The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will be our next update ?

+36
chouzouris
zinex
Nelsaidi
SophieDophs
paor
Made
Darren1
Canceo
TheMark09
Sanket
Trevor
The_Great_WZ
Merlinz
hexer
dencey
Luka_09
seraphim
Chou
Nedy
spiritcharms
I pluck the cherry
CANADIEN
RTL
Adiex
ECarminan15
crystal786
Cherry Blossom
Jalokim
endless013
RikaComet
thisy
Redsun
Doctor Inferno
Brandon
snabhi
magic_cupid
40 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What will be our next update ? - Page 6 Empty What will be our next update ?

Post by magic_cupid October 28th 2008, 7:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Can you guess what will be news update for our forum, as you know Typlo already tell us but he didn mention what will be.

For me i think mayb about direct upload file to forum ! Wink
magic_cupid
magic_cupid
Forumember

Male Posts : 179
Language : english

Back to top Go down

What will be our next update ? - Page 6 Empty Re: What will be our next update ?

Post by Canceo November 6th 2008, 11:29 am

RikaComet wrote:ooh ya the updates around the corner and i can't wait lol, Typlo! write faster!!
announce it already dude!

Hi,

the announce is online...

Best,
Canceo
Canceo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

What will be our next update ? - Page 6 Empty Re: What will be our next update ?

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 11:38 am

cant wait for it to apply on forum.
Hopefully more updates will come Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 11:40 am

Evil or Very Mad half the stuff i cant use for crying out loud!!

i cant use

1) Automatic members activation (because you cant use the them template on phpbb3)
2) Summer/Winter time management : (because the same reason above)

things i dont want to use

3) A new forum software : INVISION ! (never going to use this)
4) Admin notepad in your admin panel : (cant see the point of this)
5) Deletion of forum cookies : (cant see the point in this)
6) Today's active topics + Today top 20 posters + Top 20 posters : (you say this is now available, but i cant find it anyway is it even available for phpbb3?)
7) Domain names renewal/deletion automatic management : (Never going to use this)

Last edited by spook on November 6th 2008, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 11:42 am

because not upload yet on forum spooky, we need to wait few minutes before its takes effect Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chouzouris November 6th 2008, 11:42 am

I think this is a disappointment.... Sad
chouzouris
chouzouris
Forumember

Female Posts : 161
Language : ENGLISH

http://www.gatospito.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 11:44 am

Adiex wrote:because not upload yet on forum spooky, we need to wait few minutes before its takes effect Smile

maybe it not be upload yet but i would be able to use the Automatic members activation because you have to add a code in the template wich you cant do on phpbb3

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet November 6th 2008, 11:47 am

I think you got it wrong spook typlo said we needto insert that code for optimal performance,
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 11:47 am

indeed. Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 11:55 am

RikaComet wrote:I think you got it wrong spook typlo said we needto insert that code for optimal performance,

you insert code to get the Captcha & do you think i'm going use this without a captcha?

rating for this update is 0/10 yet again!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 6th 2008, 11:57 am

spook wrote:
Adiex wrote:because not upload yet on forum spooky, we need to wait few minutes before its takes effect Smile

maybe it not be upload yet but i would be able to use the Automatic members activation because you have to add a code in the template wich you cant do on phpbb3

Spook, it's only for those who have modified their templates under PhpBB2. You don't have to do anything if you have the PhpBB3 version, you will have all the options available on your admin panel very soon and ready to use.

best,
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 11:59 am

so are we getting a captcha with it?

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs November 6th 2008, 12:00 pm

Can you please explain what happens during the implementation of these updates? E.g. will the forums shut down momentarily, or log everyone out or something other?
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 6th 2008, 12:01 pm

I think the domain name thing is good very helpful.

I knew about Invision lol and i said i never wanted it lol

I think its a whole lot better than the last update but not great just hope these work
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 6th 2008, 12:01 pm

spook wrote:so are we getting a captcha with it?

yes spook.
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 12:03 pm

SophieDophs wrote:Can you please explain what happens during the implementation of these updates? E.g. will the forums shut down momentarily, or log everyone out or something other?
i dont think there's any shut down for uploading this new features. it is Canceo? Confused
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 12:04 pm

My god this is not any good I mean WTF.

The only thing I can see use for is the auto sign up.

Another forum version? The ones you have now you cant handle the bugs one=.

Why isn't there template editing for version 3?

Where do you activate the top today posters

Last edited by Kilsek on November 6th 2008, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 6th 2008, 12:05 pm

Adiex wrote:
SophieDophs wrote:Can you please explain what happens during the implementation of these updates? E.g. will the forums shut down momentarily, or log everyone out or something other?
i dont think there's any shut down for uploading this new features. it is Canceo? Confused

You're right Adiex, no shut down...
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 12:09 pm

Jesus mind sharing with us how to activate

And the log in box>>I clicked the drop down box for it to be on top of forum but it isnt there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 6th 2008, 12:13 pm

Kilsek wrote:Jesus mind sharing with us how to activate

And the log in box>>I clicked the drop down box for it to be on top of forum but it isnt there.

Kilsek, maybe you can't see the connection bar because you're already connected... Cool
everything is working fine here.

let me know if there's any other problem.

Last edited by Canceo on November 6th 2008, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 12:13 pm

i thiink those 20 top poster is automatically upload on forum, its working fine with me. but i still not see any option to upload login box,

so i think its only matter of time.. some member will got its fast or otherwise Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs November 6th 2008, 12:14 pm

I've just noticed a search box - top right of screen - has that always been there?
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 12:18 pm

yes, if you use phpbb3 version.
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 12:21 pm

No the top 20 poster thing, where do you activate it?

And no the log in box is not showing. Is it a widget? WTF does it look like

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 12:24 pm

i don't really know. i just activate deleting cookies on general tabs and suddenly that top poster show it Razz
Configuration=>General fields=>Cookies deletion link :
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 12:27 pm

i dont like the look of the log on bar, Sad i was hopping for some thing better

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 November 6th 2008, 12:27 pm

the new log in is rather pointless, we already have that, its a widget called "log in" scratch This time around I'm not finding much of anything useful or even the point...

1- Automatic members activation... spammers dream

2- Summer/Winter time management... only of any use 2 times in a year, maybe

3- A new forum software : INVISION ! only of any use to people just starting their forum, I find it pointless

4- Admin notepad in your admin panel... pointless

5- Deletion of forum cookies... most people already know how to delete their cookies so this is mostly pointless. only time I can see this having any use is if someone just got their first computer and doesn't know how to delete cookies

6- Today's active topics + Today top 20 posters + Top 20 posters- this sounds like a way to get the members to want to out post eachother to be on the list so, pointless... I can see the use of "top 20 posters" but only in widget form so if it were possible to change the number in the top 10 widget it would be useful. Lets not for get that little thing called "statistics" that you could have on the bottom of your forum that already shows this any way

7- Domain names renewal/deletion automatic management... Maybe someone could use this but why delete your domain if your putting money into it? ok, names rewal has maybe a point for some though.
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450
Language : english

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 6th 2008, 12:29 pm

Hi again everyone,

Please be patient, the update is not installed on all the forums.
All the servers didn't receive the data yet.

best,
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 12:30 pm

Found the way to activate the cookies

but dont see a button to delete cookies
there is no top 20 posters
there is no log in box

http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2008, 12:31 pm

endless is my new hero!

endless013 wrote:the new log in is rather pointless, we already have that, its a widget called "log in" scratch This time around I'm not finding much of anything useful or even the point...

1- Automatic members activation... spammers dream

2- Summer/Winter time management... only of any use 2 times in a year, maybe

3- A new forum software : INVISION ! only of any use to people just starting their forum, I find it pointless

4- Admin notepad in your admin panel... pointless

5- Deletion of forum cookies... most people already know how to delete their cookies so this is mostly pointless. only time I can see this having any use is if someone just got their first computer and doesn't know how to delete cookies

6- Today's active topics + Today top 20 posters + Top 20 posters- this sounds like a way to get the members to want to out post eachother to be on the list so, pointless... I can see the use of "top 20 posters" but only in widget form so if it were possible to change the number in the top 10 widget it would be useful. Lets not for get that little thing called "statistics" that you could have on the bottom of your forum that already shows this any way

7- Domain names renewal/deletion automatic management... Maybe someone could use this but why delete your domain if your putting money into it? ok, names rewal has maybe a point for some though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex November 6th 2008, 12:35 pm

Kilsek wrote:Found the way to activate the cookies

but dont see a button to delete cookies
there is no top 20 posters
there is no log in box

http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com/index.htm

i think that because your template editing, i could happen if some of your edited template overlap with this new updates block.

I didn't really know what happen but its best you asking Canceo or typlo to help you there Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next