The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain problem + Can't PM Buttercup

5 posters

Go down

In progress Domain problem + Can't PM Buttercup

Post by EEYEN3 January 1st 2016, 1:41 pm

@Buttercup told me to PM them about this, only Buttercup isn't accepting PMs...

---

Buttercup wrote:
EEYEN3 wrote:Earlier this year you said this to me (in this topic: https://help.forumotion.com/t142883-changing-urls#973264):

Buttercup wrote:Hello SLGray is true. You cannot have two domain names on one forum. However, you can send me a private message with all necessary information (url of your forum, domain name, Whois information, and foundation email) to delete your current domain name. Deleting a domain name takes few minutes. However, the deleted domain name won't be available to buy out of Forumotion for awhile. Indeed, once deleted we no longer have control on the domain name. I think you've to wait between 60 and 90 days before the domain name be public Smile Anyway, if you decide to delete your current domain name, it takes only few times for us and you'll be able to buy a new domain name immediately (either via our service or by using a domain name). Please note: if you delete your current domain name we can make a 301 redirection. Thus, all members tapping your old url will be redirected to the new domain name as long as the old domain name is not public Smile. Like that you won't lose your traffic Smile I hope you've enough information now Smile let us know Smile

I liked the new domain I want so much I went ahead and bought it a while back, not wanting to risk someone else getting it.

I would like to schedule a time when we can do this. I would like to do it on January 1st, 2016, but if that isn't convenient for you another day close to that would be fine. I'm making a lot of changes to my forum at that time and I'm going to be shutting it down for maintenance. I'd like a general idea of when you're going to be able to make this switch. Obviously, you're not going to know right, now. I know that. I just want to touch base with you in advance so we can figure out a good plan going forward.

Hello

If I well understand you would like to schedule your domain name deletion on January 1st,2016. I cannot schedule it but you can contact me a few days before this deadline so so that we make the change.

Best regards

Buttercup
EEYEN3
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Domain problem + Can't PM Buttercup

Post by mist3r0us_b0y January 1st 2016, 2:04 pm

b patient they are on off duty might come on after 4th Jan
mist3r0us_b0y
mist3r0us_b0y
Forumember

Male Posts : 747
Language : english

http://sh.st/nJRXG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo January 1st 2016, 2:45 pm

Hello,

Buttercup will be available on 05/01/16.

Hello
Nemo
Nemo
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1203
Language : Greek, English, French

http://www.helpgr.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g January 1st 2016, 5:04 pm

Hello,

Yes as stated above, Buttercup is on vacation until January 5th, 2016. Most lf the pro staff I believe are also on vacation for holidays and unless it is extreme emergency (like server or database issues) they aren't really in the offiice right now. As they are the only ones who can handle domain renewal problems serverside, you will have to wait until they come back. We apologize for any in conveince this may cause you or forum and forum community.

Just in there, it is only a few days away Wink.

-Brandon

transfer domain - Domain problem + Can't PM Buttercup Brando10
Remember to mark your topic transfer domain - Domain problem + Can't PM Buttercup Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

transfer domain - Domain problem + Can't PM Buttercup Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EEYEN3 January 6th 2016, 2:02 pm

Any updates to this...?
EEYEN3
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 6th 2016, 2:24 pm

Hello

Sorry for the late reply. My private messages are now opened so you can contact me Smile

Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down