The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current domain cancel for a new domain?

3 posters

Go down

In progress Current domain cancel for a new domain?

Post by mc~ June 2nd 2015, 4:44 pm

Hello,

I have a question about my domain name. My forum's current domain name is acquired through forumotion. Now I want to use a domain name acquired outside of forumotion for my forum. Can I cancel my current domain and switch to the new domain?
mc~
mc~
Forumember

Male Posts : 40
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Current domain cancel for a new domain?

Post by Mike June 2nd 2015, 7:56 pm

You should be able to go into your domains management in your administration panel and cancel your current domain, however you wont be refunded if you cancel your domain.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Current domain cancel for a new domain?

Post by Shadow June 3rd 2015, 10:24 am

Hello, 

Indeed you can remove your domain name via your admin panel. However, we don't transfer domain name outside as it is explained on this tutorial. So, if you want to have the same domain name but outside you'll have to wait the domain becomes public.

If you want to buy a new domain name (different from your current one) you can use our CNAME Option. However, you should be aware that changing domain name is very not good for your forum traffic and SEO.

Before any domain name change, we highly recommend our members to inform their own members by sending a mass private message or newsletter and display a general announcement on the forum. Otherwise, your members won't be able to find your forum with the new address.

Best regards
Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down