric
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow September 30th 2008, 4:44 pm

this issue you are mentioning about disconnecting is actually "normal" as we have fixed inactivity disconnection to 5 minutes.
In my opinion it's too short, so i'll check if we can enhance it a little.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 30th 2008, 5:03 pm

I personally can see no improvement in the chatbox?
The text box is still on the left yet other members screen shots show it how it was eg at the right?
As for the disconnect issue That will only become clear when people are on chat.
The appearance is still abysmal with the who's in the chat being a different color when chat is entered.
Yes, to some I may seem a whinging git but most of our forums traffic is through the chatbox and it is the focal point of the whole site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench September 30th 2008, 9:44 pm

Typlo wrote:this issue you are mentioning about disconnecting is actually "normal" as we have fixed inactivity disconnection to 5 minutes.

Thanks Typlo - but it was not "normal" under the previous chat. The previous chat showed Away after 5 minutes and you were disconnected after 15 minutes. Why can this not be brought back? If not - please do whatever you can to get the 5 minutes extended - it is way too short and exceptionally frustrating.

Thank you very much for all the other fixes that have taken place - so far so good - touch wood Very Happy
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeric September 30th 2008, 11:16 pm

I th ink the away after 5 and disconnect after 15 again would be perfect, other than that mine is working good now.
Mikeric
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy574 October 1st 2008, 1:26 am

Typlo wrote:this issue you are mentioning about disconnecting is actually "normal" as we have fixed inactivity disconnection to 5 minutes.
Sigh...

Just SET THE DAMN THINGS RIGHT BACK TO HOW THEY WERE BEFORE! How many times do I say it?
Jimmy574
Jimmy574
Forumember

Male Posts : 106
Language : British English

http://waddleworld.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kevlar October 1st 2008, 3:49 am

Some on my members are being logged out of the chat.

Also when thay happens, the AUTO REFRESH box is unchecked..

#3 The chat on the homepage scrolls to the 1st thing said when the chat was opened that day.

Can you email me about this at kpsheehan5655@hotmail.com... I have more issues to talk about NOT dealing with the chat.
kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingbry October 1st 2008, 7:38 am

I'm going to let a picture tell the story on this one... I can't even list all the things that are messed up about this thing now. Sad

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 10 E0t9g

Srlsy?

Someone please save us!!!
Kingbry
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 1st 2008, 10:17 am

Kingbry wrote:I'm going to let a picture tell the story on this one... I can't even list all the things that are messed up about this thing now. Sad

Srlsy?

On which browser do you have this issues ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 1st 2008, 10:18 am

Jimmy574 wrote:
Sigh...

Just SET THE DAMN THINGS RIGHT BACK TO HOW THEY WERE BEFORE! How many times do I say it?

Just being polite and quitting giving me orders would be a first step, I'm not a dog here and I'm doing my best to satisfy you all.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses October 1st 2008, 11:14 am

I have the answer to all your chatbox problems, consider this>> Get a NEW one and forget about waiting for your old one to be fixed.

First, simply set your forum to allow HTML in your admin panel, then go here http://www.shoutmix.com/main/ and get a new shoutbox, and take the code they provide for you and paste it in a post, and 'presto' you have a new functional and superior chatbox. Yes I said superior, they are far more customizable then the one you have now and they always work excellent. They are very popular too becuase they work so great and can be re-sized to any dimensions, you'll love it. Best of all...they're free.

http://www.shoutmix.com/main/
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingbry October 1st 2008, 1:00 pm

Typlo wrote:
Kingbry wrote:I'm going to let a picture tell the story on this one... I can't even list all the things that are messed up about this thing now. Sad

Srlsy?

On which browser do you have this issues ?

Thanks for the reply, Typlo... I didn't think to test it in the other browsers, since all my other problems have been across all browsers... I've tested Firefox and Safari, and I can test IE in about an hour or so... but, to my surprise, out of Firefox (3) and Safari (3), it's only in Firefox.

EDIT: Everything's fine in IE... seems to only be Firefox. Sad

Last edited by Kingbry on October 1st 2008, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kingbry
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 1st 2008, 1:08 pm

Still kicking members out for no reason even if they have just posted.
Appearance still very bad and no way of changing it even with template editing.
Auto refresh better but major flashing when doing the refresh.
Text box still on the left rather than how it was eg the right hand side
Improved but still not right.

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next