The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about

+2
Jellydonut
Equal
6 posters

Go down

Do you agree?

Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Left1140%Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Right11 40% 
[ 2 ]
Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Left1160%Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Right11 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Empty Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about

Post by Equal April 25th 2012, 2:59 pm

Despite the extremely long title, it is descriptive. Razz

I think it would be great to be able to receive private messages to be reminded that someone has recently posted on that thread. A little text link at the top right corner of the original post (on any forum) could say "Notify me via PM when a reply is posted" would be a great addition to the forum.

Questions or queries about my suggestion? Be sure to ask and I'll be sure to answer Wink

Thank you for your time, and please be sure to vote on the poll I set. Smile
Equal
Equal
Forumember

Male Posts : 81
Language : English, German

Back to top Go down

Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Empty Re: Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about

Post by Jellydonut April 26th 2012, 12:46 am

It's a good idea, but looking at my subscribed threads is good enough for me.
Voted yes.
Jellydonut
Jellydonut
Forumember

Female Posts : 572
Language : English

http://www.googlesclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Empty Re: Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about

Post by Equal April 26th 2012, 8:16 am

Jellydonut wrote:It's a good idea, but looking at my subscribed threads is good enough for me.
Voted yes.

Thank you Smile
Equal
Equal
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 26th 2012, 9:24 am

Voted no because there is only a way to be notified if someone posted in a topic you are watching. Also your private message inbox will fill up quick.

Last edited by slg on April 26th 2012, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Receive PM notifications for topics you've selected to be reminded about Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Equal April 26th 2012, 10:05 am

slg wrote:Voted notbecause there is only a way to be notified if someone posted in a topic you are watching. Also your private message inbox will fill up quick.

Not if you don't choose to receive PM notifications.

Well, it doesn't even need to be Pm notifications. they could make a separate panel for PM notifications. Smile
Equal
Equal
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa April 29th 2012, 9:40 pm

Voted no because the same reasons that " slg" gave.

An option like that already exists, but for email, not for PMs.

If this would be applied to PMs, the PM box would be filled really soon.

invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 964
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 29th 2012, 9:49 pm

I think EMail notifications is enough, voting no. Sorry.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 21st 2013, 12:14 pm

Suggestion for your forum(section) clean up!

(21/12/13)
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down