The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin Approval after registering

4 posters

Go down

Admin Approval after registering  Empty Admin Approval after registering

Post by mz.jennifer September 2nd 2012, 1:24 am

Hello, I have just created a new forum and I would like to approve the person before they automatically become a member and start making post ect.

I went to Users & Groups/User Options/and Admin but Im not sure that is working

I had a someone register today I got 2 emails one that said New User Account check the details of the user and activate by following the link.. when clicking on that link i get a message that says no user exist

the other email says ( so in so has joined my forum click this link to view their profile ) I never got an option to approve them myself..
could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please and thank you
mz.jennifer

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Admin Approval after registering  Empty Re: Admin Approval after registering

Post by peace2u September 2nd 2012, 2:24 am

Actually I have trouble with my page telling me that the user name is taken but I am the only one (admin) registered. And concerning the activation page---my page isn't even working. There is a form page but nothing to click on to add a name to activate. So that would be my next problem as well---the activation page.
peace2u

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by peace2u September 2nd 2012, 2:47 am

I came up with this link...it helped me...hope it will help you

https://help.forumotion.com/t108552-members-can-t-register-because-names-are-always-taken?highlight=register

Peace...

[I just read the response to my post...also read response from an administrator letting someone else know to use the edit button instead of posting more than once (thank you SANQUET --msp)...) I have only been a member for two days and have had a forum for only two days...and also had not read anything before that time. This is very difficult for me to memorize everything in two day. I know you all work hard to help everyone..Thank you)

Last edited by peace2u on September 2nd 2012, 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a note and corrected spelling)
peace2u

Back to top Go down

Post by mz.jennifer September 2nd 2012, 2:51 am

thank you but that is not the problem I am having
mz.jennifer

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Rthera September 2nd 2012, 3:05 am

mz.jennifer wrote:thank you but that is not the problem I am having

Try this.

Administrator ACP > User Groups > Users options - Then look for this: "New accounts activation": check Admin.
Rthera
Forumember

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 2nd 2012, 3:40 pm

peace2u wrote:Actually I have trouble with my page telling me that the user name is taken but I am the only one (admin) registered. And concerning the activation page---my page isn't even working. There is a form page but nothing to click on to add a name to activate. So that would be my next problem as well---the activation page.

peace2u wrote:I came up with this link...it helped me...hope it will help you

https://help.forumotion.com/t108552-members-can-t-register-because-names-are-always-taken?highlight=register

Peace...

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

This is your second reminder.

Admin Approval after registering  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down