Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+67
JennyorAlice
Draxion
Sienna
skouliki
Mimóza
Elementar
RyanPham
khabur330162
Caihlem
An
Kiyomizu
Take Notes
KpuCk0
Niko
Ellianna17
Kratos
Anzo
ANGrey
Angelo Andrei
Russel
Ape
Ace 1
DireGames
109190xmas
Sir. Mayo
Nemo
ShadesOfJay
_Twisted_Mods_
Worst Nightmare
Eugeo Igvalt
brandon_g
Ultron's Vision
darkgoku
Joost
Stephen-
Ramdaman
AngelaHolmes
Agent 86
kur0
TheCrow
Nicole GFA
RichDope
PunBBGR
01roby
Illest
remson
Tommy Lee
The Wicked Angel
Thor2
levy
JazeonX
Kiaraa
Ange Tuteur
Beyonder
Sir Chivas™
BlackScorpion
ddoesmc
TheShaka
Derri
SLGray
Jophy
Pizza Boi
RadioHead
Kite Trojan
Rhino.Freak
T.R24
Base
71 posters

Ask the staff (No support here)

Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Empty Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by Base Fri 4 Apr - 17:07

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

Members have suggested a topic where they can ask questions for the Forumotion Team. Here, you are free to ask questions and members of staff will answer them.

Please note that the staff reserves the right to refuse to answer any question that we deem as inappropriate. This topic will also be locked if things get out of hand. Thank you.

This is NOT a place to ask for support. All questions regarding support must be done in the appropriate sections.

Last edited by Base on Wed 7 May - 6:01; edited 1 time in total
    Angelo Andrei
    Angelo Andrei

Male Posts : 12
    Language : Romanian , English & German | HTML

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Empty Re: Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by Angelo Andrei Fri 18 Sep - 13:19

Leah7 wrote:That depends on who owns the images and icons that you are talking about. ^^ You should ask the owner to use his or her images.
    Aa.. Okey. Thanks you , @Leah7
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Empty Re: Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by Ange Tuteur Fri 18 Sep - 16:00

Ghost wrote:Which position did you like best?(Support Moderators, Managers, Forum Reviewers, Graphic Designers)
    I've always handled technical problems as a Support Mod, although back then I was less experienced. The only difference now is that I have a better knowledge of things and much more responsibility. Wink

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep - 19:34

Ange Tuteur wrote:
    Ghost wrote:Which position did you like best?(Support Moderators, Managers, Forum Reviewers, Graphic Designers)
    I've always handled technical problems as a Support Mod, although back then I was less experienced. The only difference now is that I have a better knowledge of things and much more responsibility. Wink
    @Staff, what makes you keep doing your jobs if you don't get paid?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51514
    Language : English

Post by SLGray Fri 18 Sep - 20:58

Ghost wrote:
    Ange Tuteur wrote:
    Why do people voluntary for anything to help others.  That is why I help by being on the staff team.

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep - 22:14

SLGray wrote:
    Ghost wrote:
    Ange Tuteur wrote:
    Why do people voluntary for anything to help others.  That is why I help by being on the staff team.
    What does the ban log-in screen look like?(When you try to login while banned)
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Fri 18 Sep - 22:43

I really do not know since I have never been ban from a forum hosted by Forumotion.

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep - 21:23

Do you think this topic will be stickied in the future? Also does PHPBB4 exist, and do you plan on upgrading your system to it?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g Wed 23 Sep - 21:28

Ghost wrote:Do you think this topic will be stickied in the future? Also does PHPBB4 exist, and do you plan on upgrading your system to it?

I am not a staff, but just had to answer this one as well. No, I do not believe there is a phpbb4, phpbb3 is the latest phpbb software, atleast as far as I know.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Wed 23 Sep - 22:32

I believe that they are working on phpBB 4, but it will be a long time before it is released.

Forumotion can only use phpBB 4 version if phpBB allows it to be used by other free host providers.

Ace 1
    Ace 1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 843
    Language : English - French?

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Empty Ange Tuteur

Post by Ace 1 Fri 2 Oct - 19:28

Do you pronounce your name like in an english style or a french style

Angé Tutèr

Or Angie Tutor
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
    Language : English, Filipino

Post by Russel Sat 3 Oct - 3:45

I think your question is something related here. Also, you can ask him anything in Ask the Staff topic. Thanks. Smile
    ANGrey
    ANGrey
    Forumember

Female Posts : 400

Post by ANGrey Sat 3 Oct - 4:12

Are you all volunteers, or are any of you actual employees of forumotion?

Is Forumotion even a company?
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Post by Russel Sat 3 Oct - 5:01

Calιbuяn wrote:Are you all volunteers, or are any of you actual employees of forumotion?

Yes, I believe English Support Forum Managers, Support Moderator, Designers and Reviewers are all volunteer staffs.

Forumotion is a French company based in France. But according to the discussion in this topic, there is a building but not called Forumotion.
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur Sat 3 Oct - 7:12

In French, of course.

I think the only tricky part when reading it as English is "Ange" but to simplify it you could start with "Awn" and end with French "je" ; Awn + je, or if you already know how to say rouge you'll have no problem with the end..

This might help better though, because I'm not great at explaining pronunciation. Razz
    http://www.larousse.fr/dictionnaires/francais/ange
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Sat 3 Oct - 13:29

Calιbuяn wrote:Are you all volunteers, or are any of you actual employees of forumotion?
    Yes, except for Buttercup and The GodFather.

Post by Guest Sat 3 Oct - 13:35

SLGray wrote:
    They must be special Smile @SLGray, what made you go for Forumotion, out of all the forum-providers?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Sat 3 Oct - 13:37

Ghost wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    They must be special Smile @SLGray, what made you go for Forumotion, out of all the forum-providers?
    Forumotion is easier to use.  The administration panel is organized in a way that you understand it easier than other providers.

Post by Guest Sat 3 Oct - 14:00

SLGray wrote:
    Ghost wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    Forumotion is easier to use.  The administration panel is organized in a way that you understand it easier than other providers.
    What tv shows do you like to watch?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray Sat 3 Oct - 14:17

Ghost wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    Ghost wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    British comedies mostly.

P.S.  Buttercup and The GodFather are employees of the company.

Post by Guest Sat 3 Oct - 19:53

SLGray wrote:
    Ghost wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    Ghost wrote:
    SLGray wrote:
    British comedies mostly.

P.S.  Buttercup and The Godfather are employees of the company.
    Admins work in France, right? Also why can't "Managers" be changed to "Moderators"? They Moderate every section after all.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Sat 3 Oct - 20:08

SLGray wrote:

You forgot about the techs as well.. They are paid and work for the company. Razz
    Anzo
    Anzo
    Forumember

Language : English/Arabic

Post by Anzo Sat 3 Oct - 20:34

My question goes to @Ange Tuteur

How long have you being doing coding, and how hard was it to start from zero knowledge in this field back then?
    Russel
    Russel
    Active Poster

Post by Russel Sun 4 Oct - 0:31

Ghost wrote:Admins work in France, right? Also why can't "Managers" be changed to "Moderators"? They Moderate every section after all.
    Managers were Global Moderators before. The group was changed to Managers because they seem to manage their respective sections and lead the team as well. Yes, they moderate the entire support forum. Smile
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Post by Ange Tuteur Sun 4 Oct - 5:07

Anzo wrote:My question goes to @Ange Tuteur

How long have you being doing coding, and how hard was it to start from zero knowledge in this field back then?
    I started studying HTML around February 2013 and CSS later after that. Then for about a few months I practiced with HTML and CSS by modifying templates, making HTML pages, and designing themes.

Around November of that year I began studying JavaScript and unfortunately jQuery at the same time. ( doing that caused me to make MANY errors ) I didn't actually get into the native workings of JavaScript until May 2014, and after that I've been studying and improving since. I say the best practice is to take on personal projects and read up on things a second time you're not sure about. Oooh.. and don't be afraid to fail, it happens plenty of times and is the only way you'll learn to do something right. Razz

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 21:46

@Ange Tuteur, what made you become interested in becoming a member of the Forumotion team? Also if you had a chance to become a Reviewer, would you do it?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Sat 7 Nov - 9:52

Anyone else have anymore questions for us Razz.

I figure its time for a revive of this topic. Very Happy

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Male Posts : 328

Post by Kratos Mon 9 Nov - 18:00

@Brandon_g, were you ever a Forum Reviewer in the past?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g Mon 9 Nov - 18:12

No sir I was not. Atleast not an official staff reviewer. While I was member/helper I did write a couple reviews (2 so far) but thats all. Between school and work I don't really have time to write alot of reviews and stuff. My main contributions have been in the support section. I have been a member here for awhile, this position as a Support Moderator is the only staff position I have ever held.

-Brandon

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19354
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Mon 9 Nov - 21:38

Anonymous wrote:
    I can not say for all the other staff but i will answer this for my self
    I like to help out not just in the FM support forum but for lots of things
    My real job is a support worker for children and old people and i also work as a volunteer in a care home 3 days a week.
    I feel good about my self helping others and have even made a FM site all about that to.

There is nothing better then giving some thing back to someone else it Cost nothing to do a good deed.
    Christmas I go help feed the homeless down at the church and do all the cooking and serve all the food and clean up...... I am what i call my self a Do good pest :O

Yes FM is a company in its own right.

All tech staff are paid and Buttercup and The godfather
    All the rest of the staff are volunteer's we all work from our own homes all over the world.

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Left1212Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Center11Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Right112
    Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Ape_b110
    Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 11 Ape1010
    Kratos
    Kratos
    Forumember

Male Posts : 328

Post by Kratos Mon 9 Nov - 21:42

@APE, is there a Vietnam Official Support Forum? If there isn't, what do they have to do for it to be added?(For Vietnam people)