The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

+223
oldeclectic
gandakotalaga
Demonlord
Repa
tonyv
allenallenallen333
Piano244
Rab_C
Nelsaidi
Dark Takua
aislingyngaio
asaharasensei
Cyber Dome Prez
dstanley
Coco
fearangel
Dello
vvw
infinitelytrue
Data2link
Fireball9575
Carryn
rr2739
pizza
Normy69ner
pikcolokung
cdma_haryana
bassie999
moogirl1989
Geromix
Emuk
skouliki
Jaded
w1ngs0fate
EMO
ifswm
shivam
rasskul
Papaumau
angel_d
LindaChzang
dina_qa
scristib
blade168
incredible_fear
xbet
paor
shreky
seraphim
andonio
Cb Hr
AdminBesede
mayahuskee
t2008y
Keltic
doggyhse
~*Meg*~
Doctor Inferno
D3uc3T
MummyM
Aafy
JayGood
armenioj
haileybighugs2
jeaniel
SpiritWind
my4madmin
RedDragonV
O RLY
IGDRadioAdmin
Moonlight14
Toddseahawks
busybee
pwm
dragonintel
Sumi
Twizdid
KingOfSports
Reunite
disneysuper
HBX210
immortalgamingforum
Sammy 10
UP-CLUB
room28spartan
BeetleWarrior
Aggie
Houka Ryuu
RoseSIZL
Angelic
Franchise
Punkarella
Merlin333
Schockwave
Miko_Angel
O Goncho
stefanely
13it3.RoCroX
4thGearPinned
middo2
D0WN
brenda
Rok
mell
rapidlynx
CoRE_-D4M4G3D
LinDsaY__
Dezza
brale1
DaSportsGuy34STC
JulieG
nikki_kev
paint
JK2Ree12
bodz
blang1
Princesses & Fairies
isgie
rossrc
firefoxfreak33
ZX
Lady Orihime
smilie fan
Ape
Donut
The Master 12321
GreatMazinga
RTL
Object
fkn0wned
jediwarrior
Soggy
Lizzie
Dreamlimix
neukrotiva
bretboy129
DONK
ClaraZ25
-Smile
Lolita
Hisakata
Solveig
iceangel
Brandon
anotherworld
Moldienut
Mariko21
kitterztoo
David2
kreativeflow
Pamela
HotParadox
Becky
Redsun
chouzouris
Andrea_mne
Fendoor
boardbabe
northstar
MrMario
Eazy
shotta
SeekerOfD
rainbowie
Latte
yasmel
Torgal
endless013
Blofeld
amooretto
lilypad
pat123456
Kumiko
quin
richardkentgates
MPants
ZmYg1
xaphania
Darkwing
stevetry
Nirr'ti Kala
spartacuz
InsanityLoaded
fooart
Pontifex
TR
Ronaldo
sajbicz
spiritcharms
Laurie Ann
sway
gojo
Mae
invertedhat
SLEEPAH
Skip
Raz
[Mr].[Daniel]
Sports Fan
kellysownname
Sanket
zaydyk
Nora17
runawayhorses
tugo
Jake Blues
Brad38
LUDAKLUDI
anthonym05
susie-soapland
nimiel
kjmj14
valfazz
~PSYDEX~
wednesday
eagle8x
xxtop
sugartea
akashic
kylesmummy06
Don_FixYBoys*
magicm00n
Shadow
227 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 24 Empty [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by Shadow Tue 17 Mar 2009, 11:14

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

Please post here all the issues and bugs you may have noticed with the update!
Please also post your forum URL so that we can help you fastly, and if possible screenshot(s) of the issue(s).

Last edited by Typlo on Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:39; edited 6 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 24 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by w1ngs0fate Thu 19 Mar 2009, 01:40

I now am able to click on the Multi-Quotes button without it disappearing. So that is showing up for me now. Thanks, guys! Smile

The Reputation and Points though still are not displaying in the profiles. There are a few other issues I've been experiencing, but mainly I'm concerned about these two things.
w1ngs0fate
w1ngs0fate
Forumember

Language : English

http://etherealights.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 24 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post]

Post by t2008y Thu 19 Mar 2009, 01:48

ok, the new log in pop up works on 1 of my 2 forums, one is running invision the other is running phpbb2, anything i should try?
t2008y
Forumember

Male Posts : 59
Language : EnGlIsH

Back to top Go down

Post by Repa Thu 19 Mar 2009, 01:51

Everyone on my 2 forums was having problems with my homepages loading before the update for about the last month or so. All other pages load fast. The problem would clear up after 8:00pm eastern time and the homepage would load fast, but then would be slow again during the daytime hours. Since the update it is very slow all the time. My members are not happy. Could someone please help? Thanks.

http://grayclassof1958.forumotion.net/forum.htm

http://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Repa
Repa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Reunite Thu 19 Mar 2009, 02:01

Ok all is sorted now.

Thanks a lot for fixing the problems
Reunite

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSports Thu 19 Mar 2009, 02:04

Miko_Angel wrote:
Dello wrote:On someone's profile it says in their stats that they've got 3 friends when in fact they've only got two friends.
Same here. The friends and foe thingy is not working for me anymore. I have at least 20 friends in my stat list and now it says I have 2 friends on my stat O___o.

And also, I just noticed an error. I can't accept my friends request. I mean, when I have already someone in my list, I can't accept the request from the same people I already have.

example: I added one friend and I was accepted, then that person added me (since only he was in my friend list and I wasn't at his) then it just doesn't accept his when I click in +. I guess it's a bug since he already is on my list yet O__O

the same thing happened to me...but i just unfriended the person and she unfriended me and we tried again and it work...
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by blang1 Thu 19 Mar 2009, 02:12

blang1 wrote:
blang1 wrote:
blang1 wrote:
blang1 wrote:The Reputation and Points system are not appearing in the profile. I have tried every thing I can figure to do. I have it set right, but it is not appearing. I have disabled the feature on my site because I do not want the members pushing those buttons and it not work. I will activate them again when this is fixed.

link:
www.millsberryfriends08.forumotion.com
That, and also:
One of my members has been complaining about the DST settings. Here in the Eastern Time Zone, it is 6:08pm with DST in effect. This member has it set to auto-correct DST, and she has set it multiple times to have DST in effect. She says it works for a few hours, then it is back to DST not in effect.

someone help lol

Points and reputation still not working, also the birthday glitch hasn't been fixed, but the memberlist has.
blang1
Forumember

Male Posts : 183

http://www.millsberryfriends08.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2009, 03:30

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I only have one problem on my forum. But for me it's a big one, and I haven't seen it discussed.

I'm using phpBB3 with the profiles on the left side, and the online indicator no longer displays. I even know why it's not displaying:

YOU COMMENTED OUT THE CODE!!!

Please put back what you removed. It's in .postprofile, the code is

Code:
<div class="online2"></div>
when a member is online, and

Code:
<div class="2"></div>
when a member is offline. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonlord Thu 19 Mar 2009, 04:03

...The reputation points do not show in the posts = Epic Fail T_T

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Demonlord
Demonlord

Male Posts : 5

http://demonlord.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2009, 04:33

The default look of the avatars in the memberlist is terrible on my phpBB3 forum. Until something is done about it in the code itself, those with phpBB3 forums can make those avatars look MUCH better by adding this line in your CSS:

Code:
td.avatar-mini a img {width: auto; height: auto; max-width: 50px; max-height: 50px; border: none;}

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno Thu 19 Mar 2009, 04:47

One more bug,

The date format is wrong, it should be dd/mm/yyyy not yyyy-mm-dd.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gandakotalaga Thu 19 Mar 2009, 05:25

First of all thanks for the updates, it looks great at my forum. The only problem we are facing is that our moderators can't moderate member's profile.
gandakotalaga
gandakotalaga
Forumember

Female Posts : 113
Language : english

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC] Issues with the new update [Please read first post] - Page 24 Empty Embedded Videos

Post by oldeclectic Thu 19 Mar 2009, 05:27

Hi Tried to embed a video today and failed. Checked back and since the update none of my embedded videos are showing. Forum admin unable to contact you because he has cleverly lost his username on here.

Forum is http://spiritualismlink.forumotion.com/forum.htm

and one of the videos shows (or doesn't show now) here
http://spiritualismlink.forumotion.com/physical-mediumship-f5/allan-crossley-on-physical-mediumship-video-t143.htm

No other problems seen since update just looking at the new items thanks for the hard work

Jim

Last edited by oldeclectic on Thu 19 Mar 2009, 05:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
oldeclectic

Back to top Go down

Post by magicm00n Thu 19 Mar 2009, 05:30

Just want to keep you updated with whats wrong in my forum.

1.Reputation not showing in profiles.
2.Registration date not showing.
3.Gender image is beside the number of posts.
4.Can't add/accept friends.

Hope this gets fixed soon.
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link Thu 19 Mar 2009, 05:44

I'm exstatic about this update- It's what I've been waiting a year for Smile So far it's workign fine for me- and I can see the glitches gettign fixed little by little. Thanks alot for this great update. Looking forward to it being perfected soon Very Happy
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillie Thu 19 Mar 2009, 05:57

I activated advanced profile and everything else there is in the upgrade, but for some reason the points and reputation are not showing up on any of the members profile's statistics. All I get are the thanks button and the points voting on the topic, can someone plz help. url/ http://philliesforums.forumotion.com

Last edited by Phillie on Thu 19 Mar 2009, 05:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : url)
Phillie
Phillie

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by seraphim Thu 19 Mar 2009, 06:07

So far signatures still arent showing and the reputation icons are not showing, i hope both shows up soon @.@
seraphim
seraphim
Forumember

Female Posts : 159
Language : Who knows?

http://chappy.rabbit-forum.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 Thu 19 Mar 2009, 06:24

I just noticed guests can see everyones profiles

Also I can't figure out how to "un-hide" a comment once it was hidden
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 Thu 19 Mar 2009, 06:31

endless013 wrote:I just noticed guests can see everyones profiles

Also I can't figure out how to "un-hide" a comment once it was hidden

Hi,

Make sure you have the permissions set correctly for the memberlist so that only members can see it. If this isn't the reason, then maybe it's your version of PHP.

Yes, once you "hide" a visitor message, it goes into your private message "Save box" and can't be unhid. Very odd way of doing this.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworld Thu 19 Mar 2009, 06:37

How to remove underline from username and change its color ?
anotherworld

Language : French, English, Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by seraphim Thu 19 Mar 2009, 06:55

anotherworld wrote:How to remove underline from username and change its color ?

I dont think anything could be done there since usernames are now linked.

but changing the colors comes in groups.
seraphim
seraphim
Forumember

Female Posts : 159
Language : Who knows?

http://chappy.rabbit-forum.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by busybee Thu 19 Mar 2009, 07:29

Hi

When you introduced the Todays Top 20 Posters I thought it was a great idea to see how many posts a member had made in a day but since the upgrade it now only shows their total posts and not their total daily posts. I feel it's not as useful as it was previous.

Thanks Maggie
busybee
Forumember

Female Posts : 122

http://poetryandfriends.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Blues Thu 19 Mar 2009, 07:45

Can we have different buttons for posting a "visitor comment" and a "personal message".

So there is no confusion for users, some people think they are sending a pm when actually they are posting a msg that is visable by all.

I dont need the actual button just the option to have it, then I will make my own.
Jake Blues
Jake Blues
Forumember

http://phoenix-etclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Don_FixYBoys* Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:05

AutoLogin Pop-Up and announcement trouble, nothing happen when i set this on..

my forum address Click Here!
Don_FixYBoys*
Don_FixYBoys*
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : International

http://www.fixy-fact.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wednesday Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:14

My multi-quote doesnt work..

Thats my only whinge for the day..Smile
wednesday
wednesday
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kocka Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:20

First of all thanks for the updates.
My problem are signatures. I have activated all necessary options (in admin panel I allowed the use of signatures on global level, and in the personal profiles settings) I even tried to edit my old posts and marked the "attach my signature to this post" and still - there is NO signature in my and in the posts of my members.
My forum: http://dijeta.sos-forum.net/index.htm
thank you in advance
Kocka

Language : serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko_Angel Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:22

Everything is working fine for me except for the Friends and Foe (accept/add) option thingy. All my members, including myself are just keep on dissapearing everytime we re-try to add one another. I did unfriend them and re-friend a couple times. One minute later, their stat is not on my friend list Confused
Miko_Angel
Miko_Angel

Female Posts : 24

http://littlewolf.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by wednesday Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:24

Miko_Angel wrote:Everything is working fine for me except for the Friends and Foe (accept/add) option thingy. All my members, including myself are just keep on dissapearing everytime we re-try to add one another. I did unfriend them and re-friend a couple. One minute later, their stat is not on my friend list Confused

Ohh i have this as well..just tried it. weird...i added someone, im on there list but there not on mine??? spooky
wednesday
wednesday
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Blues Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:31

Can I say the Announcement banner is great, add a little bit of html code in and u can have a very groovy looking announcement that really stands out. Excellent addition.
Jake Blues
Jake Blues
Forumember

http://phoenix-etclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:35

Hello,

First of all I'm glad things are getting sorting out for most of you, we're doing here our best to eliminate all remaining glitches Smile

I've forwarded all noticed issues to techs, I'll come back to you when i have more news! Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by wednesday Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:40

Cheers typlo. i appreciate the work gone into all this..
wednesday
wednesday
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next