The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restored Forum but problems occur to Forum when changing anything in Admin Panel

3 posters

Go down

Solved Restored Forum but problems occur to Forum when changing anything in Admin Panel

Post by The Goblin December 9th 2008, 5:13 pm

Ok, I hope that I explain this so that its understandable Smile Im going to try...

Problem: Switched to Invision yesterday (really want to use it). Modifying colors in invision and the forum went haywire. Merged two forum themes together. Tried switching to another Theme (Style) but nothing would work. Same thing kept happening.

Switched back to Version 2 from Invision and still was not the same (mixed styles/themes)

Did a Forum Restore (this morning): Everything looked fine. Was adding Navbar pictures and Forum freaked out again. Merged different styles again.

Another Forum Restore: but had to go back even farther, because it messed up the restore I had used previously. (wierd)

Conclusion: Im afraid to touch anything in case something happens again.

So I need some major help. Dont know what to do.

Last edited by The Goblin on December 10th 2008, 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Goblin
The Goblin
Forumember

Female Posts : 25
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Restored Forum but problems occur to Forum when changing anything in Admin Panel

Post by zinex December 9th 2008, 5:44 pm

Have you tried going right back to the default theme for the version you want, then working from there to get the theme looking how you would like? it sounds like there is conflicts occyuring between your mix theming so this may be the best way.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Restored Forum but problems occur to Forum when changing anything in Admin Panel

Post by The Goblin December 9th 2008, 5:59 pm

Didnt think of that. I will have to try that, thank you.
The Goblin
The Goblin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by The Goblin December 10th 2008, 7:33 pm

It worked Very Happy Thank you Zinex!
The Goblin
The Goblin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky December 10th 2008, 8:26 pm

Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down