The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

+72
Andy
Fleur de Lis
efbe
kevlar
busybee
adaywithmylove
Elwyse
chowbaaron
jubrilaya
Jimmy574
Aaddicted808
Queen of the World!
MeiZhen
xfycox
RayneK
rellison8
SxTxAxRxRxY
peter parker
XD375
Mikeric
runawayhorses
-Wing-
Schabbs
final fantasy
lestersantos
Kingbry
ifzombie
The_Great_WZ
roccityroller
Leapy
CINDY
Wench
combattuk
ccuk
JulieG
KiiD CuDii
Comic
alffian
spiritcharms
Misery_Kitty
john waller 10328
TUQUAN
Matamo
melodiccolor
Data2link
MasterTzu
carlfan
BlueStang07-Admin
Disaster92
TB
Burning 2k8
Vypra
musket
Shadow
Macsforever
MyOwnInsanity
middo2
jediwarrior
bootcoot
Guernsey Donkey
littlepeddler
MCL101
Bootlegger
dannitaxoxo
§çà®Fãçë™
endless013
paor
Mr.Killerguitar
Huma
PurpleUnicorn
kylesmummy06
Animal Lover
76 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Empty [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Guest September 17th 2008, 11:48 am

First topic message reminder :

uesr list background colour as gone and the messages background colour as gone crazy too

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Chatbox

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by MyOwnInsanity September 26th 2008, 11:41 am

yes i can confirm that the auto login has been fixed Smile, thats all so far tyvm Very Happy
MyOwnInsanity
Forumember

Male Posts : 76
Language : english

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update

Post by Schabbs September 26th 2008, 1:49 pm

Typlo wrote:script error and automatic login/logout issue should be fixed, can anyone confirm please? Smile

Here at http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/ , Chatbox seems to be working ok now. No longer is it logging users in automatically, and the auto scroll for the messages is working again. Smile

Brian.
Schabbs
Schabbs
Forumember

Male Posts : 26
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 September 26th 2008, 2:42 pm

the random auto log in has been fixed on mine too.
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guernsey Donkey September 26th 2008, 2:56 pm

Yep seems to be working ok no and no more Script error's

:wééé:
Guernsey Donkey
Guernsey Donkey
Forumember

Male Posts : 111
Language : English, Guernsey French, Celtic, Latin

http://www.vuedesisles.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 26th 2008, 3:38 pm

I like automatically being logged in.

I wish we can get the embed code to work with the chat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench September 26th 2008, 3:42 pm

Thank you very much for fixing the Auto Login problem - It is greatly appreciated.

However, there is still a problem with a person being logged out automatically after 5 minutes. Please see screenshot below.

Previously, if a person was inactive for 5 minutes they would show as Away and after 15 minutes they would be disconnected. Please can this timing be put back? 5 minutes is a very short inactive time period to set in order to disconnect a person.

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Chat10

The Style Sheet has also not be changed where it shows who is Online - it is still reflecting something like Times New Roman - and even if I change the browser font - the text does not change????

Last edited by Wench on September 26th 2008, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by rellison8 September 26th 2008, 3:47 pm

Typlo wrote:script error and automatic login/logout issue should be fixed, can anyone confirm please? Smile

Things are much better but some members are still getting script errors with IE.

You want me to see if I can get a screen shot of it?

I personally have never had any script errors but I am running FF. I do think things are on the right track though.
rellison8
rellison8
Forumember

Male Posts : 75

http://www.fishn4fun.net

Back to top Go down

Post by musket September 26th 2008, 4:06 pm

Just checked mine, all seems ok no errors reported

If you logout of forum when logged into chat box you are

automatically logged in to chat box after logging into forum again

if you log out of forum when logged out of chat box you status

is logged out of chat box when you log into forum again

not sure if that's how it's supposed to work. I would think though that a

login to chat box should be required at each visit to the forum else members might

think someone is using it when they're not...........musket.
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench September 26th 2008, 5:54 pm

OK - Font in the Online section is fixed - but golly gosh it is rather big - but I can live with that Very Happy

The last matter according to my Forum that needs to be addressed is the 5 minute logout delay - it is just not good - please put it back to 5 minutes for Away and 15 minutes for disconnect I love you

I will literally get on my hands and knees and beg you - please pretty please Laughing
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Huma September 26th 2008, 6:34 pm

I thinks the Chat bugs is not fixed, for it's continus problem with my forum's chat:

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Otl16f
Huma
Huma

Male Posts : 13
Language : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench September 26th 2008, 6:40 pm

OK - what seemed to be fine is now broken again - gosh the inconsistency of this solution - works then breaks - works then breaks.

This is the latest error that I am getting on my Chat Room? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Error10

Oh and the same thing is happening to me - just like Huma - Damn - this is taking forever to fix and I really do not understand - but I am trying to and do appreciate all the efforts so far.
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench September 26th 2008, 7:19 pm

OK - I now officially give up - all problems previously experience are back again, which is the following:-

You are disconnected - but you are not - and the Auto refresh check box becomes unchecked - have to recheck it.

Getting Errors after a certain time period whereby the Auto-scroll and refresh does not work.

Getting disconnected for no reason whatsover Sad

No man - I do not understand this - it means that nothing is being fixed at all - it seems like patches that are then breaking again?
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 September 26th 2008, 7:38 pm

Wench wrote:OK - I now officially give up - all problems previously experience are back again, which is the following:-

You are disconnected - but you are not - and the Auto refresh check box becomes unchecked - have to recheck it.

Getting Errors after a certain time period whereby the Auto-scroll and refresh does not work.

No man - I do not understand this - it means that nothing is being fixed at all - it seems like patches that are then breaking again?
same here although the chat has stopped logging people in on its own... could we please just have the old chat's back if this new one can't be fixed beu
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wench September 26th 2008, 8:45 pm

endless013 wrote:
Wench wrote:OK - I now officially give up - all problems previously experience are back again, which is the following:-

same here although the chat has stopped logging people in on its own... could we please just have the old chat's back if this new one can't be fixed beu

Yes - well done to the technical team for resolving that issue - but the previous chat box was far more stable than this one - it truly is frustrating and I am tired of explaining myself to people who do not understand IT as to what could possibly be the cause and when it is going to be fixed etc - cause I do not know the answer myself - My question is "Why break what worked?" Sad
Wench
Wench
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by musket September 26th 2008, 9:09 pm

my latest error back to char 28 it seems

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 2008-09-24_191043
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by TB September 26th 2008, 10:11 pm

Same here, still logging people out of the chat randomly. This has been more than a week now, and it is weekend again, so now we wait.
TB

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor September 26th 2008, 11:41 pm

Well, I just tested the chatbox. I was logged out after 5 minutes of inactivity, but didn't see any problems with autorefresh or autoscroll functions.

So far, no script errors either.
melodiccolor
Forumember

http://The HSP Dimension http://funhsps.niceboard.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guernsey Donkey September 27th 2008, 12:03 am

Have to agree early on script errors where showing but now the chat seems ok.... :blbl:
Guernsey Donkey
Guernsey Donkey
Forumember

Male Posts : 111
Language : English, Guernsey French, Celtic, Latin

http://www.vuedesisles.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 27th 2008, 12:08 am

Very bad members acting like yo-yo's being logged off all the time, refresh still not working right and the appearance is very bad.
Working badly I'd say.
Come back old chatboxes all is forgiven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy574 September 27th 2008, 1:31 am

Can you just make the god damn chatboxes back to normal? I'm fed up with all the problems, and the chatbox was fine before. The links and buttons are randomly placed in stupid places on the chatbox, the fonts are as screwed up as hell, I had a person who was logged onto the chatbox FOR 21 DAMN HOURS when he was logged off of the forums and the chatbox wouldn't auto-disconnect him.

It also brings me to this point:
https://help.forumotion.com/connection-problems-f42/only-topic-tonight-s-general-error-problem-t26847-420.htm#158084
Forumotion, you're screwing things up. You're making everybody mad, and your service is going straight down the toilet in most of our points of view.

Edit: lol 100th post on this unhelpful forum ftw
Jimmy574
Jimmy574
Forumember

Male Posts : 106
Language : British English

http://waddleworld.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfan September 27th 2008, 3:58 am

musket wrote:my latest error back to char 28 it seems

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 2008-09-24_191043

This went away for a couple of days on my forum but now its back again as well. Every time I refresh the page or click onto the forum page, up it pops again.
carlfan

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOwnInsanity September 27th 2008, 5:49 am

Jimmy574 wrote:The links and buttons are randomly placed in stupid places on the chatbox, the fonts are as screwed up as hell,
yip i still have that prob plus still no borders can get a pic if needed Smile
MyOwnInsanity
Forumember

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by jubrilaya September 27th 2008, 1:23 pm

my forum cuts off some of the bottem of the chat box.

http://www.christ4life.co.cc
jubrilaya

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieG September 27th 2008, 5:37 pm

the auto log is still not working on my forum, and the errors are the same as a week ago, nothing has changed? Can we have an update on when this will be fixed please guys? thanks
JulieG
Forumember

http://collienet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chowbaaron September 27th 2008, 5:45 pm

spook wrote:uesr list background colour as gone and the messages background colour as gone crazy too

[Only-Topic] chatbox bug after the update - Page 9 Chatbox

This has happened to me a little, too. Anyway to fix it?
chowbaaron
chowbaaron

Male Posts : 14

http://madtechies.forummotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 27th 2008, 5:56 pm

To quote Monty Python "this chatbox is dead, it is an ex-chatbox ,it's deceased and if you hadn't of nailed it to our forums it would be pushing up daisies as we speak"
Nuff said.
Its about time the techs admitted to themselves first that they haven't a clue and put the old one back.

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterTzu September 27th 2008, 10:29 pm

This whole thing purely sickens me. It's been what, 11 days now? And during all the time that this chatbox issue is being yo-yo'd around, all the OTHER issues that this "update" screwed up have been ignored. All the OTHER issues that were being addressed before the "update" have been ignored (as if the "update" was somehow supposed to have magically fixed them all). This is truly a horrible way to run a forum host, free or not.

*starts manually moving his forums post by bloody post over to Zetaboards and recommends everyone else consider something similar*
MasterTzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy574 September 27th 2008, 11:09 pm

MasterTzu wrote:*starts manually moving his forums post by bloody post over to Zetaboards and recommends everyone else consider something similar*
See, admins? What did I tell you? I said if you weren't going to make improvements, your forum hosting service is going to go down the toilet!
Jimmy574
Jimmy574
Forumember

Male Posts : 106
Language : British English

http://waddleworld.forumaction.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elwyse September 27th 2008, 11:33 pm

I don't want to be rude, but when's it going to be fixed? It's quite annoying. Thanks.
Elwyse
Elwyse
Forumember

Female Posts : 58
Language : English, Gibberish, a little bit of Hebrew, Sign Language, some French

http://theboywholived.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by musket September 28th 2008, 11:34 am

Second day with no errors, great

Other thoughts are that the view send area is too large in
proportion to the input text area, input text area could be larger scratch
looks weird on my 24 inch widescreen monitor, text could be
larger as well, and word censoring does'nt seem to apply here.
At least things seem to have improved...........Smile ........musket
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next