The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

+87
Jophy
Soldatay
Unfrozen Jon
faith and devotion
JessicaInfinite
vegasjj
WPC
OLOV
Tilum
Yoshimo
BarakiEl
wannabemountainman
WHITESABBATH
vanbetta
Tellen
Metina
siriuslypadfoot
lesliewest_guitargod
Goku93
dmcarty
shotta
cloudscape_admin
Carpersretreat
alicia
PIL
Nooclear
Dismal Shadow
nodepositbonus123
Darren1
*StellA*
Andrea_mne
LH Justin
Hotrod hoss
MrMega
dotDavid
xtokiwartoothx
Aggie
Beno
GeneralOJB
Nessa
ieatfireworks
SeaMunky
fixme
dapndfk4dents
molliecosh
Jemor
Jonalyn
Skittles
adrenalin
Brandon
astral
soccerangel321
commando
Broojo02
schternli
Sucko
JulieG
nephewsrock
S.H_ECO_FORUM
jojoshshuaua
thesilentmassacre
Emma8432
chebby
Eradicate
Shadow-Slasher
summermac
xstyl
gman
hilde
lynx29
ostrvo
Brad38
paor
MEX
Jalokim
Tarogasini
Dreamlimix
CX9.
ipoppy
Denny
akashic
TheBully
Sanket
alexanderxayavongsa
ngocducqtk32
musket
Gangsta_killz
91 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Empty [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by Gangsta_killz January 12th 2009, 8:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi i have a forum, recently i changed skin.
Here's my problem

In this screen, on Mozila Firefox you can see titles are on the left.
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Mozzil10

And in this one, on Internet Explorer you can see titles centered (looks ugly [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Icon_redface )
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Intern10

So i want to make it so even in internet explorer it shows titles on left like for mozilla's one [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Icon_smile

here is th skin i use :

http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/trankwell-blue-112340.htm

thanks

Last edited by Gangsta_killz on January 14th 2009, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gangsta_killz
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by PIL September 16th 2009, 9:47 am

I can't explain it...But since most use firefox and chrome, I think it should be checked....
PIL

Language : Greek

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by alicia September 16th 2009, 9:59 am

I don't understand a lot of what is said here, all the technical stuff, and CSS etc. I really don't know what to do.

I went to my admin panel, and display and all the Hitskin skins are gone.

In 'styles' there are a few basic ones but when I tried to use one of those my skin didn't change.

I am not well enough to comprehend all of the technicalities of this and am going away on Friday.

Meanwhile I have a forum of housebound, disabled members who have had their lifeline cut by this.

Is this the end of our forum? Sad
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpersretreat September 16th 2009, 10:12 am

Hope you manage to get yours sorted, I just changed the theme and mine is ok now....doesnt look the same though Sad
Carpersretreat
Carpersretreat
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.carpersretreat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia September 16th 2009, 12:29 pm

Well I have managed to get the standard subsilver without the Photobucket stuff so at least my members can use it, thank you.

It looks very drab though.

I hope things are better when I get back in 10 days time.

All the hitskin themes are missing in my admin panel, every one of them. Sad
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 16th 2009, 2:07 pm

Hey all

Since photobucket is a really pristine provider I've decided to use it less.
Oh and sorry about that earlier screenshot, was the wrong one?!

anyway
because photobucket is seriously making idiotic problems I suggest hosting any images on your forum privately.

On your home screen you can right click and save any images you can on the index. Then after saving upload the image to servimg or to another server and replace the image in its appropriate section!

using the pictures menu ofcourse!

If you want to guarantee the images stay, you should also check your CSS files
Admin panel-> display-> colors -> css

just scroll through the text if you find any photobucket images, copy the link, paste it into a new tab or window and download the image
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Nooclear September 16th 2009, 2:34 pm

dotDavid wrote:Hi,

So can you explain why it looks perfect in Opera? This isn't really a "Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth" issue... more a coding issue.

Thanks.

By my opinion, the well-made skin should be displayed properly in any popular browser.

P.S. it doesn't look nice in Internet Explorer either.
Nooclear

Back to top Go down

Post by cloudscape_admin September 16th 2009, 2:35 pm

Jalokim hi,

Can I ask you, why is Photobucket doing this?? are you out of bandwidth? see the problem is this is very annoying because I have changed the skin once, and in doing that I had to change the banner as well. I run a forum for a metal band, and the skin I am using at the moment is a great skin. But I cant keep on changing it.

So this method you mention here, I could try that, but I mean when i rehost the images, I need to link them up again dont I? but where and how do I do that? so Once I have rehosted the images, then what next? sorry I didnt quite get it. Can I PM you for help if you are not too busy? would appreciate it as this is very important and I cant let my members down.
cloudscape_admin

Back to top Go down

Post by musket September 16th 2009, 3:42 pm

Jalokim's themes are so popular it's not surprising that bandwidth runs out
he would need a pro-pro account if that's possible Very Happy

I done as suggested and download the Photobucket images of the Jalokim theme I'm using to my PC and then uploaded them into my own account and then altered the CSS script to direct it to the new location all worked out fine

Thanks for the info Jalokim and keep producing those excellent themes :wouhou:

Last edited by musket on September 16th 2009, 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spellcheck)
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia September 16th 2009, 5:46 pm

I just don't get all this. It might as well be in a foreign language. I do not have the necessary understanding and cognitive function to do this stuff without being shown.

I have found a skin that suits my members with their visual problems and my forum is working. It is not an invision one, it is a phb thingy one.

It is dull and uninteresting which is a shame but I just cannot do all this stuff you are saying. Sad
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by shotta September 16th 2009, 6:38 pm

alicia wrote:I just don't get all this. It might as well be in a foreign language. I do not have the necessary understanding and cognitive function to do this stuff without being shown.

I have found a skin that suits my members with their visual problems and my forum is working. It is not an invision one, it is a phb thingy one.

It is dull and uninteresting which is a shame but I just cannot do all this stuff you are saying. Sad

Go in your HTML of your theme and look for all links with "photobucket" and copy one at a time then past that link in a new browser window and save the image ..then open new browser and type www.tinypic.com upload each image at a time and take the url of that image from tinypic and put it where u have the photobucket link in your html code of your theme..dunno any other way to explain this Confused Good Luck.Bless
shotta
Forumember

Male Posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia September 16th 2009, 8:55 pm

Thank you for trying to explain. I do appreciate it.
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea_mne September 16th 2009, 9:24 pm

Thanks Jalokim, I did exactly what you suggested, now the theme's back to normal and looks just as good as you made it Wink

For those who didn't understand what he just explained, you go to your Admin panel -> Display -> Colors and you' ll find your CSS sheet... Which will look like nothing but some text (it's a very important part of your forum, so do not erase anything there Smile )
But what you should do is, you find there all links which are connected to photobucket. One by one you copy them to your browser, open the image (event the smallest ones are important), save it to your pc and then upload it or to your own photobucket account (I'd suggest this one only if you have PRO account there, as I do.. if not you'll end up having the same problem as Jalo did) or to some other server that hosts images. And then when you have your own link for the specific image you replace it in your CSS text. If you do this slowly, and one image at a time, you'll do just fine and eventually will have the forum as Jalo originaly made it. Wink

Hope this helped..

Regards Smile
Andrea_mne

Female Posts : 19
Language : English, Serbian, French

Back to top Go down

Post by dmcarty September 17th 2009, 12:10 am

I am having the same issue and have tried a variety of skins and displays and it is showing up with all of them.
dmcarty

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia September 17th 2009, 9:35 am

Thank you, it is coming a bit clearer. My cognitive difficulties means it takes a long time to understand. thank you for being so patient.

I will copy these last 2 replies to my notepad and work on them when I get back from holiday.

However, since I changed my skin to a phpBB2 from an Invision one, won't this CSS code be for the new one I have uploaded rather than the original one that we liked?

PS, just been and looked at this CSS sheet and I think I was right, there are no PB links in it so it is for the one I have now.

thank you for your help though, I now understand better. Very Happy
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim September 17th 2009, 11:34 am

@cloudscape_admin
First time around, photobucket was transfering servers and lost my account.

second time around it was my fault ... the bandwidth was exceeded and I forgot to pay the bills as I would say.

This time around, out of the blue they add bandwidth images.
I ran to my email, no notifications of account problems, I checked the account details and the bandwidth was in the green (no not refering to the storage this time)
Thats why i do not recommend PB anymore, newer theme of mine will be hosted via servimg (that way we can blame forumotion Razz) or other providers.

Unless ofcourse forumotion adds storage for hosting to all forums, that way you can upload the images straight to your FTP and only if forumotion explodes and their servers burn can the images fail.
lol
thanks all
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by cloudscape_admin September 17th 2009, 3:01 pm

Hi Jalokim Well I managed to transfer the images to another host. Used Image Shack and it seems to be working fine. You make some great skins though so I simply had to keep the one I am using. Good thing there was a way around the problem. Anyway thanks for the help.
cloudscape_admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin September 17th 2009, 11:59 pm

Jalokim wrote:@cloudscape_admin
First time around, photobucket was transfering servers and lost my account.

second time around it was my fault ... the bandwidth was exceeded and I forgot to pay the bills as I would say.

This time around, out of the blue they add bandwidth images.
I ran to my email, no notifications of account problems, I checked the account details and the bandwidth was in the green (no not refering to the storage this time)
Thats why i do not recommend PB anymore, newer theme of mine will be hosted via servimg (that way we can blame forumotion Razz) or other providers.

Unless ofcourse forumotion adds storage for hosting to all forums, that way you can upload the images straight to your FTP and only if forumotion explodes and their servers burn can the images fail.
lol
thanks all
Jalokim, I don't think it's Photobucket, I think you just have bad luck. Razz
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by Dismal Shadow September 18th 2009, 2:59 pm

Hi Jalokim, I was wondering how to change the text coloring on you theme. The light blue seem a little hard to read, can you tell me the code to change the text colors on CCS?
Dismal Shadow
Forumember

http://dark-realm.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno September 27th 2009, 11:04 am

Jalokim's Photobucket is now fixed and if you have any more problems please post it in the appropriate support section.

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Icon_arrow Topic Locked
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 Icon_arrow Topic Un-stickied
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 25th 2009, 8:49 am

Topic Unlocked, since users have started having these problems again.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 25th 2009, 8:52 am

well it got problem with me

i just went to my ACP and searched the links of the images and when i opened it in the new tab they were opening and then i uploaded all of them to tiny pic and that fixed my problem

so you can do the same and try if it helps you
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 25th 2009, 8:54 am

Goku93 wrote:well it got problem with me

i just went to my ACP and searched the links of the images and when i opened it in the new tab they were opening and then i uploaded all of them to tiny pic and that fixed my problem

so you can do the same and try if it helps you
Thats the best way to do it!
But most of the users, won't do it because its a lot of work.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 25th 2009, 9:00 am

Well then change your theme

or if you want the same theme this is the only way

as my whole forum was looking untidy it just happened today and it got fixed in just 10 minutes
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lesliewest_guitargod October 25th 2009, 10:40 am

What the heck is the fix to this????

There are too many problems now. The emoticons disaster and now the templates disaster?????

I have 2 clients that are now flipping out.

http://greatfatsbies.forumotion.net

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com
lesliewest_guitargod
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpersretreat October 25th 2009, 12:41 pm

Ive found a temp solution for the photo bucket problem,

*right click on one of the photobucket logos and then click view background image,

this will open up the image in a new tab,

*right click again on the image and click block images from photobucket.

ok its not brilliant but the forum looks tidier now....

Last edited by Carpersretreat on October 25th 2009, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected)
Carpersretreat
Carpersretreat
Forumember

http://www.carpersretreat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslypadfoot October 25th 2009, 1:45 pm

I'm having this same problem, but am not using a skin by Jalokim....

Skin: Dark Massacre
By: KiiD-DraMaTik
http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/dark-massacre-140780.htm

Any suggestions?
siriuslypadfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina October 25th 2009, 1:47 pm

Floral effects with bandwith problems as of this morning. Please help! Thanks so much!

-Metina
facepaintforum.com
Metina
Metina
Forumember

Female Posts : 114

http://www.facepaintforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tellen October 25th 2009, 1:58 pm

I've been having problems with Photobucket. It's inserting Bandwidth Exceeded messages into all my banners and images, despite the fact that I'm not actually using Photobucket in my banners/images at all. At least, not according to the Admin Panel's pics management anyway. HELP!

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 7 FillSocError
Tellen

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 2:12 pm

Its not a problem with your forum Tellen:) Its the owner of the theme that has exceeded their bandwidth on photobucket.
After getting advice on here, i've saved my theme/skin to my lappy and changed the theme to a temp one.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lesliewest_guitargod October 25th 2009, 2:14 pm

WHY NO RESPONSE FROM FORUMOTION!!?!!?!?!?!!?

At least respond!

This is 2 times in a week. (Emoticons and now templates???) What the heck is the DEAL here???

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com

and

http://greatfatsbies.forumotion.net

I have two groups of people very ticked off at me right now.

Last edited by lesliewest_guitargod on October 25th 2009, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
lesliewest_guitargod
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next