The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stolen Work

+8
kjmj14
Egaro
Trevor
kirk
Rezev Rose
Mook
MrMario
Chao19
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stolen Work Empty Stolen Work

Post by Chao19 December 7th 2008, 9:02 pm

Hello, it has come to my attention that the forum Club Penguin Town has stolen work from the #1 forum on forumotion, Club Penguin Planet.

In June, Club Penguin Planet released its Yellow and Blue theme with the buttons that were stolen.Just awhile later, Club Penguin Town steals the buttons and they now claim it as their own work - refusing to remove the work.

Proof: http://www.clubpenguintown.com/forum-help-suggestions-f3/proof-you-stole-top-buttons-from-cpp-t444.htm

The maker of that thread is an admin from CPP. ^^^

Club Penguin Planet: http://www.clubpenguinplanet.net/forum.htm
Club Penguin Town: http://www.clubpenguintown.com/forum.htm

It also appears that the forum CPTown has stolen an exact copy of CPP's rules that they had since the forum started.I would like action taken against the forum Club Penguin Town.
Chao19

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Stolen Work Empty Re: Stolen Work

Post by Chao19 December 7th 2008, 9:07 pm

I have also reported this forum to forumotion using the ligitation thing.

(Sorry for the double post)
Chao19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 7th 2008, 9:07 pm

Steal rules? You may not be able to do anything about that.

As far as images you can but it dont appear that they have the same as you have now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chao19 December 7th 2008, 9:12 pm

That's true, but read my post again carefully.

As said, we had those buttons back in June for the Summer theme.That work was copyrighted as CPTown stole it.
Chao19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 7th 2008, 9:14 pm

indeed. But why didnt you do something then? Now that they have different buttons then nothing will be done unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chao19 December 7th 2008, 9:18 pm

No, CPP is the victim.

Club Penguin Planet may use the buttons again in the future(I'm not an admin on there by the way), but the forum will switch themes now and then.

But even ask the admins on the forum.They made the work until CPTown stole it.

We've been trying to get them to remove it since we found out they stole it, but they continue to resist such an action and they claim the work as their own.
Chao19

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 7th 2008, 9:20 pm

Go here https://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/ and the action will be followed.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Chao19 December 7th 2008, 9:21 pm

I already used that form and I'm awaiting a response.
Chao19

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 7th 2008, 9:22 pm

The staff that deals with that are most likily going to take action on Monday.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Chao19 December 7th 2008, 9:40 pm

Alright, then we'll be waiting.
Chao19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mook December 8th 2008, 2:23 am

This same site stole from mine to.
Mook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 8th 2008, 2:30 am

The only way you can take action against them is to prove when the buttons were made and when.
Even then it is extremely difficult to prove.

Last edited by couldbe86 on December 8th 2008, 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezev Rose December 8th 2008, 2:35 am

So, if I saw sumething from the other site that I really like. I also really know that the thing they have on their site is not really make by them but by someoone else. if I take that and put on my forum. does that consider stealing or it's legal to do so? blackeye
Rezev Rose
Rezev Rose
Forumember

Female Posts : 58
Language : Locked until someone request

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 8th 2008, 2:37 am

Rezev Rose wrote:So, if I saw sumething from the other site and I really know that the thing they have on their site is not really make by them but by someoone else. if I take that and put on my forum. does that consider stealing or it's legal to do so? blackeye
There is a very easy and cheap way of copyrighting your work simply post a disc containing a copy of it to yourself and ask the post office to stamp along the seal.
That way you have the proof of when your version was created.

Last edited by couldbe86 on December 8th 2008, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar due to too many brandies)

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 8th 2008, 2:58 am

unfortunately unless you have images,buttons or what ever copyritten.
there is nothing you can do about it. i mean i'm on your side but something as simple as making buttons.. lol come on. i can see if you made a logo and the took your logo and was marking things from it and making money.
but buttons?but hey yous made them and dont want no one to use them. i can understand that. but you have to acknowledge putting anything on the computer is up for grabs whether it being copyrighted or not. but now something that you can prove to be yourself and copyrighted. then you can sue.

and whats to say you never had anyone else ever take them. buttons are buttons and if someone See's something the like then it's only a right click away. you can copy anything.. but there is a way you can disable right clicks on your forum. that will prevent anyone from ever taking anything.. but non of you members will be able to use the right click feature on there mouse for anything..

they must have bin some hell of some buttons.. sounds like there trying to copy your forum anyway.. dunno..contact the chamber of commerce Washington dc. get international copy rights on everything you can. if they try it again sue sue sue.

and i dont blame you being upset at all.

couldbe86 wrote:The only way you can take action against them is to prove when the buttons were made and when.
Even then it is extremely difficult to prove.

or if he beats them to the punch he can get it copyritten now.
all you have to do is have the money and paperwork in order and send it in.that's good enough. by the time you go to court to sue or what ever it would have went through and you will own them.plus even better do it right online. i think i had a link for this? i'll check.

it dont cost much depending. and if you do do it. get as many images logos buttons tabs you can at once.. you can have them under all the same name to save you money.

yea here it is legalzoom.
there are others i would shop around. but the best way to save is to do it directly through Washington. or through the main government offices of what ever county your in. they all offer international copyright options. but definitely shop around. there's no reason to pay more when you dont have too.

oh here's the link.
STICK IT TO EM MAN..
SHOW THEM TURKEYS YOU WONT STAND FOR SOMEONE TAKEING YOUR STUFF Smile

http://www.legalzoom.com/sem/get-a-copyright.html?WT.srch=1&se=google&q=copyrights+online&refcd=GO301600s_copyrights_online&tsacr=GO3284158777&gclid=CNaAmrb4r5cCFQJHxwod4RTbjQ

couldbe86 wrote:
Rezev Rose wrote:So, if I saw sumething from the other site and I really know that the thing they have on their site is not really make by them but by someoone else. if I take that and put on my forum. does that consider stealing or it's legal to do so? blackeye
There is a very easy and cheap way of copyrighting your work simply post a disc containing a copy of it to yourself and ask the post office to stamp along the seal.
That way you have the proof of when your version was created.

Yes and then mail it again in a small box. have the post date on it. and never open it unless you go to court. but that's old school most courts will not accept this anymore. that's a good one though. i used to do that before i had my music copyrighting.
but man that's was back in the day alright..

Last edited by kirk on December 8th 2008, 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor December 8th 2008, 3:13 am

I do rember that skin, that was stolen!
Trevor
Trevor
Forumember

Male Posts : 541
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezev Rose December 8th 2008, 3:20 am

Trevor wrote:I do rember that skin, that was stolen!

so what happen if club penigue town is the small branches of club penigue planet? does that still consider stolen?
Rezev Rose
Rezev Rose
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor December 8th 2008, 3:39 am

Well, CPP (Club Penguin Planet) got thier new Christmas skin, the save all of thier old skins. Well, Club Penguin Town uploaded all of the images that are copyrighted (c) to thier forum, so therefore they stole thier images. I hope I explained it enough.
Trevor
Trevor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mook December 8th 2008, 3:42 am

He explained it. Club Penguin Planet does save all of there Skins and so do I. Club Penguin Town stole 3 of my images claming that they were theirs. I have the files and everything.
Mook

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezev Rose December 8th 2008, 3:43 am

well, to me all penigue are the same, so not a big deal here
Rezev Rose
Rezev Rose
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor December 8th 2008, 3:44 am

If you take copyrighted images, you pay a big fine.
Trevor
Trevor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezev Rose December 8th 2008, 3:53 am

how big?
Rezev Rose
Rezev Rose
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mook December 8th 2008, 5:11 am

This is very big. We spent our own time making these themes and for me making these Post Ranks and they stole them just because thier to lazy to make them on there own. A little bit unfair huh?
Mook

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezev Rose December 8th 2008, 5:22 am

but it's always good to share isn't it
Rezev Rose
Rezev Rose
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 8th 2008, 5:26 am

Rev Rose wrote:well, to me all penigue are the same, so not a big deal here

hahaha that's funny man.

you can make all the skins you want.if you do not have the copyrights then anyone can take it. there's nothing you can do unless you have it copyritten

also when you do or ever get it done? you then have to put your mark on. trade mark copyright mark.. also on your skin some ware you better have all rights reserved and all that fun stuff. and dont go fabricating it.. because then it's fraud.. and that's no joke either.

so if your going to make skins,tabs,buttons,logos etc.... and you dont want other people to ever use.. without your permission.. then have everything copyritten..

that's like saying you put a song you were working on myspace or something. you never got it copyright.. they steel it. get it copyrighted it made a million and you cant do nothing..

so dont get me wrong here i back you guy's all the way.. forget that. you put a lot of work into something only for someone else to come along and take it. well that would tick me off to. but at the same time i would expect it too.especially if it is not copyrighted..

also have you ever thought about the name of the forum.
in order to own the name you have to have the rights/patent on that as well.
but you have to ask your self. is this a place that is going to generate large amounts of revenue.. or will it just have it's run like a lot places and be gone in a few years..
then there's the fact of keeping up with the ever growing members .. and people trying to have it shut down.. because there jealuous or upset about something..

I had a free forum with another free host a few years back and we had a lil
24 thousand members.. and only 6 of us running the whole thing it was crazy but we did it.but my point being. there are many things that can aggravate you in running bigger places.. but you have to ask your self what is it's purpose? is there money to be made and is it even worth paying for copyrights.. for a free forum.
People go out of there way and put a tremendous amount of time in there places.
but forums come and go.. it's part of the game. so it depends whether it's worth it to you all or not. and if yous decide to have paid forum down the road. then you should definitely think of haveing everything copyritten before it's even open.
Remember you can still get everything yous made and created copyrighted.
but since it's not yet. then you better before someone else takes the credit and dose them before you.

Rezev Rose wrote:so it's ok the mood icon from other site and put it on mine YAY bounce

thanks

hey Rezev Rose I've bin reading,talking and seeing penguins in this thread for so long now. i'm starting to see a penguin in your avatar.. lol i guess it's better then seeing pink elephants.. funny that s only on Saturdays geek

Last edited by kirk on December 8th 2008, 6:07 am; edited 6 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezev Rose December 8th 2008, 5:32 am

so it's ok the mood icon from other site and put it on mine YAY bounce

thanks
Rezev Rose
Rezev Rose
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Egaro December 8th 2008, 12:51 pm

Hi! I'm Egaro, a moderator on Club Penguin Planet.

We do have a free copyright license from CreativeCommons which states that none of our work can be taken/reproduced (seen in the Announcements section of our forum). We have some themes saved in the Administration Panel and others saved on a testing forum, which I refuse to link to unless it's to one of the Forumotion staff members--I wasn't even supposed to mention the forum. But the post dates should make it clear that these graphics were made before Club Penguin Town put them up.

@Rezev Rose: Maybe to you all "penigue" are the same, but to us, it's very different, in staffing, users, topics, etcetera. That's like saying all forums on music or movies or something like that are the same, when in fact they are very different in...how would you put it..."ethnicity", and I use that word very lightly.

also have you ever thought about the name of the forum.
in order to own the name you have to have the rights/patent on that as well.
but you have to ask your self. is this a place that is going to generate large amounts of revenue.. or will it just have it's run like a lot places and be gone in a few years..
then there's the fact of keeping up with the ever growing members .. and people trying to have it shut down.. because there jealuous or upset about something..

I don't think anyone would mind the name being stolen--I mean, it would be clear that our forum was made before their site if you look at the date the forum was made in the Statistics. *shrugs* We wouldn't have much trouble with that, I think. And in any case, because we named it "Club Penguin" Planet, we can't put a copyright on the name because it would be attempting to take the Club Penguin site's name as our own. We would have to change the name to Penguin Planet or something, then copyright it.

I can't know how long the forum will run, but we try to keep it up and working well. We'll just have to see about that.

Also, we have been threatened in the past with things like that, but we've pulled through every time. We're currently preparing for another attempt to be hacked, but Forumotion wasn't really able to help us last time, so we're just going to do our best to take care of it ourselves.
~Egaro
Egaro
Egaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 8th 2008, 1:17 pm

I honestly do not think you have a case against the other forum.
How the hell you think you can copyright a penguin is beyond me.
As for you being the number one forum on forumotion that title is held by this forum as far as I'm aware.
Online copyright holders aren't worth using, I gave you the correct way of doing it in an earlier post.
Is the fact that this other sites membership is approaching your own figure anything to do with this situation?
I remember another schoolyard brawl between club penguin sites a while ago, what is it with you guys is it my penguin is better than yours?

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 December 8th 2008, 1:26 pm

Tips For Your Forum:

You should disable right click on to your forum.
So it wouldn't be copy from other forums.

Hope this helps you.
Hello
kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795

http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iza326 December 8th 2008, 2:10 pm

kjmj14 wrote:Tips For Your Forum:

You should disable right click on to your forum.
So it wouldn't be copy from other forums.

Hope this helps you.
Hello

this dosent make sense, even you disable that right click, images can still be copied, coz if they want to copy something they can like this logo of yours ::::
Stolen Work Logoq10
iza326
iza326
Forumember

Female Posts : 87

http://en.hitskin.com/users/zurich-14156.htm

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next