The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insert a Reader on the forum

4 posters

Go down

Solved Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Scarlet D. November 12th 2015, 3:06 pm

Technical Details


Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Other
Who the problem concerns : All members
Forum link : http://onepiecegr.forum-pro.org/

Description of problem

Hello.You see i have a site for a specific Manga and Anime. Me with my team decided to publish translated manga (japanese comics) to the forum. I'd like to know, can i insert a reader like
that

thanks in advance


Last edited by Heartsealed on November 22nd 2015, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scarlet D.
Scarlet D.
Forumember

Male Posts : 130
Reputation : 2
Language : Greek,English
Location : Athens,Greece

View user profile http://onepiecegr.forum-pro.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Scarlet D. November 14th 2015, 6:33 pm

is it possible or not?
Scarlet D.
Scarlet D.
Forumember

Male Posts : 130
Reputation : 2
Language : Greek,English
Location : Athens,Greece

View user profile http://onepiecegr.forum-pro.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by EndlessDream November 14th 2015, 6:39 pm

I would suggest you to add it via HTML pages on your forum.
You can do it by going to your Admin panel -> Modules -> HTML pages management - Create in advanced mode.

I don't have time to create it for you, but you can find codes for click slideshows etc. via google.

EndlessDream
EndlessDream
Forumember

Male Posts : 107
Reputation : 22
Language : English, Spanish, Serbian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Scarlet D. November 15th 2015, 7:22 pm

EndlessDream wrote:I would suggest you to add it via HTML pages on your forum.
You can do it by going to your Admin panel -> Modules -> HTML pages management - Create in advanced mode.

I don't have time to create it for you, but you can find codes for click slideshows etc. via google.

Hmmm thanks, i will consider it. If anyone has a better solution or a more specified script/program , please say it
Scarlet D.
Scarlet D.
Forumember

Male Posts : 130
Reputation : 2
Language : Greek,English
Location : Athens,Greece

View user profile http://onepiecegr.forum-pro.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Scarlet D. November 18th 2015, 8:52 pm

any other suggestions please?
Scarlet D.
Scarlet D.
Forumember

Male Posts : 130
Reputation : 2
Language : Greek,English
Location : Athens,Greece

View user profile http://onepiecegr.forum-pro.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Ace November 19th 2015, 9:06 pm

Heartsealed wrote:
EndlessDream wrote:I would suggest you to add it via HTML pages on your forum.
You can do it by going to your Admin panel -> Modules -> HTML pages management - Create in advanced mode.

I don't have time to create it for you, but you can find codes for click slideshows etc. via google.

Hmmm thanks, i will consider it. If anyone has a better solution or a more specified script/program , please say it

Hi!

Well, the plugin that you presented in your first post it's a bit tricky. Not impossible, though. Smile This is the plugin they use: https://github.com/FoolCode/FoolSlide However, the installation would require some extra access that we don't have (in FM). So, in order to accomplish it, we must use an external host. I can't guide you precisely here, since you should pick your own external service provider and install this tool on your own. Sad

But all it would take is a HTML page on your forum to grab this information from the other page (or you can just send users there). I do think that EndlessDream idea is a good one (especially if you don't know or don't want to manipulate codes) and you could use a few HTML pages of your forum to host these mangas using simple codes (without requiring a database for instance). Very Happy Depending on the amount of mangas that you plan to host, using the first plugin could be a better idea (w/ many mangas). If you are going to host just a few of them, maybe doing them in individual HTML pages would be easier.

Let me know your decision and if you need help to execute it. Smile

Regards,
Ace.
Ace
Ace
Forumember

Posts : 250
Reputation : 49
Language : Portuguese & English

View user profile http://ajuda.forumeiros.com/u39577

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Scarlet D. November 22nd 2015, 1:22 am

Ace wrote:
Heartsealed wrote:
EndlessDream wrote:I would suggest you to add it via HTML pages on your forum.
You can do it by going to your Admin panel -> Modules -> HTML pages management - Create in advanced mode.

I don't have time to create it for you, but you can find codes for click slideshows etc. via google.

Hmmm thanks, i will consider it. If anyone has a better solution or a more specified script/program , please say it

Hi!

Well, the plugin that you presented in your first post it's a bit tricky. Not impossible, though. Smile This is the plugin they use: https://github.com/FoolCode/FoolSlide However, the installation would require some extra access that we don't have (in FM). So, in order to accomplish it, we must use an external host. I can't guide you precisely here, since you should pick your own external service provider and install this tool on your own. Sad

But all it would take is a HTML page on your forum to grab this information from the other page (or you can just send users there). I do think that EndlessDream idea is a good one (especially if you don't know or don't want to manipulate codes) and you could use a few HTML pages of your forum to host these mangas using simple codes (without requiring a database for instance). Very Happy Depending on the amount of mangas that you plan to host, using the first plugin could be a better idea (w/ many mangas). If you are going to host just a few of them, maybe doing them in individual HTML pages would be easier.

Let me know your decision and if you need help to execute it. Smile

Regards,
Ace.

this is a cool slider you gave me there. Well, you see i found a friend who knows html so i wouldn't a problem installing it. The problem now is the database we have to use.We are not a popular forum and we just started our manga work so i think it doesn't worth to give money for a database just yet. Do you have any suggestions? I would personally love a server database that gives you like free 2-3GB of space forever, and then if you want, you can upgrade it
Scarlet D.
Scarlet D.
Forumember

Male Posts : 130
Reputation : 2
Language : Greek,English
Location : Athens,Greece

View user profile http://onepiecegr.forum-pro.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Ace November 22nd 2015, 1:55 am

Hi,

I can't recommend you one. :/ But if you Google it I guess it should be easy to find one. Very Happy

See you.
Ace
Ace
Forumember

Posts : 250
Reputation : 49
Language : Portuguese & English

View user profile http://ajuda.forumeiros.com/u39577

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Scarlet D. November 22nd 2015, 1:00 pm

ah, i see, thanks a lot for your help, anyway!
Scarlet D.
Scarlet D.
Forumember

Male Posts : 130
Reputation : 2
Language : Greek,English
Location : Athens,Greece

View user profile http://onepiecegr.forum-pro.org/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Insert a Reader on the forum

Post by Ape November 25th 2015, 11:47 pm

Topic solved and archived   


Insert a Reader on the forum Left1212Insert a Reader on the forum Center11Insert a Reader on the forum Right112
Insert a Reader on the forum Ape_b110
Insert a Reader on the forum Keep_s10
Insert a Reader on the forum Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 17862
Reputation : 1904
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

View user profile http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum