The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quote Function Not Functioning

+57
disco biscuit
Lupercal
Shadow
KingOfSports
Ape
quadtrax
Dave247
psjamie
mahdinafisi
mangal
h0lmes
eraserhead
oggbad
juliet
SixenSix
tony_h
boywonder
SweetMysty
Rogo
badger
Rapsheba555
Master Marc
CoreyM
Rok
Kuro L Lawliet
Rammstein
4hams
WHITESABBATH
Wor Wonton
Maki1
Keltic
Sergei Meranov
~Audrey~
OCDism
efbe
caysa
kirk
boithok.admin
Tamsker
lindamarie
leamarieuk
The Co=Ordinator
eek
honeybee
Darren1
matt_m
rblatch
sfifer
Soldatay
outlaw105w
MrMario
axet
Armaghgeddon
Vicky-Leigh
RoxyChick
TheListener
HotParadox
61 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Solved Quote Function Not Functioning

Post by HotParadox May 5th 2010, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

My forum is messing up. The quote function is not working properly and my settings are correct. This is the standard quote function that I am talking about (I have not enabled the mult-quote function nor do I wish to at this time).
Here I have copied and pasted the way quotes are being displayed on my forum today. My response to the grumpy pilot is "test":

the grumpy pilot wrote:
Is there something going on with the forums and posts from yesterday? The posts are appearing without the quotes, instead it says so and so said: etc., I can't tell who said what or who is quoting who or who is posting and responding. And I can't even see the posts from the second page except one at the top of the keeping in touch thread?????? I tried two different browsers as well....explorer and firefox. And onthe posts that have been quoated, our avatars are appearing in the middle of the posts and not over on the right side of the page. Anyone else having these issues?
test
Here is the link to my forum showing the above quote:
http://chitchatlounge.forummotion.com/general-chit-chat-f1/welcome-chit-chat-newbies-forum-user-problems-or-questions-ask-me-for-help-here-t2.htm#286

I would appreciate your kind help in this matter. Thanks,
HotParadox/Admin

Last edited by Sanket on May 15th 2010, 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Only Topic ~ MrMario)
HotParadox

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quote Function Not Functioning

Post by HotParadox May 6th 2010, 4:31 pm

honeybee wrote:
The Co=Ordinator wrote:
HotParadox wrote:They also tell me that the whole format "jumps around and looks strange".

I know what they mean.

Also Quick Reply isn't working as all icons disappear as soon as you go into them.
What we are doing is NOT USING QUOTE sends the thread into a spin....
If quotes are used.... dont use quick reply it wont work.. You have to use "Post reply"

Quote Function Not Functioning - Page 2 Boring-1
Yes, my members are using "Post Reply" and the icons that come up at the top of the reply box such as bold, italics, smilies, images, etc do not work.
HotParadox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamsker May 6th 2010, 4:51 pm

The quotes and multi-quotes, on my forum, are messed up as well. I'm glad to see that we are not the only ones, with the problem, as well! "So far" our smilies, bold, etc do work.

Wink
Tamsker
Tamsker

Female Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by boithok.admin May 6th 2010, 5:14 pm

i am using phpbb3 in my forum. we are experiencing problem with quote and multi quote in IE, FF, Chrome. hope it will be fixed soon.
boithok.admin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 6th 2010, 5:58 pm

hahah whay was it redirected to this board..

it dont matter if this is where the thread first started then this is where it should be ...lol

Anyway member caysa has sent me a link and a temp account to his forum.
So now at least i understand what is going on,it dose appear to be a big mess and messing up forums.. at first i thought may be it was something to do with the switch editor option.. but i have done a few test post over there and it's not that.

so i will pass all the info i gathered to the office and hopefully the techs will have out worked out soon.

As far as a temp solution? i would disable the quotes feature and the fast reply as well.

tell your members to just put a @ for what ever member you would normally quote until the problem is fixed.Or If you are one that really finds this annoying and have many members complaining. you can temporarily close your forum and place it in construction or holiday mode.

Unfortunately at this time i have no other suggestions. We will just have to wait for the techs to fix the problem. I apologise to all that are effected by this problem. but we have had small problems in the past and all is always fixed. So please try to hang in there and be patient until the problem is resolved.

Thank

And @caysa

Thank you once again for sending me that. Because i didn't even understand what was happening but by you providing that now see and understand what the problem is.

be sure to check your pm.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa May 6th 2010, 6:32 pm

Wow, I didn't even understand that I did such a great thing by letting you in to our little forum Embarassed

Hopefully it can help all other troubled boards too!!
Feel free to do whatever you need to do regarding this !

Very good Good Luck!!
caysa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee May 6th 2010, 6:43 pm

kirk wrote:hahah whay was it redirected to this board..

it dont matter if this is where the thread first started then this is where it should be ...lol

Anyway member caysa has sent me a link and a temp account to his forum.
So now at least i understand what is going on,it dose appear to be a big mess and messing up forums.. at first i thought may be it was something to do with the switch editor option.. but i have done a few test post over there and it's not that.

so i will pass all the info i gathered to the office and hopefully the techs will have out worked out soon.

As far as a temp solution? i would disable the quotes feature and the fast reply as well.

tell your members to just put a @ for what ever member you would normally quote until the problem is fixed.Or If you are one that really finds this annoying and have many members complaining. you can temporarily close your forum and place it in construction or holiday mode.

Unfortunately at this time i have no other suggestions. We will just have to wait for the techs to fix the problem. I apologise to all that are effected by this problem. but we have had small problems in the past and all is always fixed. So please try to hang in there and be patient until the problem is resolved.

Thank

And @caysa

Thank you once again for sending me that. Because i didn't even understand what was happening but by you providing that now see and understand what the problem is.

be sure to check your pm.
Quote Function Not Functioning - Page 2 Smilie11 Caysa and the most valuable advice from kirk.
honeybee
honeybee
Forumember

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by outlaw105w May 6th 2010, 7:05 pm

thank you Caysa
outlaw105w
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky-Leigh May 6th 2010, 8:48 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated. Hope you can find a solution soon! x
Vicky-Leigh

Language : UK

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe May 7th 2010, 5:32 am

What i have noticed, the phpbb3 forums are messed up when using Internet Explorer, but look ok using Firefox or Opera but the quotations don't work properly on any of the web browsers.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by OCDism May 7th 2010, 6:49 am

so for those of us still learning how do I disable the quotes and multiquotes button
OCDism

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Audrey~ May 7th 2010, 6:57 am

OCDism wrote:so for those of us still learning how do I disable the quotes and multiquotes button

Admin Panel>General>Messages and Emails>Configuration

About 3/4 the way down>>>Display Quote Button, click "no"

Click on SAVE

Done
~Audrey~
~Audrey~
Forumember

Female Posts : 30

http://www.dollcollectorsworldwide.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergei Meranov May 7th 2010, 7:51 am

Our forums are also experiences some technical difficulties with regard to quoting. And other formatting issues.

Link to thread
Sergei Meranov

Back to top Go down

Post by Keltic May 7th 2010, 8:06 am

we have similar problems with quotes @ www.clan-arc.com
Keltic
Keltic
Forumember

Male Posts : 58

http://generation8gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sfifer May 7th 2010, 8:25 am

~Audrey~ wrote:
OCDism wrote:so for those of us still learning how do I disable the quotes and multiquotes button

Click on SAVE

Done

What happens to existing quotes? Do they simply just appear as normal messages in Quote tags? Will they fixthemselves once the quote sytem is turned on again?
sfifer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by OCDism May 7th 2010, 8:27 am

~Audrey~ wrote:

Click on SAVE

Done

thanks Audrey, much appreciated Very Happy
OCDism

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldatay May 7th 2010, 8:42 am

We still don't have any of the other problems mentioned just waiting on the quotes to be sorted out thanks for the feedback kirk
Soldatay
Soldatay
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 7th 2010, 9:00 am

sfifer wrote:What happens to existing quotes? Do they simply just appear as normal messages in Quote tags? Will they fixthemselves once the quote sytem is turned on again?

The existing quotes will be the same as always, they will look like any new quotes.
They'll appear like normal quotes Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee May 7th 2010, 9:03 am

sfifer wrote:
~Audrey~ wrote:

Click on SAVE

Done

What happens to existing quotes? Do they simply just appear as normal messages in Quote tags? Will they fixthemselves once the quote sytem is turned on again?
The admin on our forum has gone to all threads and edited the quote tag out. When you go to a new page on a thread. and DONT use the quote. It will then be OK.

We are now just copying and pasting should we want to address a certain post

eg
by Soldatay on May 7th 2010, 4:42 am
We still don't have any of the other problems mentioned just waiting on the quotes to be sorted out thanks for the feedback kirk

This by Soldatay I have used copy /paste Wink
honeybee
honeybee
Forumember

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by eek May 7th 2010, 9:06 am

honeybee wrote:
sfifer wrote:
~Audrey~ wrote:

Click on SAVE

Done

The admin on our forum has gone to all threads and edited the quote tag out. When you go to a new page on a thread. and DONT use the quote. It will then be OK.

eg

Thanks for the tip and good suggestion indeed. It however still does not resolve the problem. Here's to hoping for a solution at soonest! I dearly miss my quote boxes!
eek

Male Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Audrey~ May 7th 2010, 9:07 am

I hope that once they fix this issue and we enable quotes again that the old quotes will appear okay. I've actually edited the quotes on active threads so that the forum doesn't look so screwy. No one in my forum minds the temporary disabling of the quotes, they know they can copy and paste if necessary and it's not that difficult to do.
~Audrey~
~Audrey~
Forumember

Female Posts : 30

http://www.dollcollectorsworldwide.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sfifer May 7th 2010, 10:43 am

Its gonna be alot of effort if we have to edit every single quote
sfifer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky-Leigh May 7th 2010, 1:39 pm

~Audrey~ wrote:

Click on SAVE

Done

Thanks very much for this, I wouldn't have had a clue how to do it otherwise x
Vicky-Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky-Leigh May 7th 2010, 1:42 pm

eek wrote:
honeybee wrote:
sfifer wrote:
~Audrey~ wrote:

Click on SAVE

Done

eg

Thanks for the tip and good suggestion indeed. It however still does not resolve the problem. Here's to hoping for a solution at soonest! I dearly miss my quote boxes!

Me too! So do my members!lol
I actually thought that someone was looking at my board last night as it went down for about an hour, but nothing seems to have changed when I logged back into it this morning?! Is this is a bigger problem than first thought?x
Vicky-Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 7th 2010, 1:52 pm

Vicky, the techs are aware of this, and it is a problem that is most defiantly in their 'top priority' list. As for how 'big' it is, it's unknown, as none of us have contact with the techs Wink

What's weird is, it's actually working right for me here on the support forum, but not on some other forums Quote Function Not Functioning - Page 2 Dawa_
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 May 7th 2010, 2:23 pm

Yes here works fine for me too but not in my forum or others Crying or Very sad
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wor Wonton May 7th 2010, 4:58 pm

What i have noticed, the phpbb3 forums are messed up when using Internet Explorer, but look ok using Firefox or Opera but the quotations don't work properly on any of the web browsers.
I use Firefox and my forum is still messed up. I advised my members to use different colors to quote and will await the fix.

But so far...our quote buttons are still wonky.

Thanks everyone for good advice.

As for disabling the quote button, I am hesitant because I have no idea if it will be easy to fix once this problem is fixed.
Wor Wonton

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa May 7th 2010, 5:19 pm

I have just asked my forum members to be patient and NOT USE QUOTE.
This way we can continue using the forum pretty normally, except for the very huge space the former quotes take up - a lot of scrolling is needed lol!
caysa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m May 7th 2010, 8:00 pm

Oh dear, my forum is still messed up and it's Friday. It looks like we will have a whole weekend of this problem then. Uh oh!
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by leamarieuk May 7th 2010, 8:33 pm

[quote="Wor Wonton"]

As for disabling the quote button, I am hesitant because I have no idea if it will be easy to fix once this problem is fixed.

You will only need to click the button again to allow quotes, there is no messing with coding Smile
leamarieuk
Forumember

http://www.psfcforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener May 7th 2010, 8:43 pm

When will Typlo get to work to solve this...? It's been 2 days already and we have had no answer so far!
TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next