The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hitskin Question - About Website Templates

4 posters

Go down

Hitskin Question - About Website Templates Empty Hitskin Question - About Website Templates

Post by Master Marc November 25th 2009, 1:16 am

Hello,

I was wondering, can I use a theme from hitskin.com and design a website template ( using graphics ) for others to use as homepages on their forums?

I'll have these website templates at my forum, and everyone will be able to download them for free, Hitskin Question - About Website Templates Redface

I got this idea a while ago, then I tried suggesting it in the forums for members to request a website template in this topic for their forum homepages.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Hitskin Question - About Website Templates Empty Re: Hitskin Question - About Website Templates

Post by Darren1 November 25th 2009, 1:52 am

Hello

I believe you can, you just must mention & link http://forumotion.com & http://hitskin.com to any new html page that you used any content from any skins from hitskin.com Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Hitskin Question - About Website Templates Empty Re: Hitskin Question - About Website Templates

Post by Master Marc November 25th 2009, 1:55 am

darren1 wrote:Hello

I believe you can, you just must mention & link http://forumotion.com & http://hitskin.com to any new html page that you used any content from any skins from hitskin.com Wink
I knew you had to add in forumotion's link, tongue .

Where talking about homepages here, lol. But, I'll just use hitskin.com's link, and let others add forumotion's link themselves, Wink .

But, I want a member of staff to confirm this, tongue .
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 25th 2009, 5:58 am

Also, add a link to phpbb.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien November 25th 2009, 8:46 am

Hello,

You should also ask the creator of the theme before using the CSS and graphics of his theme.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc November 25th 2009, 6:03 pm

Sanket wrote:Also, add a link to phpbb.
It's more the graphics I'll be using, Wink . phpBB has nothing else to do with it, tongue

ankillien wrote:Hello,

You should also ask the creator of the theme before using the CSS and graphics of his theme.
I was waiting for this post, TT . What if the person that created the theme is no where to be found, but someone really wants me to create a website template for that special theme from hitskin?
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 25th 2009, 6:16 pm

Master Marc wrote:
Sanket wrote:Also, add a link to phpbb.
It's more the graphics I'll be using, Wink . phpBB has nothing else to do with it, tongue

I was just suggesting a way, if you don't want to add that link fine. But if the forum gets deleted for that thing do not ask why did online guardian ban? Razz Even if you are creating a homepage you need to add forumotion & phpbb links.

Decision rests on you, i have nothing to loose. Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc November 25th 2009, 6:34 pm

Sanket wrote:I was just suggesting a way, if you don't want to add that link fine. But if the forum gets deleted for that thing do not ask why did online guardian ban? Razz Even if you are creating a homepage you need to add forumotion & phpbb links.

Decision rests on you, i have nothing to loose. Smile
So, if someone gives me graphics from a hitskin theme, and I don't know about it, but I create a website template that doesn't look a thing like a theme from hitskin.com, and I add it up for grabs ( download ) on my forum, without a phpBB link, my forum will still get banned?

( The website template goes for people with ftp hosting as well, not just only forumotion )

>> beu

Also, I read the terms of service of hitskin.com, and they said all submitted themes are copyrighted by their respectful owner. So, if I ask the owner of the theme to use them, then I might be off the hook.

But, Sanket, I have a solution to this ( linking to phpBB ) , but I want to know if it's safe to use, after you reply to this message, Hitskin Question - About Website Templates Redface
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 25th 2009, 7:12 pm

( The website template goes for people with ftp hosting as well, not just only forumotion )

Well if its for the users to use, their sites would get banned maybe who knows. You will be the source, so why not provide the link? Because most of the users who will download the template would be forum users, correct?

I was just talking about a webpage that you were creating not anything related to a skin.

About the banning issue, i don't look into it so i am not the right person to answer. But, i know for sure when it won't get banned.

I know your solutions. Bad tricks you know. lol
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc November 25th 2009, 7:30 pm

I'll private message you my solution, because I don't want anyone stealing the idea, TT

Then you can reply again, Hitskin Question - About Website Templates 927855
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien November 26th 2009, 4:24 am

ankillien wrote:Hello,

I was waiting for this post, TT . What if the person that created the theme is no where to be found, but someone really wants me to create a website template for that special theme from hitskin?

But how can you use graphics that you haven't even created without the creators permission?

If you can't contact the creator, you should make similar graphics yourself Confused
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc November 26th 2009, 9:06 pm

ankillien wrote:But how can you use graphics that you haven't even created without the creators permission?

If you can't contact the creator, you should make similar graphics yourself Confused
Nah! If someone requests one, and they used a theme from hitskin but still wants a homepage for their forum ( And they don't know the theme owner ) , I'll just tell the requester, "no!".

P.S, I was planning to ask the creator for permission. That's why am asking questions first.

Sanket, I replied. Hope you post soon, Very good .
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 1st 2009, 5:44 am

Solved via PM. Locked.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down