The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] My forum won't load

+144
SLGray
SNL-Krissy
504Heater
UKsLaVo
kathleenelsie
brigitte & mike
LH Justin
Elcee
Made
RadioHead
monique76
Poppie
cristinalelia
Razvan.
petros_7
WickedSoul
Ape
Yuzuru Otonashi
brale1
Jophy
koimaster
teller55
Ic3 Man
Mr. Eddster
saragosa
yorkiegirl
Tennisdude
PBulldog2
FromTheEarthToTheMorgue
Porschepower
Sonia_mi
Gonny
rohan aja
some1 with guns
sacerdotalisdei
Blissinator
runawayhorses
felicity4us2
Tsugaru
SA_Pliskin
perfectSTORM!
Kellycakes
Dontsellout@gmail.com
NuclearTreerat
{KL}EmoPig
Kayden
missing_mile_ghost
lh0103
David Stern
Juli Fabregas
anastas95
Mushkilla
gnoul
HogwartsAcademy
Rii SouL
RAtSoaDM
FireWhip
DK
Dampforum
Orbis Globvli
bokeeN
noko1
hbox
outlaw105w
wobblycaptain
Tonight
GreenFireflyGirl
xrisinkaa
Zeena
Algona
christien
19CenturyWBTS
Iirlane
tengo
kirkby1red
Horox
Nahtan-Syab
Zríny
dotdotdot
isims
intergallactic
TimV
Viktor 36
ElenaRPG
catela
tedyblue
Caroline
st0ne
Morielen
bramby
Kaya
DarMonkey
CindaLove
Ena.
tuneland
Devan
E-literoase
efbe
Toddseahawks
Kizomaru Hotaru
Hookah
TWIZTEDxDevil
dnsan2k11
Golden Shroom
The Estate
Kestrana
Aja Blue
plasticparadise
AussieXII
Zeef
auntielynds
bb0y
Darren1
Mrsig
cygmark
Sunnyko
toomanychoices
Dreik
jmalone
Rogerio
zippo933
Kirbyarm
paulpattonproductions
Mew Ami
Alex.
filias
MrEightThreeOne
butch
Tomer Aharonson
DJG-Scotland
Sanket
Senzu
Brianman23
Hardcore Gamer
NancyB
DustyBones
Nefadar
sweetwordss
SujuLoveNL
Zekaire
Swantewit
blackrose538
Shadow
viankova
148 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Solved [Only Topic] My forum won't load

Post by viankova October 12th 2012, 4:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi, my forum won't load, while another forum I'm member at loads.

This is the forum when it doesn't load.
Spoiler:

And this is the forum that loads.
Spoiler:

Made an Only Topic.

Please try this.

https://help.forumotion.com/t116016-thank-you-for-following-this-approach#758820

Hello,

The problem should be fixed now.

A DNS change has caused this problem. Now, the base DNS configuration has been restored.

Please clear your cache and cookies and check if this issue is fixed, as it should be.

If it's not, here are some different operations that can help to fix the issue :

• Close your browser
  • Reboot your Internet connection
  • Clear the DNS cache with an ipconfig/flushdns process (How to do this ?)
  • If that still doesn't work, save your current DNS info somewhere else and try to change temporarily your DNS for the DNS provided by Google (How to do this ?)

If after all these operations, you still have the loading issues, please provide us :

• The forum(s) concerned
  • A screenshot of the error message
  • Your ISP

Thank you very much to all of you for your patience Wink
viankova
viankova
Forumember

Female Posts : 138
Language : Sumen

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: [Only Topic] My forum won't load

Post by Shadow October 15th 2012, 5:35 pm

Hello,

If you're able to connect from another PC that proves that this is a cache issue on your computer or with your ISP.

Have you tried to reboot your modem several times ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 15th 2012, 6:01 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:Thanks, Ape. Your instructions are simple and easy to follow, and I thank you for that. I've already taken those steps, and I've been able to get on most of the morning. However, there have been a few periods during which I was unable to access any of our forums.
You are more then welcome, I try my best to give a fast and easy to read step by step list of what to do but some times the steps can still not help as some ISP's are not the same and there system may take longer to get our tech's updates. I also think that in time this problem will sort it self out when all the updates have been received by your IPS

PBulldog2 wrote:
Leeloo, you missed my point. It doesn't matter if I, the forum admin, have taken the steps. What matters is forum members are being expected to follow some pretty technical steps just so they can access their forums again. It may not sound technical or challenging to you, but please remember the instructions will sound like Greek to some of my members.

Just to point out PBulldog2 Leeloo is working hard to help us all with this problem she gets gave the fix from our tech team and then she will have to re wright this in English as she gets this in french. I for one know what a Paine in the butt this can be hard when trying to please everyone but it's a problem the staff here and in France are working hard to get fixed right away.
as leeloo has said the steps are from easy to hard and we know that your members and mine and maybe 1000's of others may find some of the steps hard to do this is why i have gave a easy to follow step list.

But as you know this may not fix the problem for everyone .. For that i am sorry but I'm no tech Wink

We Do try our best to help no matter what the problem is and i really hope you get your forums and members back to there 100% soon.

I would also like to say thank you to all the staff here for all there hard work and the tech team Wink
With out you our forums would not be here today.

Ape [Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Ascaso
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PBulldog2 October 15th 2012, 6:04 pm

Leeloo wrote:Hello,

If you're able to connect from another PC that proves that this is a cache issue on your computer or with your ISP.

Leeloo, how do we deal with the cache issue if it's an ISP problem?

Many of our locals have the same ISP. Some are able to connect, some aren't able to connect except through cell phones, and, as in my case, connection is intermittent on all devices for some.

Are you saying I should contact my ISP about this? If so, I will. Thanks.

Our ISP is Cox Communications in Pensacola, Florida.

We have one member who is threatening to throw his computer out the window. affraid
PBulldog2
PBulldog2

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead October 15th 2012, 6:09 pm

Thank you, my forum is working again Very Happy
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by PBulldog2 October 15th 2012, 6:10 pm

Thanks so much, Ape. And thank you, too, Leeloo.

All of this just goes to show how popular the forumotion forums are! I've tried several others, but I do like forumotion the best. That's part of the reason I've been so frustrated. bwi
PBulldog2
PBulldog2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 15th 2012, 6:14 pm

for phone users please reset your phone and you should have settings to clear your cache aswell.

To reset phones it should be as easy as taking the battery out the back of your phone and then putting it back in again.
this should re-boot your phones.

As for calling your ISP well there only give you steps we have gave here but they could help more by taking over your computer with remote access and change some settings.

[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Left1212[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Center11[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Right112
[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Ape_b110
[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lh0103 October 15th 2012, 6:20 pm

No...because the other pc uses the same (router) connection and have the same set up....
and the problem is on/off without me changing anything. And my members are having on/off login troubles as well.
lh0103
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lh0103 October 15th 2012, 9:14 pm

lh0103 wrote:

No...because the other pc uses the same (router) connection and have the same set up....
and the problem is on/off without me changing anything. And my members are having on/off login troubles as well.

And now, without doing anything, I am suddenly back on.....hope it stays that way for now Cool
lh0103
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ena. October 15th 2012, 9:53 pm

I'm frustrated... I have been like this all weekend.

I can't get on to anything, unless using a proxy.

I'm in Canada, not in Germany, as it will probably say I am in.

I have tried everything, all this ipconfig /flushdns and clearing everything and yet, still nothing, where I have friends who are just starting to get back on. But they live in US. I seriously need help.
Ena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi October 15th 2012, 10:14 pm

Is it common practice to just ignore people when they tell you that everything you've done failed, here?
Yuzuru Otonashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 15th 2012, 11:33 pm

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:Is it common practice to just ignore people when they tell you that everything you've done failed, here?

Please Note that our tech staff and main admin work from way over in France and are now out of the office until tomorrow morning. The tech staff have been working hard to get this problem fixed and we have gave a number of ways to help with getting you back to your forums and your members also,

I would ask you to try the ways we have gave once again and if you still have the problem please post the following info to @Leeloo here.
she will then in-turn send this info to our tech staff when she comes on tomorrow.

APE wrote:
An easy fix for most is to clear your cache
on the computers and a little reset of your modems should fix the
problem you may have to do this one or more times but this should work
for all your members.
[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Outils
Troubleshooting:

Reset of modems:
remove the power plug and wait 1 min and plug it back in wait 1 or 2 mins for the modem to re-boot.

Clear the cache:
How to - Clear the cache in FireFox/Internet Explore/Chrome

How to Tell your members:
Once
you have got in to your forum send a news letter with a copy of my
steps and then most if not all your members will get an Email.

Hope this helps you all

Ape [Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Ascaso

List of things we will need:
1, Screen shot of the error you get,
2, Forum URL with the problem.
3, Your ISP (internet service provider)
4, Browser you are using,
5, length of time your site has been down for,

Once @Leeloo has this info she can then pass this info on to our tech staff to look in to your problem some more.

As a helper here I am sorry you are still having a problem and I hope that your problem will be sorted out really soon.

From Your Friendly Helper Ape [Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Ascaso
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Made October 15th 2012, 11:44 pm

Forum: wordnerds.omgforum.net

PBulldog2 wrote: It doesn't matter if I, the forum admin, have taken the steps. What matters is forum members are being expected to follow some pretty technical steps just so they can access their forums again. It may not sound technical or challenging to you, but please remember the instructions will sound like Greek to some of my members.

I totally agree with PBulldog2. Not everyone knows about ISPs, DNS, etc.!

My members have been having log in problems on and off, independently to whether they followed the instructions you gave or not. Same happened to me. I didn't do anything and after two days, out of the blue, I could log in.

If this was a result of Forumotion changing servers DNS and are expecting them to propagate, why weren't we warned beforehand? It's not the first time major changes are implemented without properly informing forums' admins. If you did, you wouldn't have so many complaints and problems, IMO.

Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by zippo933 October 16th 2012, 12:23 am

Tried all the above suggestions and still no change. In fact, it's gotten worse which suggests it's not a problem on my end but still something with forumotion. -_-

The forum(s) concerned:
http://aetu.forumotion.com/, http://reverie.forumotion.net, http://darkreq.forumotion.com/

A screenshot of the error message
Loading Error; Chrome
Loading Error; Firefox
Broken Images; Chrome

Your ISP: Frontier

The images started not loading yesterday. If this was a problem on my end and I made no changes to my computer settings nothing should have changed with the images. They loaded fine on Saturday when I first couldn't log on to the above sites. Even this site tends to not load for me from time to time.
zippo933

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eddster October 16th 2012, 12:30 am

Thank you Forumotion, it worked. Smile
I had to go to the very last step which was changing my DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 but it worked! Thank you for finaly fixing this. Wink
Mr. Eddster
Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi October 16th 2012, 12:44 am

APE wrote:
Long post shortened to save space.
I've tried them three times. It doesn't matter how many times I do that method, it's not gonna fix anything.

At that, I was ignored after my post saying I'd tried it twice, for about 2 pages, despite you and Leeloo posting after that. I've already provided all of that information, whether here or in the original thread I posted, and I just keep getting told to resubmit info and do what you say again. This is ridiculous.
Yuzuru Otonashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 16th 2012, 1:19 am

I will get leeloo to read your post Yuzuru Otonashi And zippo933 leeloo will get back to you as soon as she gets in the office Tomorrow Wink

[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Left1212[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Center11[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Right112
[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Ape_b110
[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 13 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil October 16th 2012, 1:22 am

Screenshot:
Spoiler:
URL: http://psvmods.net , won't load. Only with proxy.
ISP: Centurylink
Browser: Chrome
Time has been down: 4 Days
TWIZTEDxDevil
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman23 October 16th 2012, 2:18 am

Does anyone else think that forumotion doesn't seem to like to believe that problems might be on their end and not ours?
Brianman23
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Elcee October 16th 2012, 3:00 am

I haven't read every single post in this thread but so many of them seem to be instructions to forum owners because the forum owners can't log into their own forums. I haven't had that problem, so far at least, but members of my forum have had problems logging in since last Friday 12 Oct. So all the instructions to forum owners do not apply here because the fault can't be at the users end. If members from all over the world can't log into one forum then the fault is definately not at the user's end. It's at Forumotion's end. So it's up to Forumotion to first inform their members by email that there is a technical problem at the Forumotion end so that forum owners can then let their members know there is a problem.
Elcee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi October 16th 2012, 4:35 am

Elcee wrote:I haven't had that problem, so far at least, but members of my forum have had problems logging in since last Friday 12 Oct.
Which is when it screwed up for me, and I assume lots of other people as well.

I'm not a forum owner, I'm a member. It's doing the same to me on this forum, and every other forumotion forum, as cardgamecoalition.forumotion.com, the only one I actually frequent.

It's not a problem with me, or the singular sites/users, it's definitely a forumotion problem, on the whole.
Yuzuru Otonashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy October 16th 2012, 5:24 am

Hello,

We understand the frustration, as our administrator already mentioned, they are aware of the issues, if the above instructions provided by Leeloo or APE doesn't work, please wait for Leeloo to get back here, I'm sure she's not ignoring posts since you can see how hectic the situation is it now here on the support forum. Thank you for understanding.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin October 16th 2012, 5:34 am

This is a big mess. I cant access any Forumotion related resources. I'm having to type this from my phone. The problem is still not solved because a the sites are still down for a lot of people. Nothing will allow me to access Forumotion sites on my connection even after resetting everything.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte & mike October 16th 2012, 6:29 am

This is a huge mess. A huge mess that I really don't have much time for. I don't make any money off of my site and never have, yet I have a lot of members that I convinced to come here. Many of whom cannot log in...for days now. This needs to be resolved or we will find another site on which to give our patronage. It is alarming that while we view and click on your ad's, we are ignored and told it is a problem with our computers...even when it becomes a mass problem.

I finally came here after many days of issues. I assume the rest of us have too. Please do not brush us off.
brigitte & mike

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by rohan aja October 16th 2012, 8:50 am

I still can'nt open my forum.
my forum url is www.game-spots.co.cc
i try to clear all chace at mozila, chrome, and opera and still not worked.
i try to write flushdns an then try to open again, Still not worked.
what must i do???
rohan aja
rohan aja
Forumember

Male Posts : 124
Language : indonesia

http://www.game-spots.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 16th 2012, 11:28 am

Hello Hello

For the members who are still facing the problem :

I repeat that A DNS change has caused this problem. Now, the base DNS configuration has been restored (since more than 24 hours yet).

So, if you still can't access the service, it's because of a cache system.

Please try the following operation :

- Clear your cache and cookies
- Close your browser
- Reboot your modem

Some ISP are keeping the wrong DNS in their cache system. So please contact them to ask for a cache clearing if you still can't access the service.

Thanks a lot for your understanding Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi October 16th 2012, 12:04 pm

It's still not loading.

I've checked repeatedly. I've done what you said repeatedly. I've even tried multiple devices, tried my neighbor's wifi, and it's still not working.

It's not my computer, given my iPhone, iPad, and another computer were also incapable of connecting. It's not my router or modem, considering my neighbor's wifi had the same issue. It's a Forumotion issue. I've done everything you said multiple times to no avail.

And it's not my ISP, because it was fine until Friday, when everyone had the issues flare.
Yuzuru Otonashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elcee October 16th 2012, 12:16 pm

Leeloo wrote:Hello Hello

I repeat that A DNS change has caused this problem. Now, the base DNS configuration has been restored (since more than 24 hours yet).

- Close your browser
- Reboot your modem

Some ISP are keeping the wrong DNS in their cache system. So please contact them to ask for a cache clearing if you still can't access the service.

Are you telling us that we have to tell all our members to do this at their end. That just seems ridiculous to me. If hundreds of members of different forums are all having login problems, then it's not at the user end it's a Forumotion problem.
Elcee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 16th 2012, 12:20 pm

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:It's still not loading.

I've checked repeatedly. I've done what you said repeatedly. I've even tried multiple devices, tried my neighbor's wifi, and it's still not working.

It's not my computer, given my iPhone, iPad, and another computer were also incapable of connecting. It's not my router or modem, considering my neighbor's wifi had the same issue. It's a Forumotion issue. I've done everything you said multiple times to no avail.

And it's not my ISP, because it was fine until Friday, when everyone had the issues flare.

Nobody told you that it was your ISP bwi

Please read more carefully my last post.

In fact IF it's not solved for you despite of all the checking steps you tried (I remind that this is solved for most users), you need to ask to your ISP to clear their cache system.

Elcee wrote:
Leeloo wrote:Hello Hello

- Close your browser
- Reboot your modem

Are you telling us that we have to tell all our members to do this at their end. That just seems ridiculous to me. If hundreds of members of different forums are all having login problems, then it's not at the user end it's a Forumotion problem.

No, you're not forced to follow this process Smile
If you don't want to do so, please be patient and wait for the cache clearing.

I remind that this is caused by a cache which contained the wrong DNS.

Last edited by Leeloo on October 16th 2012, 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi October 16th 2012, 12:27 pm

Your English is seriously difficult to understand.

And by telling me I have to call my ISP to fix it, you ARE telling me its their fault.

But it can't be their fault when multiple devices and networks are rejecting the sites. With the exception of callin my ISP, I've done everything you said.

And, quite frankly, it doesn't matter if it worked for other users. It hasn't worked for me 3 times. As an administrator, or even a basic moderator, you shouldn't attempt to beat it into people's heads that your plan is flawless, when its obviously failing repeatedly.
Yuzuru Otonashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 16th 2012, 12:39 pm

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:Your English is seriously difficult to understand.

And by telling me I have to call my ISP to fix it, you ARE telling me its their fault.

But it can't be their fault when multiple devices and networks are rejecting the sites. With the exception of callin my ISP, I've done everything you said.

And, quite frankly, it doesn't matter if it worked for other users. It hasn't worked for me 3 times. As an administrator, or even a basic moderator, you shouldn't attempt to beat it into people's heads that your plan is flawless, when its obviously failing repeatedly.

I think that you don't have a problem with my English, but only a problem with the situation. Wink
I understand your frustration, but I can't do anything, I'm sorry.

From what I know, I've tried to bring you some help and some operations to get this issue fixed.
Now, the techs have fixed the DNS error since a long time. They can't do anything as well : the cache systems of each computer or each Internet connection are in cause.

So, there's no need to be rude or to try to say that this is a Forumotion issue. That will not help us to solve your problem faster. Sad
Yes it was a Forumotion issue, but now it's fixed. That's all we can tell you.

Thank you very much Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next