The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Usernames Taken

+3
some12
kirk
roflgregodwai
7 posters

Go down

In progress Usernames Taken

Post by roflgregodwai November 14th 2012, 8:09 pm

I'm trying to register an username on my forum but it keeps saying the username i am creating is already taken. I goto the member lists and there isn't any members except for Admin.

Can someone please help?
roflgregodwai

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Usernames Taken

Post by kirk November 14th 2012, 10:09 pm

roflgregodwai wrote:I'm trying to register an username on my forum but it keeps saying the username i am creating is already taken. I goto the member lists and there isn't any members except for Admin.

Can someone please help?

It is probably in the inactive members list, meaning the name was taken as a register user but the account was never active. So if it is the same person of who you are trying to register, then you can just activate the account, if not just delete it and you can then register that name again Very good
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by some12 November 15th 2012, 3:10 pm

Sorry to interrupt on someones post,but Kirk I believe this is a bug.Two days ago I made a new Forum,Admin only member. My wife tried to register error= Username already taken. No possible explanation other than being a bug.
some12
some12
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ShowStopper November 15th 2012, 7:39 pm

It's most likely that you have "Unauthorize subscriptions made with the most commonly used spam usernames" turned on. That will cause the error that you're talking about. Try turning it of by going in the Admin Panel, and from there; General; Forum; Security. The option to turn that on and off is right there. Turn it off, and it should solve your problem.
ShowStopper
Forumember

Female Posts : 68
Language : English | HTML | Javascript | CSS

http://heroesnetwork.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by forumadminewbie November 24th 2012, 1:26 am

some12 wrote:Sorry to interrupt on someones post,but Kirk I believe this is a bug.Two days ago I made a new Forum,Admin only member. My wife tried to register error= Username already taken. No possible explanation other than being a bug.
I believe this is what happened on my forum too. Someone wanted a pretty unusual username, but it said it already existed... At that time there were only 12 people registered...
forumadminewbie
forumadminewbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sozinho November 24th 2012, 1:43 am

I've seen that before but I solved that thingy and now forget how I did it. :/
Sozinho
Sozinho
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

http://appzxor.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 24th 2012, 8:13 am

ShowStopper wrote:It's most likely that you have "Unauthorize subscriptions made with the most commonly used spam usernames" turned on. That will cause the error that you're talking about. Try turning it of by going in the Admin Panel, and from there; General; Forum; Security. The option to turn that on and off is right there. Turn it off, and it should solve your problem.
Thats the solution for this problem.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down