The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3

4 posters

Go down

Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3 Empty Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3

Post by runawayhorses March 15th 2012, 10:48 pm

The problem is where the facebook like button is on the far right column where widgets go, and when the "Like" button is clicked the place where you leave a message The "flyout" is clipped or completely hidden when the button is clicked because of the right column where the widgets are and where this "Like" button is the overflow property is Hidden.

My question is where in the CSS stylesheet addresses the far Right column (I think that would be column 3) where I can change the overflow property to a value other than hidden, such as visible, scroll, or auto.

In my widget management section of admin panel it calls it column 3, that is where the "Like button is, however in the stylesheet it does not mention a column 3, but it does mention a column1 and column2.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3 Empty Re: Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3

Post by kirk March 16th 2012, 2:28 am

do you have screen shots or the link to the page so we can take a look.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3 Empty Re: Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3

Post by runawayhorses March 16th 2012, 3:44 am

You have to be a member of the forum to see the "Like" link but right now the link is not there because the flipout (pop-up) window can not open entirely because the side inner border of the forum won't allow it to open so I removed it for now until I can get the forum side panel width issue fixed. So I can't take a screen shot right now, but I can try to explain better what I mean.

Let me explain it like this. See the widgets on the right-hand side of this forum? Ok now that is where my "Like" button was, and when it was clicked the flipout screen that opens so you can write a message can not display because the width of the column is way to narrow. The flipout screen is trying to open to the "left" side (towards you reaching to the middle of the screen). It can't open because the overflow property of the side panel is Hidden and consequently the flipout screen is cutoff or "clipped".

Thanks Kirk I know you're good at these things if you understand what is being asked.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko March 17th 2012, 2:22 pm

Hi!

Do you mean something like this?
Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3 Red10

Friendly, Mr. Green
Niko
Niko
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 3108
Language : English, Italian, French

https://www.fmcodes.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses March 17th 2012, 11:11 pm

No nothing like that. The "Like" pop-out screen gets clipped not the message on the forum. Only the "like" pop-out screen gets clipped, everything else is fine. It gets clipped trying to open inward towards the center of the screen.

My final analysis of this situation here in the unfruitful effort to make people understand what I mean leads me to the inevitable conclusion that they are not aware of facebooks "New" Like button. Its not like the old "Like" button that you just click and that's it, that one is fazing out and right now it is useless for posting on facebooks "Timeline". The old "Like" buttons will not and can not post a link to the timeline because it doesn't have the capability to leave a message with the link. Facebook requires that now even on the new "Like" buttons. If you don't leave a message it doesn't get shared on the timeline, it only gets put in your personal "Activity Log". No Message=No Timeline. The new "Like" buttons have a pop-out screen where you write a message before you send the link to facebook. Facebook obviously does not want anymore links getting posted to timelines unless they come with a message or 'explanation' as to what the link is. Therefore they created a new "Like" button which forumotion is obviously not aware of, and consequently has not made provisions for facebooks new "Like" button to be implemented into the side panel as widgets of the forums. They are in essence outdated to the social networking powerhouse facebook. Ironic considering they are in the forum business that is about "Communication".

Well the bottom like for me is I have abandoned the facebook "Like" button for use on the forum and have installed a small toolbar from "AddThis" that has facebook message capabilities, and they are posted on the timeline provided you leave a message, twitter, and other social websites all in one application. That is working fine on the forum because the pop-outs open a new window unlike facebooks new "Like" button that doesn't open a new window it opens a fly-out screen. So forumotion side panel "panel3? can handle that.

Last edited by runawayhorses on March 17th 2012, 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 17th 2012, 11:16 pm

It would help if you post a screenshot of what you are trying to explain.

Facebook "Like" button on Forum right-side Column 3 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down