The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain

3 posters

Go down

Solved Domain

Post by cristinalelia January 17th 2012, 9:27 am

Hello,
I want to ask you how can I change the domain name used for create a free forum?
I subscribe to this
http://cris.forumieren.com/
I have my own domain in domain.com, but I don`t know how to move the forum there.
Thank you
cristinalelia
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Domain

Post by User83 January 17th 2012, 12:36 pm

Hi there,

First, you need to get the CNAME management of your domain, from your provider. Then, in the admin panel of your domain name, you have to edit the host informations (your forum's address, I supposed) and choose a CNAME record. Wait 12 to 24 hours for the update of the informations and don't forget to change your domain name on forumotion's admin panel :
General > Forum > Forum Address > Personnalized domain name and insert the URL of your personnalized domaine name (without http:// !!!)
User83
User83
Forumember

Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 19th 2012, 10:46 am

_PAMINA wrote:Hi there,

First, you need to get the CNAME management of your domain, from your provider. Then, in the admin panel of your domain name, you have to edit the host informations (your forum's address, I supposed) and choose a CNAME record. Wait 12 to 24 hours for the update of the informations and don't forget to change your domain name on forumotion's admin panel :
General > Forum > Forum Address > Personnalized domain name and insert the URL of your personnalized domaine name (without http:// !!!)

Hello again,
I ask help from support team domain.com, where my domain is. They told me that I cannot ask for CNAME management because I use dynamic IP..... What should I do in this case? Now, I put a link to forum on my website(http://cristina-yarnworld.com/), but I like to integrate the forum on my domain.....
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 21st 2012, 2:21 pm

Can somebody help me please? I do not know anymore what to do. I cannot understand how to configure DNS management on my domain, I don`t know that the error message mean:''The supplied domain name is not well configured
Your CNAME must redirect to : yarn-with-love.forumieren.com"
I have a CNAME from my host but in vane. Help me !
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 24th 2012, 11:31 am

cristinalelia wrote:
They told me that I cannot ask for CNAME management because I use dynamic IP.....

Hello cristinalelia Hello

Your forum doesn't use dynamic IP and, anyway, the CNAME have to redirect to your forum's URL and not to the IP... Smile
I guess you'll have to see it with your provider.

It's not a DNS management that you need, just CNAME and it seems that the CNAME isn't configured Confused
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16208
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 24th 2012, 11:58 am

Sorry,I really don`t understand anything about this. I have a CNAME that my host provide me, but when I put this on request for change domain, I have always this message :
Error
The supplied domain name is not well configured
Your CNAME must redirect to : yarn-with-love.forumieren.com

I will attach how the settings for subdomain "forum" in my domain are. Domain Domain
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 24th 2012, 12:12 pm

I'm sorry, but we can't see anything on this screenshot. Can you send a screenshot that we can read more clearly please ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 24th 2012, 12:16 pm

[img]Domain Domainforum[/img]
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 24th 2012, 12:40 pm

Ok, thanks !

First of all, the CNAME configuration is false. Delete what is written in CNAME line and bring your forum's URL instead (cris.forumieren.com).

And you should delete the MX and NS line too, just in case...

Click update and wait for about an hour to set it in your forum too Wink

Last edited by Leeloo on January 25th 2012, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 24th 2012, 12:45 pm

I do what you told me, and I have this error:
Update failed
Our system was unable to update the following domains. This may be a temporary outage, please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact our customer support here.

CRISTINA-YARNWORLD.COM: Subdomain has bad characters: http://cris

I re-write without http://, and seems to be ok. I will wait to see what's going on, and I will let yoy know. Thank you so much Leeloo !!!!!!

Edit: If I changed few das ago the address from cris.forumieren.com to yarn-with-love.forumieren.com , in CNAME should I put the new one or cris.forumieren.com?

So, after 2 hours the same error message when I try to change forum address
"The supplied domain name is not well configured
Your CNAME must redirect to : yarn-with-love.forumieren.com"

I will attach again the settings on subdomainThe supplied domain name is not well configured Your CNAME must redirect to : yarn-with-love.forumieren.com

[img]Domain Dns[/img]

Last edited by cristinalelia on January 24th 2012, 3:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Asking something else)
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 25th 2012, 10:04 am

Hello Hello

Our technical analysis shows that nothing has changed about the CNAME, it still points to the IP address and not to the forum's URL.

In clear, The CNAME forum.cristina-yarnworld.com must redirect to yarn-with-love.forumieren.com (so the new address of course, sorry I've missed this change) and not to an IP address.

If you still can't manage this, you'll have to see this with your provider, because we can't have hand on it. Forumotion also offers the possibility to buy domain name, it can be a solution to be more helped and to take full advantage of using a domain name Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 25th 2012, 10:08 am

I cannot understand what I`m doing wrong. I attach in the previous post the settings for subdomain forum-cristinayarnworld.com, and the CNAME is yarn-with-love.forumieren.com.
I bought this domain until 2014, so I really don`t want another one, my online shop is there.
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by User83 January 25th 2012, 10:25 am

cristinalelia wrote:I cannot understand what I`m doing wrong. I attach in the previous post the settings for subdomain forum-cristinayarnworld.com, and the CNAME is yarn-with-love.forumieren.com.
I bought this domain until 2014, so I really don`t want another one, my online shop is there.

Please delete the "www." before your forum's URL Wink
That's the mistake I saw on your last screenshot. That should be fine then... (I hope so thumleft )
User83
User83
Forumember

Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 25th 2012, 10:36 am

It`s not www there......[img]Domain Subdomain[/img]
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 25th 2012, 10:57 am

As I said before, we can only give you advice and guidance, but we can't do more because we don't have hand on it. Only your provider does Wink

I'm sorry Sad I would be happy to help you to solve your issue.

Here's a screenshot of the checks that proves that nothing has changed, your CNAME still redirect to an IP address. Maybe you can send it to your provider's support and they will tell you more ? Good luck Smile
Domain 2012-010
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 25th 2012, 11:02 am

Thank you so much ! I will try to ask them
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cristinalelia January 26th 2012, 9:12 am

Hello again,
I contact customer service of my domain, and here is the answer:
"Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

We are very confused on what you are trying to accomplish . We will try our best to reply to the emails you have sent us.

The only thing we know about the domain cristina-yarnworld.com is the domain is pointed to the following name servers at this time which we do not control.

ns2.santu.com
ns1.santu.com

If you trying to forward the domain name cristina-yarnworld.com to another URL you do not want to use a CNAME record, instead you will want to use URL forwarding however the domain name cristina-yarnworld.com is pointed to the above name servers at this time which we do not control.

We currently only handle the domain registration for cristina-yarnworld.com therefore we would recommend speaking with your current hosting provider and see how they can help you with your configuration at this time.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. "

What should I do?
cristinalelia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 26th 2012, 12:08 pm

Hello cristinalelia Hello

I can only say how it works because, as I said before, we can't do it for you, only your provider does.

The CNAME forum.cristina-yarnworld.com must point to your forum's URL.

What your provider's trying to tell you is they gave you access to a domain name, but now they can't handle it and manage the CNAME scratch ... So I suggest you to change provider.

Hope you'll solve your issue Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down