The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

+87
Jophy
Soldatay
Unfrozen Jon
faith and devotion
JessicaInfinite
vegasjj
WPC
OLOV
Tilum
Yoshimo
BarakiEl
wannabemountainman
WHITESABBATH
vanbetta
Tellen
Metina
siriuslypadfoot
lesliewest_guitargod
Goku93
dmcarty
shotta
cloudscape_admin
Carpersretreat
alicia
PIL
Nooclear
Dismal Shadow
nodepositbonus123
Darren1
*StellA*
Andrea_mne
LH Justin
Hotrod hoss
MrMega
dotDavid
xtokiwartoothx
Aggie
Beno
GeneralOJB
Nessa
ieatfireworks
SeaMunky
fixme
dapndfk4dents
molliecosh
Jemor
Jonalyn
Skittles
adrenalin
Brandon
astral
soccerangel321
commando
Broojo02
schternli
Sucko
JulieG
nephewsrock
S.H_ECO_FORUM
jojoshshuaua
thesilentmassacre
Emma8432
chebby
Eradicate
Shadow-Slasher
summermac
xstyl
gman
hilde
lynx29
ostrvo
Brad38
paor
MEX
Jalokim
Tarogasini
Dreamlimix
CX9.
ipoppy
Denny
akashic
TheBully
Sanket
alexanderxayavongsa
ngocducqtk32
musket
Gangsta_killz
91 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Empty [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by Gangsta_killz Mon 12 Jan 2009 - 20:54

First topic message reminder :

Hi i have a forum, recently i changed skin.
Here's my problem

In this screen, on Mozila Firefox you can see titles are on the left.
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Mozzil10

And in this one, on Internet Explorer you can see titles centered (looks ugly [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Icon_redface )
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Intern10

So i want to make it so even in internet explorer it shows titles on left like for mozilla's one [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Icon_smile

here is th skin i use :

http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/trankwell-blue-112340.htm

thanks

Last edited by Gangsta_killz on Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 21:25; edited 1 time in total
Gangsta_killz
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by akashic Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 11:47

Ok, this is what i did and my forum is fine

go to admin etc - click on hitskin themes. On page 2 of the themes you have prosilver english > Click on the theme to preview > click on install skin - DO NOT PRESS SAVE SETTINGS

I know the theme is not everyones cup of tea, but its PB banner free, and its only temporary.

I think the problem with choosing a style is that it only lets you save and not install.

Good luck
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by hilde Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 13:20

akashic wrote:
hilde wrote:I really dont know how to fix this problem Embarassed

The only thing i have uploadet from photobucket is the banner for our forum.
Can somebody please give me some step-by-step help here how i can fix this ?

(Maybe somebody who speeks norwegian, swedish, danish or something , since my English is not to good) Embarassed

You cannot fix this only Jalokim can, there is a problem with his images/skins that he has uploaded to photobucket. Jalokim is working on it, in the meantime you can change the skin, and revert back to your other one when the problem is resolved.

I se in another answer in this post by you, that you say we should try prosilver English on page 2. I dont have a skin called prosilver English ? only proskin pink, red etc etc..
When i press one of theese and hit preview, the forum seems to be oki, without all this photobucket crap.
But the ting im not sure of is, it i press save to forexampel the prosilver red skin, how can i then go back to my original one on a later date ?
As i understand i have to press save, to get this skin to my forum on a temporary basis ?

Thanks for your pations by the way and all help in this thread Very Happy
hilde
hilde
Forumember

Language : Norway / Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieG Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 13:38

akashic wrote:Ok, this is what i did and my forum is fine

go to admin etc - click on hitskin themes. On page 2 of the themes you have prosilver english > Click on the theme to preview > click on install skin - DO NOT PRESS SAVE SETTINGS

I know the theme is not everyones cup of tea, but its PB banner free, and its only temporary.

I think the problem with choosing a style is that it only lets you save and not install.

Good luck

thanks for that..all solved
JulieG
Forumember

Language : English

http://collienet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 14:12

Hi Julie

Glad I could help

Hi Hilde

But the ting im not sure of is, it i press save to forexampel the prosilver red skin, how can i then go back to my original one on a later date ?

Don't press save on a new skin, press install. You can get your other theme back at a later date by re-installing it
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by musket Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 14:53

It seems half sorted now on mine, all works OK until you login
and then it starts Smile
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 15:17

Hey guys...
I got good news and bad news.
I have spoken with the customer service people of photobucket... it seems they have misplaced my account (after some server updates) and it landed in some commercial group thing... I have no clue what it means... but it got rid of my pro account and and made it commercial and they want more cash for more bandwidth...

I have explained my position , and they are already fixing the problem... bad news is that this can take up too a weeks time to return to normal.

For the time being ... i advise administrators to switch to a default temporary theme. I will report back when the matter has been settled.

Once again I apologize from my side.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 15:34

Thanks for the update, Jalokim. Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Empty "Bandwidth Exceeded" wallpaper???

Post by schternli Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 15:38

Hi!

On our forum, we suddenly have an obnoxious wallpaper from photobucket that screams "Bandwidth Exceeded: Upgrade to Pro Today!" We can still read posts, but it takes up all the space outside the posts, and crosses over a post occasionally.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you.

Becca
schternli

Back to top Go down

Post by Broojo02 Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 15:47

I have this problem too bwi
Broojo02

Back to top Go down

Post by commando Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 15:51

commando
commando
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

http://worldclassassassins.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 15:56

For any impatient members... i will be hosting a new css for the most popular themes.

CSS updates:
Trankwell CSS
Floral effect
vistastill

If you want to get your forum back to normal without waiting for photobucket to fix the problem... just download the file that goes to the theme you are using and replace the CSS.

go to your admin panel-> display -> colors -> css tab
select all of it and delete it. then paste the entire text from the .txt file you downloaded. I hope this will help in the meantime.

Last edited by Jalokim on Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 18:35; edited 2 times in total
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerangel321 Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 16:20

I used one of Jalo's themes and it had the banners across the top -->>
http://thesecret-april.forumotion.com/forum.htm

I used one that I can't seem to find anymore. After I read this, I used a different one and it still had the banner at the top.

Every skin I use, when I go to the forum, it has that annoying banner on there.

I don't use PB for my forum. I get my photos and such from Flickr.
soccerangel321

Back to top Go down

Post by hilde Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 16:38

akashic wrote:Hi Julie

Glad I could help

Hi Hilde

Don't press save on a new skin, press install. You can get your other theme back at a later date by re-installing it

Hmmm I really dont see an install button. The only option i have is this :

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Forumh11
hilde
hilde
Forumember

Language : Norway / Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post by astral Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 16:54

I do beleive, that since the Jalokim skins, are the only themes that are well done, infact, ammazing (that's my opinion but its true)....... And since everyone is going to use them....and since photobucket doesn't like all that data transfer going on.........

Jalokim: You should provide a tutorial..... So that some of us more advanced forum guru's...... Can change the links in the theme code..... so that we can download all of the pictures...... and host them elsewhere... That would free up your bandwidth... I myself have a webspace acount that would be perfect for hosting the pictures on my forum. I use my forum for a paintball team so theres only about 8 of us trafficing on there...... So maybe you could tutorial us up, and open sorce your themes because honestly, I only like yours, and the one I am using is perfect......
astral

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 16:58

Hi Hilde

If you click on the hitskin tab, you will find these basic skins in there, click on one to preview and you will see an install this skin option

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 4 Instaltheme
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 17:36

Brad38 wrote:How do you switch skins when you've customized your css quite a bit? In the past when I did this, it really messed things up when I switched back to a previous skin. Buttons were lost, colours that were change in the CSS were reverted back to the original skin etc.

Exactly...I'm not just going to up and switch when I've already customized my theme quite a bit
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by astral Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 17:46

Copy and paste your CSS.

TEMPORARILY change theme. Wait for Jalokim to fix DATA TRANSFER issue.

Reinstall Jalokim theme

Paste in back-up CSS.

Voila!
astral

Back to top Go down

Post by adrenalin Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 17:56

@Jalokim: Thx for the information. Smile

I alredy wondered if i should collect some donations for you fufufu loul

greetz
Alex
adrenalin
Forumember

Male Posts : 148
Language : German, French, English

http://hilfe.forumieren.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by musket Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 18:23

Jakolim thanks for the help new css file downloaded and installed :wouhou:.......musket
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 18:28

The following topics have been merged together with this one, as they were all referring to the same problem.

Somebody Change My Forum Background
help.. bandwidth??
Images
Bandwidth Exceeded - wallpaper?
Forum Images
Jalokim's Skin Titles problem

Sorry for any confusion if anyone could not find where these topics disappeared to. As always, I have pm'd the thread starter to alert them of the move.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by musket Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 19:35

Jalokim wrote:For any impatient members... i will be hosting a new css for the most popular themes.

CSS updates:
Trankwell CSS
Floral effect
vistastill

If you want to get your forum back to normal without waiting for photobucket to fix the problem... just download the file that goes to the theme you are using and replace the CSS.

go to your admin panel-> display -> colors -> css tab
select all of it and delete it. then paste the entire text from the .txt file you downloaded. I hope this will help in the meantime.

floral effects CSS script with the chatbox fix provided earlier to me by Jalokim Floral effects CSS chatbox fix added ........... :wouhou: ...........musket

Last edited by musket on Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonalyn Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 21:50

These are the forums we have that were having the same problem:

1. http://activeprintech.forumotion.net/
2. http://spactiveprintech.forumotion.net/
Jonalyn

Language : fearme

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonalyn Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 22:05

do you have any idea which theme will work? thanks
Jonalyn

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieG Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 22:12

JulieG wrote:
akashic wrote:Ok, this is what i did and my forum is fine

Good luck

this worked for us
JulieG
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonalyn Mon 19 Jan 2009 - 22:32

thank you guys for your wonderful suggestions..everything works fine now Smile
Jonalyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemor Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 5:30

Jalokim wrote:yeah...it looks like all the themes that were using my images... whether its my theme or not... have been hit by this bandwidth thing... lols...

I am trying to find out what happened... I hope photobucket will be able to revert this junk

I don't think this is your problem..this is happening with all themes I try, no matter who it's from..I think it's a worm virus from photobucket or something and they are responsible. That could also be the cause of your account changes too Jalokim.

I can't seem to use any theme now without getting it. I will do a deep virus scan becasue it seems to be going through everything from this forum. Maybe it's Hitskins not sure, but my other forum is fine and both are using phpbb3 version ...very strange indeed.
Jemor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 7:24

To Jalokim,

Jalokim, the hitskin I was using of yours isn't even showing up anymore on the hitskin website. I was using your Vista Blue hitskin and I was able to edit the personal CSS. There is a VISTA AERO skin there, but it's been revised by the looks of it and doesn't have personal CSS.

When you get your photobucket account in order again, how am I going to switch back to the VISTA BLUE skin I was using and with all the modifications that were done?

Thank you for any information here.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by molliecosh Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 9:48

I switched from a Jalokim theme to an alternative and I still have this same problem. It is UGLY!! Hope someone here (or photobucket support) can fix this ASAP - my forum is a total mess!
molliecosh

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieG Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 9:49

Molliecosh, if you switch to pro silver as mentioned in another post, it will be ok.
JulieG
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by summermac Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 14:25

also go to your CSS Stylesheet b/c if there's anything in there it will read that instead of the style you picked (prosilver). I choose prosilver and all that but still was seeing the photobucket error. I then went to my CSS style sheet and there was coding there (set up by another admin) and after c/p it to Word (for later) and deleting, the photobucket error was gone.

HTH!
summermac

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next