The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

+87
Jophy
Soldatay
Unfrozen Jon
faith and devotion
JessicaInfinite
vegasjj
WPC
OLOV
Tilum
Yoshimo
BarakiEl
wannabemountainman
WHITESABBATH
vanbetta
Tellen
Metina
siriuslypadfoot
lesliewest_guitargod
Goku93
dmcarty
shotta
cloudscape_admin
Carpersretreat
alicia
PIL
Nooclear
Dismal Shadow
nodepositbonus123
Darren1
*StellA*
Andrea_mne
LH Justin
Hotrod hoss
MrMega
dotDavid
xtokiwartoothx
Aggie
Beno
GeneralOJB
Nessa
ieatfireworks
SeaMunky
fixme
dapndfk4dents
molliecosh
Jemor
Jonalyn
Skittles
adrenalin
Brandon
astral
soccerangel321
commando
Broojo02
schternli
Sucko
JulieG
nephewsrock
S.H_ECO_FORUM
jojoshshuaua
thesilentmassacre
Emma8432
chebby
Eradicate
Shadow-Slasher
summermac
xstyl
gman
hilde
lynx29
ostrvo
Brad38
paor
MEX
Jalokim
Tarogasini
Dreamlimix
CX9.
ipoppy
Denny
akashic
TheBully
Sanket
alexanderxayavongsa
ngocducqtk32
musket
Gangsta_killz
91 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Empty [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by Gangsta_killz January 12th 2009, 8:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi i have a forum, recently i changed skin.
Here's my problem

In this screen, on Mozila Firefox you can see titles are on the left.
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Mozzil10

And in this one, on Internet Explorer you can see titles centered (looks ugly [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Icon_redface )
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Intern10

So i want to make it so even in internet explorer it shows titles on left like for mozilla's one [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Icon_smile

here is th skin i use :

http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/trankwell-blue-112340.htm

thanks

Last edited by Gangsta_killz on January 14th 2009, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gangsta_killz
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by faith and devotion October 25th 2009, 11:47 pm

Goku: It would be good if I had the "know-how" to move an entire forum-skin onto a picture host... I know how to move the images and icons but not the main background theme...
faith and devotion
faith and devotion
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : English

http://sanitylost.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by Yoshimo October 25th 2009, 11:48 pm

Can you guys give me a run down on CSS? How do I do that?
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by vegasjj October 25th 2009, 11:51 pm

vegasjj wrote:Hi,

I have reported the problem as it happened was about 2:00 am my time - and it just happened.
Have replaced the skin - but can't find a good match - so a lot of work that looked good now looks like sh..t. Also an other PROBLEM. I LOST the access to the ADMIN PANEL from the bottom of the forum - it simply is not there. (I can get in via a link for now). Don't know if that is due to the skin.. or some other issue.

CAN I CHANGE skins any number of times - or is there some potential problem doing that?
(seems to me it should be ok - but I am a very new user - new forum owner - not very happy - feels like I'm up against some brick walls)

I would like to try and change the pic hosting. But scared to touch it... Please confirm for me... if i mess-up I can always just take an other skin and basically still be no worse off then I am except for losing my time???

On a very different note: I think that the people trying to help here are doing their best - and we the users are at a vary varied levels of knowledge. I think I'm just grateful for the effort made to help us out - with this FREE software.

JJ

Hi I posted this above - I just hope someone has the answers for me - if you know please reply! (I colored my main questions to save reading time)

Thank you
JJ
vegasjj

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 25th 2009, 11:53 pm

ok guys just go to your css and press ctrl+F and type photobucket in it

and search for it and when you found 1 link copy that link and open it in the new tab and then save that image and upload that on other host and then replace the link in the css and search again for photobucket and find another link and so on
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 26th 2009, 12:04 am

Goku93 wrote:ok guys just go to your css and press ctrl+F and type photobucket in it

and search for it and when you found 1 link copy that link and open it in the new tab and then save that image and upload that on other host and then replace the link in the css and search again for photobucket and find another link and so on

Best post ever so much help..

This way takes a while, but its better than looking at a sorry forum
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by faith and devotion October 26th 2009, 12:09 am

Okay... Noob question, but could someone please direct me to the CSS? ..
faith and devotion
faith and devotion
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 26th 2009, 12:14 am

go to Admin Panel -----> Display------> Colors ------> CSS Stylesheet
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by faith and devotion October 26th 2009, 12:17 am

Okay, cheers. Then just type in Photobucket anywhere? ..
faith and devotion
faith and devotion
Forumember

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 9 Empty It's back

Post by Unfrozen Jon October 26th 2009, 12:20 am

Yep the photobucket bandwidth upgrade error has returned.
Unfrozen Jon
Unfrozen Jon

Male Posts : 2

Http://appianfrontiers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 26th 2009, 12:21 am

no go to that page and press ctrl+F and then type photobucket in it to search for the word
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by faith and devotion October 26th 2009, 12:22 am

Yes, it comes up 10 matches. Then what? Find the links? ..
faith and devotion
faith and devotion
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lesliewest_guitargod October 26th 2009, 12:24 am

Sanket wrote:Just wait for it guys, it will be fixed soon.

Wait for how long Sanket? What is being done? What exactly is going on?? scratch scratch scratch
lesliewest_guitargod
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by vegasjj October 26th 2009, 12:25 am

Yoshimo wrote:
Goku93 wrote:ok guys just go to your css and press ctrl+F and type photobucket in it

Best post ever so much help..

This way takes a while, but its better than looking at a sorry forum

I sooo agree Thanks a lot - will give it a try
vegasjj

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpersretreat October 26th 2009, 12:27 am

Excellent, worked perfect! Forum running smoothly again! Many many thanks! :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou:
Carpersretreat
Carpersretreat
Forumember

http://www.carpersretreat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 26th 2009, 12:29 am

sorry for late reply

ok find the link and open the first link and save that image on your computer by right clicking on the picture and selecting save image as

and then go to tinypic or servimg and upload that image

and then copy the direct link from that image host and poaste the new image link instead of the old one
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 26th 2009, 12:38 am

YES YES YES I got my forum back!
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 26th 2009, 2:22 am

Goku93 wrote:sorry for late reply

ok find the link and open the first link and save that image on your computer by right clicking on the picture and selecting save image as

and then go to tinypic or servimg and upload that image

and then copy the direct link from that image host and poaste the new image link instead of the old one

--
Not successful. I have several photo bucket images in the CSS file. I tried replacing (1) photo bucket image using all 4 upload options from tinypic.com, but the CSS panel denied all it.

Next photo bucket would not give me my original photo back when I copy -pasted their image old code in the CSS file. (So I stopped.)

1. Which tinypic code works in the CSS file?

2. Do I copy paste the entire link to the CSS file OR only a portion of the link?

I am willing to work - until it's resolved. Thanks!
OLOV
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 26th 2009, 2:27 am

ok then when you search a photovucket link by typing photobucket in the search box

then copy the whole link of the image hosted by photobucket and paste it in the new tab and open it

when it is opened upload it on tiny pic and when it gets upload use the last option given there the direct image link
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 26th 2009, 2:28 am

This is what I did and it worked
1. Open your CSS Sheet
2. Find all the PhotoBucket links (Make sure they are the direct links, starting with "http://" and ending with ".png or .gif")
3. Create or use a VERY EMPTY/Lightly used PhotoBucket account
4. Upload all the PhotoBucket links in the CSS Sheet to your PB acount
5. Replace all the PhotoBucket links with your own links from your profile
6. Save the CSS sheet.

The problem with the thing, (I guess) is that once you go over too much space in your PhotoBucket account, all your images are still there, but they get replaced by the bandwidth thing. Because all of Jalokim's images are still there, but PhotoBucket's just changed what they look like because of his bandwidth problem.

Try that and it should work.
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 26th 2009, 3:02 am

Thanks. Good specific instructions. Followed all directions.
Result: Unsuccessful.

I added the photo bucket DIRECT LINK to the CSS panel
(Note: I kept the single originial quote command then I deleted the singe ' command.)
Result(s): Unsuccessful

('https://2img.net/h/i191.photobucket.com/albums/z301/lastfmbadges/a1/bac.png')

Arrow Do I need to do anything else after I Submit? For example, resynchronize the forum?

Thanks so much.
OLOV
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 26th 2009, 3:05 am

I don't know then. Is your theme by Jalokim? If you want you can use all my images.

I make sure not to mess with those ' or " things i didn't know what they were.

It worked for me. Link to your forum?
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 26th 2009, 3:07 am

OLOV
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 26th 2009, 3:11 am

Maybe I didn't SAVE the CSS Sheet.

Is Submit the same as Save?
OLOV
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 26th 2009, 3:12 am

Yeah!
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by WPC October 26th 2009, 3:12 am

I've replaced all Photobucket images in the CSS yet am still seeing these errors. Mind you we only had two Photobucket images that I'm almost certain had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Any suggestions?
WPC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 26th 2009, 3:15 am

Well, I replaced all of the ones that I could find and it worked for me. There are however other images that are still there. Those are the "illiweb" I think or something like that.

But it can't be those, because the problem is obviously photobucket. Did you get all the links?
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 26th 2009, 3:19 am

Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by Goku93 Today at 8:27 pm
ok then when you search a photovucket link by typing photobucket in the search box

then copy the whole link of the image hosted by photobucket and paste it in the new tab and open it

when it is opened upload it on tiny pic and when it gets upload use the last option given there the direct image link

Thank you!
Result: Unsuccessful

In the past, each time, each time I attempted to change a color in the CSS file, it offset a bug or glitch on my main forum.

From now on, I won't tamper with the CSS file.

Thanks so much. I'll keep trying.
OLOV
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by WPC October 26th 2009, 3:19 am

Not sure what happened, but the images that I saved and re-uploaded didn't take last night as I just found them again in the CSS.

Save and uploaded to imageshack (again) and all seems to be well. Weird. Smile
WPC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 26th 2009, 3:21 am

Yoshimo wrote:Well, I replaced all of the ones that I could find and it worked for me. There are however other images that are still there. Those are the "illiweb" I think or something like that.

But it can't be those, because the problem is obviously photobucket. Did you get all the links?

No I only worked with 1 link - then I hit Submit. (But the image did not show up. )

I'll replace all old photo bucket links in the CSS file.

I have several photo bucket images. It will take time. Thanks again.
OLOV
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 26th 2009, 3:35 am

WPC, my images are not successfully saving in the CSS file either. mwii
I'm working on replacing them one by one, then submit. No success. Will replace all - to see end result.
OLOV
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next