The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Forums

4 posters

Go down

Private Forums Empty Private Forums

Post by Iceh April 15th 2010, 9:48 pm

I have a private forum, and I have it so that only members can view the forums.
I also didn't want to have any new members join, so I set it so that when you click "register", it says: "Administrators have forbidden any new members." And it won't allow you to register.

And now here is where my question comes in...
I wanted someone new to join the forums. And I guess I'm kind of retarded, because I've totally forgotten how to reverse what I've done. Basically I am happy with any of these results:

• Allow people to register. But the admin has to approve before you become a member.
  • Allow people to register for the time being, giving my friend enough time to join, then disable registry again.
  • The admin (myself) being able to create new members. (Then I can just give my friend the username and password. This would actually be the most "choice result")

Thanks for reading, I hope someone can help. Smile
Iceh

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Private Forums Empty Re: Private Forums

Post by Danno April 15th 2010, 10:19 pm

Here is how to allow new members: Administrator Control Panel >> Users and Groups >> Users options. Then there is an option called "Allow new members". Select "Yes". In the same area there is an option to have an Administrator accept all new members. Look for "New accounts activation" and then select "Admin". Be sure to click "Save" when you're done. Wink

Danno
Danno
Danno
Forumember

Male Posts : 88
Language : Alien

http://minispies.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tusia_m May 8th 2010, 12:04 pm

Hello,

I also want to create private forum. I'd like to choose who can register to our forum. I marked things as you wrote above:
Administrator Panel -> Users and Groups -> Users options -> New accounts activation -> Admin
and below that I selected:
Send notify email on new user registrations -> Admin

Now, when someone wants to register they have to give their user name, email address and password and I get an email to activate their account.

My question is: is it possible to give a bit of space when registering for people to write who they are so I know who the person is and whether to allow registering or not?
tusia_m

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 9th 2010, 12:20 am

Sorry nope.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test