The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quote Function Not Functioning

+57
disco biscuit
Lupercal
Shadow
KingOfSports
Ape
quadtrax
Dave247
psjamie
mahdinafisi
mangal
h0lmes
eraserhead
oggbad
juliet
SixenSix
tony_h
boywonder
SweetMysty
Rogo
badger
Rapsheba555
Master Marc
CoreyM
Rok
Kuro L Lawliet
Rammstein
4hams
WHITESABBATH
Wor Wonton
Maki1
Keltic
Sergei Meranov
~Audrey~
OCDism
efbe
caysa
kirk
boithok.admin
Tamsker
lindamarie
leamarieuk
The Co=Ordinator
eek
honeybee
Darren1
matt_m
rblatch
sfifer
Soldatay
outlaw105w
MrMario
axet
Armaghgeddon
Vicky-Leigh
RoxyChick
TheListener
HotParadox
61 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Solved Quote Function Not Functioning

Post by HotParadox May 5th 2010, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

My forum is messing up. The quote function is not working properly and my settings are correct. This is the standard quote function that I am talking about (I have not enabled the mult-quote function nor do I wish to at this time).
Here I have copied and pasted the way quotes are being displayed on my forum today. My response to the grumpy pilot is "test":

the grumpy pilot wrote:
Is there something going on with the forums and posts from yesterday? The posts are appearing without the quotes, instead it says so and so said: etc., I can't tell who said what or who is quoting who or who is posting and responding. And I can't even see the posts from the second page except one at the top of the keeping in touch thread?????? I tried two different browsers as well....explorer and firefox. And onthe posts that have been quoated, our avatars are appearing in the middle of the posts and not over on the right side of the page. Anyone else having these issues?
test
Here is the link to my forum showing the above quote:
http://chitchatlounge.forummotion.com/general-chit-chat-f1/welcome-chit-chat-newbies-forum-user-problems-or-questions-ask-me-for-help-here-t2.htm#286

I would appreciate your kind help in this matter. Thanks,
HotParadox/Admin

Last edited by Sanket on May 15th 2010, 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Only Topic ~ MrMario)
HotParadox

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quote Function Not Functioning

Post by MrMario May 9th 2010, 6:03 pm

Darren and I have said about two or three times. Forumotion is not working till tomorrow and there is nothing that can be done till then. ziods and I have forward this problem to Typlo and to the techs. Typlo or someone else from the staff will let you know what is happening.

We are sorry for all this trouble.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by boywonder May 9th 2010, 6:54 pm

been following this thread same problem but i aint doing nothing as we all know often these things get sorted come time if it cant be fixed am sure we shall get told

i shall wait patiently to see what comes of this

Thanks to all the forumotion team who put in time and hard work as am sure we all know computers can be a headache

cheers

boywonder
boywonder
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams May 9th 2010, 10:25 pm

MrMario wrote:Darren and I have said about two or three times. Forumotion is not working till tomorrow and there is nothing that can be done till then. ziods and I have forward this problem to Typlo and to the techs. Typlo or someone else from the staff will let you know what is happening.

We are sorry for all this trouble.
This is not an issue that arose during the weekend, it started last wednesday. Why are the powers that be taking the weekend off when there is an issue this widespread that affects so many forums? Poor business practice if you ask me!
4hams
4hams
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 9th 2010, 10:44 pm

You will have to take that up with Typlo and ask why they don't work on the weekends when there is a problem. But before you ask I will tell you this. There is some kind of law at France that prevents some companies from working the weekend. I know that Forumotion did work the weekend because there was server problems for at least two weeks.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok May 10th 2010, 4:17 am

Just think about it guys, the new Quote and Code features might look very decent. The new Spoiler update is great, and I like the fact that the spoiler doesn't close anymore when you click in the middle of the spoiler. It makes copying codes inside spoilers a lot easier!

Everyone, just make a simple announcement on your forum stating that the Spoiler, Quote, and Code features are currently under management and that they shall be up and running properly tomorrow or sometime this upcoming week.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Keltic May 10th 2010, 11:01 am

I think everyone needs to rem that these are free boards that provide great service, if you want 24/7 response then you need to pay for it with a premium host.
As Rok said just put up an announcement and disable the functions
Keltic
Keltic
Forumember

Male Posts : 58

http://generation8gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee May 10th 2010, 11:58 am

Keltic wrote:I think everyone needs to rem that these are free boards that provide great service, if you want 24/7 response then you need to pay for it with a premium host.
As Rok said just put up an announcement and disable the functions

Quote Function Not Functioning - Page 4 Blush15 They did this on our board... just I am so used to using quotes, admin spend their lives fixing the thread up.. Otherwise the members scroll and scroll
Sure there will be good news soon . I will keepQuote Function Not Functioning - Page 4 24fgyv10
Thanks again everyone
honeybee
honeybee
Forumember

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by tony_h May 10th 2010, 12:45 pm

I think ye provide a wonderful service and if this is the extent of the problems on a FREE board then I will be more than happy with that Quote Function Not Functioning - Page 4 Whistle

I'm sure ye are working very hard on it guys and it will be fixed when it is fixed!!!!! Thanks
tony_h
tony_h
Forumember

Male Posts : 245

http://www.honda-haven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boithok.admin May 10th 2010, 2:38 pm

I have been following this thread from the time this problem surfaced. But this post is only to say that we love the dedication of the forumotion guys! I have already announced to my board members not to use these functionalities now. And all my board members are pretty hopeful that this problem will be fixed very soon. We are with you, Forumotion! banana

regards,
boithok.admin
boithok.admin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc May 11th 2010, 3:07 am

~Audrey~ wrote:
Master Marc wrote:It appears that the forum's appearance isn't the only problem. ( spoilers, code box, things that can be fixed a little with CSS )

There are a few other issues. ( security related ) I've reported it to Nessa already.

If this issue is pending, then I'll have to close down my forum until this is fixed because I don't think anyone is aware of it on my forum...

What kind of security issues????????????????????????????? Shocked
It allows others to access administration accounts on forums easily, TT

I guess Nessa isn't going to read my private message soon, so I'll forward it to Luky.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Audrey~ May 11th 2010, 3:13 am

Master Marc wrote:
~Audrey~ wrote:
Master Marc wrote:It appears that the forum's appearance isn't the only problem. ( spoilers, code box, things that can be fixed a little with CSS )

There are a few other issues. ( security related ) I've reported it to Nessa already.

If this issue is pending, then I'll have to close down my forum until this is fixed because I don't think anyone is aware of it on my forum...

I guess Nessa isn't going to read my private message, so I'll forward it to Luky.

That's odd, I just tried it on my forum logged in as my tester and I couldn't access the admin panel.
~Audrey~
~Audrey~
Forumember

Female Posts : 30

http://www.dollcollectorsworldwide.com

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee May 11th 2010, 8:59 am

Morning just checking in for any updates.. Oi I so miss the quote button.
Understandably it must be a huge problem, something I have just taken for granted
honeybee
honeybee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sfifer May 11th 2010, 9:03 am

I think we all took Forumotion for granted, thanks guys for working to fix this problem
sfifer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SixenSix May 11th 2010, 11:02 am

I don't know if this problem is related, but today our "New Posts" option doesn't work either.....keeps saying: "General error - could not get board options"....says the same thing when we try the "Todays active topics". Our site is pretty busy (average of 200 posts a day) and without these options it's just impossible to keep up Sad

Hope U guys find a solution to these probs soon cheers
SixenSix

Language : English, Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldatay May 11th 2010, 11:45 am

Hi Guys,

Im just curious to have a a techs feedback or ETA I know you gusy are working on the problem and i Love forumotion but if you could just give us a little bit of feedback would be cool...

Thanks for providing a great service guys and keep it up

Thanks
Soldatay
Soldatay
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sfifer May 11th 2010, 11:48 am

SixenSix wrote:I don't know if this problem is related, but today our "New Posts" option doesn't work either.....keeps saying: "General error - could not get board options"....says the same thing when we try the "Todays active topics". Our site is pretty busy (average of 200 posts a day) and without these options it's just impossible to keep up Sad

Hope U guys find a solution to these probs soon cheers

Mine too, although i doubt its from the same issue

Is there an Only Topic for it?
sfifer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet May 11th 2010, 1:01 pm

Ι have exactly the same problem, thankfully our site is brand new but this is an awful problem http://vampireknight.all-up.com/ that's the link, hopefully it will be fixed soo, thank you.
juliet

Language : greek

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa May 11th 2010, 8:09 pm

One of my members, who has been away for quite some time, returned today. She uses IE and XP as I do and SHE SEES NO PROBLEMS blackeye
Can it be possible that all we who have been online recently have got some bug through the forums????

I might be totally wrong of course - but I don't know what would explain this??
caysa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 11th 2010, 9:06 pm

Master Marc wrote:
~Audrey~ wrote:

I guess Nessa isn't going to read my private message soon, so I'll forward it to Luky.

Well i like to know what thats all about.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by oggbad May 12th 2010, 12:09 am

Any danger of this post being explained instead of being just being hinted at?
oggbad
oggbad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe May 12th 2010, 2:09 am

Soldatay wrote:Hi Guys,

Im just curious to have a a techs feedback or ETA I know you gusy are working on the problem and i Love forumotion but if you could just give us a little bit of feedback would be cool...

Thanks

I'm a little dissapointed, it's been 1 week now and no feedback.... Quote Function Not Functioning - Page 4 Mouais
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Audrey~ May 12th 2010, 3:42 am

efbe wrote:
Soldatay wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks

I'm a little dissapointed, it's been 1 week now and no feedback.... Quote Function Not Functioning - Page 4 Mouais

I'm usually the perpetual optimist but I'm even getting a little annoyed at this point.
~Audrey~
~Audrey~
Forumember

Female Posts : 30

http://www.dollcollectorsworldwide.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro L Lawliet May 12th 2010, 11:21 am

Erm... My members begin to complain a lot about this... Actually when this'll be repaired? TT
Kuro L Lawliet
Kuro L Lawliet
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by eraserhead May 12th 2010, 12:22 pm

Can anyone give us an update on this please? It has been broken for a week now.
I keep seeing referrals to the 'techs' but what did they say about this problem?
eraserhead
eraserhead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee May 12th 2010, 1:37 pm

Would be kind of the techs to give an update. I keep slipping up and useing the quotes, through habit and it knocks the whole thread out for the other members
honeybee
honeybee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITESABBATH May 12th 2010, 3:54 pm

honeybee wrote:Would be kind of the techs to give an update. I keep slipping up and useing the quotes, through habit and it knocks the whole thread out for the other members
disabling the quote button should fix that "force of habit". worked for me. Smile
WHITESABBATH
WHITESABBATH
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
Language : English, F-Bombs

Back to top Go down

Post by h0lmes May 12th 2010, 5:30 pm

Mine is messed up too Sad

floridafocus.org
h0lmes

Back to top Go down

Post by lindamarie May 12th 2010, 7:53 pm

Disabling the quote button would work but only if you change the advanced editor as well. You have disable the quick reply box as there is a quote option there as well. Everyone keeps asking me when this might be resolved. I don’t know what to tell them since we are getting no feedback. I think the members here deserve an answer as to what is the problem and how long until it is resolved.

Last edited by lindamarie on May 12th 2010, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
lindamarie
lindamarie
Forumember

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 12th 2010, 8:08 pm

I am really sorry for not having the news for you but I don't have any news to pass out from Typlo, so I am in the same hole as you guys. I did send him a message again to see whats up.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by mangal May 12th 2010, 10:55 pm

ok, have a look into this /other-problems-f46/quotes-messing-up-threads-t69716.htm#449517.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b][url=www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mangal

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next