The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any message contravening the French laws are prohibited

3 posters

Go down

any message contravening the French laws are prohibited Empty any message contravening the French laws are prohibited

Post by [Bud]-[Nobody]' November 24th 2008, 1:30 am

On the registration screen of my forum there is an agreement which has wording in it like "any message contravening the French laws are prohibited."

How do I know what "French laws" prohibit? I'm an American. What exactly is a "message contravening the French law?" Can anyone provide an example of a message that "contravenes" the "French Law"

If a post is made on my forum that "contravenes" the "French Law" what does that mean? what happens then? What are the liabilities for me or my forum members if they post a message that "contravenes" the "French Law?"

Do I need to consult an international lawyer before using this forum?

Are Forumotion servers located in France? or where?

What exactly is the speech that "French Law" prohibits on Forumotion Forums?

What am I not allowed to talk about on Forumotion Forums BESIDES what is listed in the vague "terms of service" agreement?
[Bud]-[Nobody]'

Language : english

Back to top Go down

any message contravening the French laws are prohibited Empty Re: any message contravening the French laws are prohibited

Post by milarepa October 30th 2009, 12:44 pm

i also would like an answer, as members have asked me this.
milarepa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

any message contravening the French laws are prohibited Empty Re: any message contravening the French laws are prohibited

Post by kirk October 30th 2009, 1:34 pm

Well i know that forumotion is in France/from France.

The only thing i can assume is that they go under french law.
but since forumotion is international as well i am sure they have to obey to international laws as well for copyright or illegal materials.

but i have no clue. i dont even understand half of the ridiculous laws in the US let alone France. but my guess is there Laws are probably better with more freedom them some of these pathetic laws in the US.. dunno?

land of the free my *** lol Razz

Last edited by kirk on October 30th 2009, 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by milarepa October 30th 2009, 1:36 pm

Hehe, thanks!
milarepa
Forumember

Back to top Go down