The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you use the quote button ?

3 posters

Go down

In progress How do you use the quote button ?

Post by azwiz February 7th 2015, 4:51 am

"To quote a post, you just press the quote button in that post.

To quote more than one posts, you press the multi-quote button in the posts you want to quote.  Then press the reply button for the topic that has the posts."

This is the answer I got a few days ago from a mod . That was the night I could not get an answer to save my life .
  The way I used to do in other forums doesn't work here . Or in my forum . I only want to know how to quote some one in a PM in my forum tonight please .
  Here is a screenshot . WTF is that box ? Why is it there ? I cannot copy and paste any text inside or outside of that box . I would assume the box is supposed to have text in it . This has got me totally baffled .
  I have tried every combination I can think of for months now . lol

How do you use the quote button ? I_am_s10
  Thank you for your response . I applied the code . It doesn't seem to have made any difference . I will keep trying . 
  Now may I ask how to quote here in your forum . For instance if I wanted to quote your response . How would I do that ?

Just what do you mean by that ? Show me an example . Please ? Do you see my question in your response below ? It appears that your question is off topic . That no one has yet answered me as to how to quote someone .

How do you use the quote button ? Sujet11 by SLGray Today at 9:09 pm

Please stop creating multi-topics about the same issue.

Please tell me what you mean and show me where I did that .

At least I have found a way to keep all my responses in the same box . Even if I have to screenshot ,or copy and paste to quote someone .
  I really could not have dreamed up worse mods on my best day .

If I would have made a separate reply you would have told me not to double post . Wow .
  Same topic . Different day . Still no answers . If you look in my first sentence I mention I do not know how to quote here or in my forum . Still have no answers .
  How about this? Will someone please tell me the step by step procedure for quoting ? What do I do beyond the quote button ?
  In my PM's there is no option for normal or any editing . Just a quote button .
How do you use the quote button ? Messag12

Last edited by azwiz on February 7th 2015, 6:54 am; edited 12 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How do you use the quote button ?

Post by Fierce Star February 7th 2015, 4:56 am

The content of the quotes appear to be hidden, so add this to your CSS Stylesheet (ACP -> Display -> Colors -> CSS Stylesheet):
Code:
.content blockquote {
    color: #ef0;
}
Fierce Star
Forumember

Male Posts : 110
Language : English

http://inactivesite.onlyhelpwithothersnow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 7th 2015, 5:09 am

Try using the normal mode, not WYSIWYG mode.

How do you use the quote button ? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fierce Star February 8th 2015, 4:13 am

So does the code I provided for you not make the content of the quote box (the box with the white border around it in the picture you provided in the first post) visible?
Try adding !important to it, just simply replace the provided code with this one:
Code:
.content blockquote {
    color: #ef0 !important;
}

I'll try to explain how to quote on here in the below spoiler.
Spoiler:
Fierce Star
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz February 8th 2015, 4:31 am

azwiz wrote:"To quote a post, you just press the quote button in that post.

To quote more than one posts, you press the multi-quote button in the posts you want to quote.  Then press the reply button for the topic that has the posts."

This is the answer I got a few days ago from a mod . That was the night I could not get an answer to save my life .
  The way I used to do in other forums doesn't work here . Or in my forum . I only want to know how to quote some one in a PM in my forum tonight please .
  Here is a screenshot . WTF is that box ? Why is it there ? I cannot copy and paste any text inside or outside of that box . I would assume the box is supposed to have text in it . This has got me totally baffled .
  I have tried every combination I can think of for months now . lol

How do you use the quote button ? I_am_s10
  Thank you for your response . I applied the code . It doesn't seem to have made any difference . I will keep trying . 
  Now may I ask how to quote here in your forum . For instance if I wanted to quote your response . How would I do that ?

Just what do you mean by that ? Show me an example . Please ? Do you see my question in your response below ? It appears that your question is off topic . That no one has yet answered me as to how to quote someone .

How do you use the quote button ? Sujet11 by SLGray Today at 9:09 pm

Please tell me what you mean and show me where I did that .

At least I have found a way to keep all my responses in the same box . Even if I have to screenshot ,or copy and paste to quote someone .
  I really could not have dreamed up worse mods on my best day .

If I would have made a separate reply you would have told me not to double post . Wow .
  Same topic . Different day . Still no answers . If you look in my first sentence I mention I do not know how to quote here or in my forum . Still have no answers .
  How about this? Will someone please tell me the step by step procedure for quoting ? What do I do beyond the quote button ?
  In my PM's there is no option for normal or any editing . Just a quote button .
How do you use the quote button ? Messag12

How do you use the quote button ? Sujet-11 by Fierce Star Today at 8:13 pm

So does the code I provided for you not make the content of the quote box (the box with the white border around it in the picture you provided in the first post) visible?
Try adding !important to it, just simply replace the provided code with this one:
Code:  Select Content

Code:
.content blockquote {
    color: #ef0 !important;
}

I'll try to explain how to quote on here in the below spoiler.

I don't know if it made a difference I don't know what to look for . I don't know the procedure for quoting . I have these problems here and in my forum . I have no idea howto quote someone . I can't get anyone to answer me . Here is a screenshot of a portion of my PM's , the top one is done after I applied your new important code .
How do you use the quote button ? Idk_pm10How do you use the quote button ? Qoute_10
  Until I know the procedure for quoting . We won't get anywhere . In other forums  you simply first click reply  to the message to which you want to either resond to , quote part of , or quote the entire thing . Then you highlight the part you want to quote and click quote button . that puts the quoted text in your message box . (There havn't ever been boxes like you guys have ). Then you either add text of your own and click send , or just click send .
  No parts of that procedure apply either here or in my forum . So I have a question. How do I quote in these forums ?
  Here is a new screenshot of a response i just made after applying code  . You can see that the lower message was from yesterday . There doesn't seem to be any difference .

So far there hasn't been any color changes or content changes .
How do you use the quote button ? Sujet11 by SLGray Today at 8:47 am

I believe we are all misunderstanding each other.

Are you asking how to quote a post or how to modify a quote in a post?
   You tell me . I am asking how to use the quote button when responding to mods in the forumotion support forum? At the same time I am asking how respond to a PM in my own forum . 
   In both cases I would like to be able to view the prior response when responding . It also should follow the prior response . But not neccessarily having to be in the same message box . 
  What I am saying is . In other forums there is a rhyme and a reason and a conseqetive order for each message . Even if you repost every response so that it follows the one prior to it so there is no guess work . Here it is against the law to have messages in order . 
  I know this because I tried to do that and got many warnings about one thing or another .
  I don't know that it is possible to respond to a post here , view it while you are responding , then post it so that it follows the post you are replyiing to . Here in forumotion . 
  I know that in my forum the only way to do what described . Results in double copies of each post with an empty box in each one that has quotation marks in each empty box . Is that clear enough for you ?

IS THE ABOVE MESSAGE DONE CORRECTLY ? THE MODS QUESTION IN A BOX , MY RESPONSE FOLLOWING IT , WHILE ALL STILL IN MY MESSAGE BOX ?

Last edited by azwiz on February 8th 2015, 7:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fierce Star February 8th 2015, 4:44 am

The procedure should be the same on your forum as long as you press the "quote" button on your forum.
Apologies for my obliviousness, the code was supposed to change the font color of the quote content; I forgot there was a much easier way to do this.
Go to ACP -> Display -> Colors -> Quote Font Color :
Change this to "#ef0", and then the formerly black and empty quote boxes should have visible text in them.
Fierce Star
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 8th 2015, 4:47 pm

I believe we are all misunderstanding each other.

Are you asking how to quote a post or how to modify a quote in a post?

How do you use the quote button ? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down