The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will be our next update ?

+36
chouzouris
zinex
Nelsaidi
SophieDophs
paor
Made
Darren1
Canceo
TheMark09
Sanket
Trevor
The_Great_WZ
Merlinz
hexer
dencey
Luka_09
seraphim
Chou
Nedy
spiritcharms
I pluck the cherry
CANADIEN
RTL
Adiex
ECarminan15
crystal786
Cherry Blossom
Jalokim
endless013
RikaComet
thisy
Redsun
Doctor Inferno
Brandon
snabhi
magic_cupid
40 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What will be our next update ? - Page 4 Empty What will be our next update ?

Post by magic_cupid October 28th 2008, 7:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Can you guess what will be news update for our forum, as you know Typlo already tell us but he didn mention what will be.

For me i think mayb about direct upload file to forum ! Wink
magic_cupid
magic_cupid
Forumember

Male Posts : 179
Language : english

Back to top Go down

What will be our next update ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What will be our next update ?

Post by Sanket November 5th 2008, 1:03 am

When it says these are just minor functionalities, there are major functionalities as well which they don't want to disclose at this point of time.
Maybe we get 5-6 things in updates normally, but lets see what they do.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

What will be our next update ? - Page 4 Empty Re: What will be our next update ?

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 1:05 am

am i misreading where in that post does says a major update?

all we know is this could be just a small update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 5th 2008, 1:08 am

some minor functionalities that will be implemented with this update.
Its being said indirectly.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 1:09 am

that dont say anything about a major update at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 5th 2008, 1:12 am

Anyways, i don't think i can explain you anymore.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 1:15 am

explain what? it dont say anything about a major update at all, all we know that is it.......

Beta tests finished, Tremendous update imminent! <<==== that just say it all

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms November 5th 2008, 3:05 am

We finally finished our private beta that we began last week. You can now consider the update, Imminent!
Forumotion and its team are proud to reveal some minor functionalities that will be implemented with this update.

1- Notepad in the administration panel.
2- Automatic Daylight Saving Time (DST) management.
3- Automatic members activation.
4- Deletion of the forum's cookies.
5- Connection bar on the index.

For further explanations and functionalities, see you very soon on your forum! rock

Forumotion's staff.

As per usual i dont understand the logic of the above post. Why give it such a big headline to just tell us the minor updates. most people would let you know the big sellers, not the small fry stuff. (unless those are the main updates) it no wonder people are getting confused.

No-- no -----

Surely not Cool
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Female Posts : 289

http://spiritcharms.nice-topics.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon November 5th 2008, 9:05 am

Kilsek wrote:Jesus Christ Canceo said that these are minor parts of the next update. There are more items to be included in the next update.

Read the damn post you tards!

Hold on, did I just stick up for Forumotion?

Quick get me a shrink!
Yes but how long are we going to have to wait for the updates that people actually want? 6 months for another useless update to come out and then another 6 months for yet another useless update.
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 5th 2008, 9:41 am

Hello everyone,

I was a bit disappointed when I read some of your posts...
I thought that the message was clear... The list i gave you, is just 5 small functionalities that will be implemented with the update.

Of course, there will be more to come with this update and more means big functionalities!

I can't give you the full list at this moment, but be patient.

Best regards,
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno November 5th 2008, 9:53 am

I think this will be cool:

Automatic members activation.

Still waiting for the disable post count feature...
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 5th 2008, 10:31 am

I'm sticking up for forumotion!!! Very Happy
Canceo wrote:Hello everyone,

I was a bit disappointed when I read some of your posts...
I thought that the message was clear... The list i gave you, is just 5 small functionalities that will be implemented with the update.

Of course, there will be more to come with this update and more means big functionalities!

I can't give you the full list at this moment, but be patient.

Best regards,

Guys if you read carefully enough, inbetween the lines canceo is tateing there are more than them 5 updates, guys he also said 5 monor updates, sure theese are minor but, their just the start of what i beleive is a good batch of updates, minor stuff before major, sure there may be some down time but thats expected!
guys DONT BE RIDICULE otherwise just go away, if theis riducles behaviour and opinions that we dont need, forumotion provides us all with freebies, not something that costs us users $$$$$$$ theese updates take time, be patient and thankful this $$$$ isnt comming from ur pocket!!

Doctor inferno, If you would like what u want to happen i surgest that you make a post in the "suggestions for improvement" catagory, otherwise it aint gonna happen!

Canceo, i would like to talk to you about something but dont know how, could you please inform me, preferably by email or PM
thanks

Last edited by darren1 on November 5th 2008, 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update my post)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 5th 2008, 12:05 pm

I see your point Canceo but what are these updates gonna do for our forum? nothing. Thats why we are angry we keep getting staff promising amazing things and then you tell us its that

I understand there is "more to come" but when and are they gonna be what the members want or just the staff as usual

You guys need to start thinking of it from our point of view, We came to forumotion because it promised great features and ad free we have lost the ad free so give us the features.
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 12:07 pm

darren1 wrote:guys DONT BE RIDICULE otherwise just go away, if theis riducles behaviour and opinions that we dont need, forumotion provides us all with freebies, not something that costs us users $$$$$$$ theese updates take time, be patient and thankful this $$$$ isnt comming from ur pocket!!

First thing how long have you been using forumotion?

some people spend money on their forum like me and we expect better update i cant see this update being any different to pass updates we had. i think alot people would leave if they could get to our database.

Back to top Go down

Post by Made November 5th 2008, 12:42 pm

Any updates and upgrades are always welcome in my book. But one thing I would like to ask from the Admins is to let us know exactly WHEN this is going to be done so we can be prepared and warn our members changes will be made.

Thanks.
Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 12:57 pm

Guys i want to confirm that there is a list of updates to be confirmed and uploaded, The ones announced by Canceo are just the "Minor" ones. Once these have uploaded and there aren't any issues the process for the next updates will begin Razz

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 1:02 pm

They are just giving us a taste on what is coming in the next update.

In addition to the items Canceo pointed out we are getting a new Chat box.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 5th 2008, 1:45 pm

What will be our next update ? - Page 4 Mouais Rolling Eyes shaking
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 2:08 pm

I realize that like myself we have been waiting a long time for a real update, I know this one will be pretty good.

Alas, the powers that be have thier own adgenda for the updates and until we know the rest we should hold comment about another lame update.

*shaking head-looks like I am sticking up for them*

Of the ones that were released only one is of real use to us (except for number 5)

Canceo, could you elaberate what that is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 5th 2008, 2:13 pm

Hello everyone,

Here is a little leak for you.
Update is ready to launch as I speak to you.
We get the servers prepared and will do the annoucement minutes before the update...

You're welcome.
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 2:15 pm

We get the servers prepared and will do the annoucement minutes before the update...

You're welcome.

You are the man!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chou November 5th 2008, 2:46 pm

You're welcome.

Thank You!
Chou
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsun November 5th 2008, 3:33 pm

great great news! thanks for your eforts friends...

especially #5, will we have this login box like standard phpbb-2/3 style under the index of forum? if yes, it's great....

and another question about #4, it will be link under the forum? like "delete all cookies" like many phpbb boards have?

Thank you.
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Language : English, Italian

Back to top Go down

Post by Canceo November 5th 2008, 4:08 pm

Hello again,

It appears we gonna make the update tomorow. I was a little bit to excited, so i made the error of leaking the wrong info.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

My Bad, my fault.

Best regards,
Canceo
Canceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom November 5th 2008, 4:10 pm

LMAO
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Chou November 5th 2008, 4:32 pm

Cya tomorrow
Chou
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 5:06 pm

Canceo wrote:Hello again,

It appears we gonna make the update tomorow. I was a little bit to excited, so i made the error of leaking the wrong info.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

My Bad, my fault.

Best regards,

Your Fired!

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by paor November 5th 2008, 6:06 pm

forumotion need update, but I fears...

i wan't phbb3 template editing, i wan't chatbox control, i wan't......
paor
Forumember

Language : Croatian

http://poljoprivredni-forum.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs November 5th 2008, 6:49 pm

3- Automatic members activation
Okay, I'm gonna get flamed for this, but didn't we have this already?

Sorry guys.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2008, 6:56 pm

It wasn't automatic before as such, the user either had to be activated by an Administrator or they had to make sure and select the link provided on an email that was sent to a provided email address.

Hopefully they can now activate straight away and log straight into the forum without hesitation Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs November 5th 2008, 7:02 pm

Thanks Craig.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next