The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ads keep pop in topics

+3
Darren1
kirk
S-t-e-v-e-
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved ads keep pop in topics

Post by S-t-e-v-e- June 13th 2012, 11:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

i have paid to remove all ads off my forum it been reported to me word ads has been popping up in members posts you know the ads with double underline words.

i paid over £80 to remove ads this shouldn't be happening.

Last edited by S-t-e-v-e- on June 15th 2012, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: ads keep pop in topics

Post by S-t-e-v-e- June 14th 2012, 11:18 pm

runawayhorses wrote:Well then the answer for you is a simple one. Suggest they start reading computer forums and educate themselves on how to fix 'there' problem. Its not your problem or forumotion, its there problem for not protecting there computers as a result of not knowing about the computers vulnerabilities to spyware and viruses.

if all admin acted in this way they wouldn't many members on their forum... maybe that why i have a pretty big forum Wink for a dog forum
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses June 14th 2012, 11:45 pm

You have a big forum because you don't tell them the truth? I beg to differ, honesty is always the best policy. If you want to sugarcoat it and pretend that you believe they are computer savvy and its not there fault just to keep your members happy, that will be your undoing. Your members computers could eventually crash from all the spyware and viruses they get and they won't be able to visit your forum anymore. You should try to help them by telling them the truth. The truth is they need to learn how to protect there computers. How many members you manage to have will become irrelevant when they can't get online.

Now that is all I'm going to say on this subject in this topic, I tried to give you some advice and you can take it or leave it. I'm done here in this topic. There are other members that need help that I would like to focus my attention to.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- June 15th 2012, 12:52 am

what are you talking about?

i'm trying to help them, you telling it's not my problem then next talking double dutch...

please don't tell me how to run forums i have been doing it for years every forum i have made i have 1000s of member and 100,000s posts...

please do not post in any of my post again if you not willing to help.

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses June 15th 2012, 1:22 am

I have every right to post in any thread you post in. I was trying to help but you insist on burying your head in the sand and not confront you members with the problem. You don't want to upset anyone with the truth. I told you that telling them the truth will help them resolve there problems.

I would not attempt to tell you Steve how to run your forum, if you want to post 1000 pictures in one post and then complain that your background cuts off in firefox and your solution to the problem is to start using chrome without any reguard to your members browser they use that is yet another display of your wonderful forum experience you acquired from "doing it for years?

I am now officially done here in this topic.

Have a nice day, and to everyone I apologize for Steve's reaction to my attempt to help him out, I will refrain from helping him any farther.
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- June 15th 2012, 9:21 am

tell the truth? blackeye every time he post in my topic hes no help what so ever.

you can solved it i will look else where to help my members.

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 15th 2012, 2:41 pm

S-t-e-v-e- wrote:

you can solved it i will look else where to help my members.

Well leeloo has said it is nothing fiorumotion has in place.
So i have suggested all that i could.. It can be a lot of different things.

Like i said anything from a tool bar of some sort, or something that got in someones computer.
It could be something like a hidden exe file that came with a download, If the members are not getting anything in their scans then i would try a system restore. And like mentioned above you sometimes have to scan things with more then one virus protection.

You can find other free spyware that would also help find and detect things that other software may have missed.

Try super anti spyware.. for the free version it works well, I was able to rid my computer of things some of my other software did not detect. http://www.superantispyware.com/

But there is really no way of us knowing what it can be, i would have to be on the persons computer to understand and or find the problem.. All we can really do here is try to trouble shoot and make as many suggestions as possible.

If this was a forumotion issue then of course everything would be done to fix the problem even if a pro admin or tech had to get involved. But since it is not we can only guess and assume what the problem may be.

Anyway since the topic was marked solved i will now move to archives.
If i can think of anything else i will be sure to pm you.

Topic Solved & Locked
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2