The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private message to all members

5 posters

Go down

In progress Private message to all members

Post by DesignersSociety July 26th 2014, 9:42 pm

Is there a way I can send out one private message to all the site members? I'd like to do this without lots of work since the site has thousands of members. Thanks
DesignersSociety
DesignersSociety
Forumember

Female Posts : 146
Language : english

http://designerssociety.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Private message to all members

Post by Derri July 26th 2014, 9:53 pm

Hi,

Well sending a private message to all members would be easy if you had less than 50 members. Your outbox only can store a maximum of 50 PMs at one time. So what you're wanting would not be possible.

You could use the newsletter system instead as this will send emails to all members.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 26th 2014, 9:54 pm

The only way to send a mass pm is to create a group and add all the members, then send a pm to that group.  But like Derri said, there is a limit of pm in your boxes.

Private message to all members Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by DesignersSociety July 26th 2014, 10:05 pm

So basically if more than 50 members join a group it wont send the messages to everyone? Even if it isnt stored in my outbox/sentbox will they have the messages still?
DesignersSociety
DesignersSociety
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 26th 2014, 10:13 pm

DesignersSociety wrote:So basically if more than 50 members join a group it wont send the messages to everyone? Even if it isnt stored in my outbox/sentbox will they have the messages still?

The PMs have to be stored in your outbox. If you had an empty outbox you could have 50 people in a group and then send a PM to that group but more than 50 members you might get an error or some people would not get the messages.

The only way to do this is to use the newsletter feature.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by DesignersSociety July 26th 2014, 10:15 pm

Alright thanks for letting me know.
DesignersSociety
DesignersSociety
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 26th 2014, 10:16 pm

DesignersSociety wrote:Alright thanks for letting me know.

Your welcome Very Happy

Is this topic now solved?
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 27th 2014, 12:45 am

I will add if your members have picked not to get news letters from the forum then that Email you send by News letter will not get to them so it's a little bit of a hit and miss thing really.

Private message to all members Left1212Private message to all members Center11Private message to all members Right112
Private message to all members Ape_b110
Private message to all members Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead July 27th 2014, 12:31 pm

Hi,

I hate to contradict the staff, however they haven't given a 100% correct answer.

You can send up to 50 individual members by selecting them in the name boxes, however when u send it, it will sent in your "Sent" box until the member logs in. It does not matter if this number exceeds 50, as it will be stored the receiver's box, and and messages you send just over rides it.
Example
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
When you send a message to a group, you can send to all members of this group, same thing will happen as above, you wont have to select a single member, only a single group.
You can only send to 1 group at a time.
You will not receive an error of any sort if the group has excess of 50 members, I do not know where Derri has got that information from.
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 27th 2014, 12:39 pm

I got my info from the logic of the outbox. When I send something to someone it sits my outbox until they read it. So I assumed that you could only send 50 messages at one time before someone has read them. Because when I send a message until that person reads my message it seemed to sit in my outbox. For example I did a test quite sometime ago where I sent a message to my other account on that forum, logged in, got saw that I had a message, logged out, when onto the account where I had sent the message, looked in my outbox and it was still in my outbox.

I personally don't care if I'm wrong and I was glad I was correcte, but that's where I got my logic from.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape July 27th 2014, 6:47 pm

RadioHead wrote:Hi,

I hate to contradict the staff, however they haven't given a 100% correct answer.

You can send up to 50 individual members by selecting them in the name boxes, however when u send it, it will sent in your "Sent" box until the member logs in. It does not matter if this number exceeds 50, as it will be stored the receiver's box, and and messages you send just over rides it.
Example
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
When you send a message to a group, you can send to all members of this group, same thing will happen as above, you wont have to select a single member, only a single group.
You can only send to 1 group at a time.
You will not receive an error of any sort if the group has excess of 50 members, I do not know where Derri has got that information from.
First of all i would like to thank you for your input on this matter.  Very good 
second of all As far as i was let to be leave  that it was the same as Derri had said the system was only ment to send 50 pm's out a time. ok looks as we was wrong on that one. Th best way around this is to ask the head of staff Buttercup or the Godfather when they come on. Then once we are all clear on this matter we could then ask if one of the staff could make up a FAQ page to help others next time there is this sort of problem
Derri wrote:I got my info from the logic of the outbox. When I send something to someone it sits my outbox until they read it. So I assumed that you could only send 50 messages at one time before someone has read them. Because when I send a message until that person reads my message it seemed to sit in my outbox. For example I did a test quite sometime ago where I sent a message to my other account on that forum, logged in, got saw that I had a message, logged out, when onto the account where I had sent the message, looked in my outbox and it was still in my outbox.

I personally don't care if I'm wrong and I was glad I was correcte, but that's where I got my logic from.
For as long as i have been on this forum as far as i know the comment you made about 50 pm's was right as no one of what i have seen has ever asked the staff in the head office about this. maybe this is the next thing to ask buttercup to find the info to from our tech staff Wink

Ape

I think

Private message to all members Left1212Private message to all members Center11Private message to all members Right112
Private message to all members Ape_b110
Private message to all members Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum