The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

copyright

+6
Shadow
SLGray
Ape
Ramdaman
_Twisted_Mods_
filbert1993
10 posters

Go down

Solved copyright

Post by filbert1993 October 13th 2014, 2:18 am

This is a question for the board admin namely 'Buttercup'. I have paid for the copyrights to be removed however the '©phpbb' on the footer directs to YOUR page on Your board rather than "phpbb.com. Why? I kindly ask you to direct the aforementioned footer link to the correct source, being "phpbb.com" and not Your own board. 

I paid for the copyright to be removed, and i expect to get what i paid for. Simple as that.
filbert1993

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: copyright

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ October 13th 2014, 5:58 am

how do you expect anyone to help you when your so disrespectful?
_Twisted_Mods_
_Twisted_Mods_
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2108
Language : English

http://liquidcode.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramdaman October 13th 2014, 6:32 am

thetwistedkilla wrote:how do you expect anyone to help you when your so disrespectful?

Dont bash the man. Credits are not cheap. Also, if you're not going to help then you dont need to reply.

Back OT: The only thing i know about the removal of Copyrights/footer links is that it is against the FM ToS to remove the copyright footers even after you purchase the removal of footer links.
Ramdaman
Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1615
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by filbert1993 October 13th 2014, 8:46 am

thetwistedkilla wrote:how do you expect anyone to help you when your so disrespectful?
Do you think its fair to pay for a service that I didn't receive? I've paid for the "copyrights" to be removed, yet the "©phpbb" footer link directs to 'forumotion' and not 'phpbb.com' as it should according to the '©phpbb' footer.
Explain to me now, how is that being unfair?? 

@Buttercup, I respectfully ask to correct the '©phpbb' footer link to its respective source, being "phpbb.com".
filbert1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 13th 2014, 9:41 pm

i will ask buttercup to take a look at this thread but please note we will not take you being rude to the members or the staff asking for this to be looked at is all that is needed,

I do understand what you are saying but i really don't think your attitude to this was needed.

You get no where in life being rude and disrespectful to others.

APE

copyright - copyright Left1212copyright - copyright Center11copyright - copyright Right112
copyright - copyright Ape_b110
copyright - copyright Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19183
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 13th 2014, 10:08 pm

That does it on all forums.  Check the link at the bottom of the support forum.

copyright - copyright Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51520

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by filbert1993 October 13th 2014, 11:26 pm

@Ape, where in any of my posts was I being rude? Quote me, and I will accept full responsibility for my actions. Quite the contrary, I said   "I respectfully ask" and "I kindly ask" when referencing Buttercup. You perceive that as rude?  Forumotion's removal of copyrights upon payment are done under false pretences- as they are NOT removed in it's entirety. Correct?
filbert1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramdaman October 14th 2014, 1:58 am

I've never purchased that item (or any item) so im not sure what it says, the only thing I know is that you'll still have/need the footer links which ForuMotion requires. I wouldn't call it false pretences since it says it in the Terms of Service, but it might lead you to believe you can remove all footer links.
Ramdaman
Ramdaman
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by filbert1993 October 14th 2014, 4:48 am

That's fine with the footer link, its where it "directs" to that's the problem which is "forumotion" copyright and not "phpbb". I paid to have the copyrights removed, so I didn't get what I paid for.
filbert1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramdaman October 14th 2014, 5:23 am

The pro admin might ask for a pic of your transaction in case something wrong happened there, FYI. Dont share it in this topic.
Ramdaman
Ramdaman
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by filbert1993 October 14th 2014, 6:17 am

I understand Your point about the transaction, however that's not part of the equation here. Every member who purchases to have copyrights removed, is left with the "© phpbb" footer link directing to "forumotion" and not "phpbb.com" as the footer link denotes. My case is not an isolated incident, its the way forumotion has structured it to oromote their board.
filbert1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 14th 2014, 12:26 pm

Dear filbert1993

I understand your trouble. But, you have to know that the law asks for displaying a PhpBB link. We don't have other solution.
Then, we are free to display a direct link to PhpBB or an indirect link to our page explaining what is PhpBB.

Thanks for your understanding
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by filbert1993 October 14th 2014, 1:48 pm

@ Buttercup, I understand pertaining to the law requirements of the phpBB link. That's not the issue here, its how the link is "referenced to "forumotion.com" which is a copyright link that my payment neglected to remove. You see, when a payment is made to remove "copyrights", “forumotion" links fall in that criteria  
Here is a pic of what Your board promises to remove:
copyright - copyright 23jgvtt

Can you please explain ehy the !forumotion" copyright has not been removed? As per the above screenshot from Your board, upon payment to have copyrights removed, that's exactly what should happen.  You"re not in compliance with the copyright credits management.
filbert1993

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 14th 2014, 7:02 pm

It is not removed or changed because by law there has to be a link to a page that described phpBB.  Also on that page there is a direct link to the official phpBB site.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- October 14th 2014, 7:19 pm

why am i getting forumotion link?

https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb  << this is not phpbb support forum or website

i have paid to remove all forumotion links,
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 14th 2014, 7:33 pm

Press the image on that page:
copyright - copyright Phpbb

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- October 14th 2014, 7:34 pm

again i have paid for all forumotion links to remove from my forum, why is there a forumotion link on my forum no one has gave me a good enough reason for a forumotion link to be on my forum..

ButtercupDear filbert1993

I understand your trouble. But, you have to know that the law asks for displaying a PhpBB link. We don't have other solution.
Then, we are free to display a direct link to PhpBB or an indirect link to our page explaining what is PhpBB.

yes it does but it doesn't say adding a forumtion link in it place!!
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 14th 2014, 7:39 pm

Those links are take you to the pages that explain what the versions are and gives a link to the official sites.  We can not remove phpBB, punBB, and Invision.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- October 14th 2014, 7:42 pm

SLGray wrote:Those links are take you to the pages that explain what the versions are and gives a link to the official sites.  We can not remove phpBB, punBB, and Invision.

I dont care i have paid to removed forumotions links from my forum!! phpbb should be a phpbb link for people who has paid for forumotion links to be removed!
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 14th 2014, 7:51 pm

These are the ones that are considered Forumotion copyrighted links:

The one in the toolbar.

Footer Links:  Free Forum, Free Forum Support, and Free Forums.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- October 14th 2014, 8:04 pm

SLGray wrote:These are the ones that are considered Forumotion copyrighted links:

The one in the toolbar.

i would also considered this also a forumotion link becasue it get crate free forum pasted all over it!! if forumotion was base in the uk trading standard would be all over them! it's one shocking moment after another one i see it soo many time on here over the years...
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 14th 2014, 10:42 pm

I have pointed this out to our pro admin and she will get a set of the copyright rules made up so we are clear on what is right and wrong. I fully understand what your saying the PHpbb if payed to remove copyrights of FM's then it should then be linked to Phpbb's site not the FM one but as the law will state the link that we host still runs to the Phpbb site by the FM page by the image link.

I will do my best to help get to the bottom of this but as i see it right now there is No copyright law braking going on just a misunderstanding on where and what the credits we spend on removing the copyrights of FM's

APE

copyright - copyright Left1212copyright - copyright Center11copyright - copyright Right112
copyright - copyright Ape_b110
copyright - copyright Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19183
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- October 14th 2014, 10:59 pm

i would never recommend a free forum (well this nor free when you want to get rid of the junk) to anybody after my experience with them, i would of left forumotion years ago if we was allow to buy our database with all posts,topics and members
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by levy October 14th 2014, 11:36 pm

Hi,

There is a problem, forumotion don't use whole phpBB3, they user personal phpBB. I think that you know there is a personal ACP, with Mods, php acces and others, but here this isn't avaiable.

Also, forumotion use some of their variables and a lot of classes and ID's, but nothing else, it doesn't mean that phpBB is the official version, it's phpBB Forumotion version.
levy
levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2632
Language : English, Romanian

https://portofolio.goodforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramdaman October 15th 2014, 12:44 am

S-t-e-v-e- wrote:i would never recommend a free forum (well this nor free when you want to get rid of the junk) to anybody after my experience with them, i would of left forumotion years ago if we was allow to buy our database with all posts,topics and members

Your post contributes nothing to the problem. Thousands of people including myself LOVE FM.
Ramdaman
Ramdaman
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by filbert1993 October 15th 2014, 6:04 am

SLGray wrote:These are the ones that are considered Forumotion copyrighted links:

The one in the toolbar.

Really? Where exactly does It state that In your TOS? And I don't want an amended link, i need documentation PRIOR to my initial post clarifying "exactly" what you've described here. Just like my above picture, it states (verbatim): "Forumotion links (copyright) are disabled for your forum". So why is the "phpBB" Footer link directing to "Forumotion" when i paid for Forumotion links (copyright) to be disabled?

So you consider the "phpBB" Footer link directing to "forumotion" not deemed as part of a copyrighted link? How so? Upon payment to Disable Forumotion links (copyright), irrespective where they originate from (in this case via the "phpBB" Footer link), they SHOULD be disabled.

I kindly and respectfully ask not to draft a new amendment to your TOS (as this will result in an admission of guilt, thus backpayments will need to be generated to all who were mislead and paid for copyrights), but to alter the direction of the "phpbb" Footer link to it's respective source being "phpbb.com".
filbert1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur October 15th 2014, 7:06 am

Hello Filbert,

This affects more than phpbb forums, it will also occur on versions Punbb and Invision. As worded in the details "Forumotion links (copyright) are activated for your forum.", I would also expect no link backs to Forumotion. Is the copyright details a bit misleading ? Perhaps.

I would recommend you wait for an Official response. ( Buttercup, The Godfather.. ) As they would know more on this, plus I think Buttercup may have misread your post. She should be available again shortly.. Wink

Thanks for your patience.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 15th 2014, 5:40 pm

Hello

It is an internal decision to add indirect links to explain the different versions (PhpBB, Invision, PunBB).
You are free to contact me via private message if you need more details.

You can also find a tutorial explaining how credit management works: https://help.forumotion.com/t1219-credits-management#6394

Regards
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather October 15th 2014, 5:50 pm

Hello,

The answer to the filbert1993 problem is simple and we will not discuss here Forumotion commercial choices nor why and how we have chosen a particular thing or a particular redirected links on this page and not on another...! What the fuck ?!?

If an admin finds that what he bought does not match his expectations, no problem! You deal with Forumotion long enough to know that we are listening to our users problems and have always tried our best to find a suitable solution without turning the thing to the conflict... Wink

Back to the present case, the phpBB link at the bottom of our forums not directly go to phpBB but to a page that explain what's phpBB. It's a choice that we have done and that is not new. It's on our forums since the creation of Forumotion. And this link have never beed affected by Forumotion copyrights removal. fufufu

If the result after copyrights removal from your board does not meet your expectations, no problem. I invite you to provide us by PM  with the URL of the concerned forum specifying their foundation email , the credits purchase date and the number of credits spent and we will cancel the transaction. in this case, we will make a prorated credits refund.

Thank you for your understanding.

lock :rose:
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down