The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi need help with search bar

3 posters

Go down

In progress hi need help with search bar

Post by veryuglygurl Mon 25 Jan - 14:13

Hi, i was wondering how to add a search bar like this (can even search post message instead of just the topic) to the forum?
my forum theme version is phpBB3 (prosilver) , would be appreciated if anyone could help me with this issue, thanks

hi need help with search bar Search%20bar%20help_zpsjbhyuxwe

veryuglygurl

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: hi need help with search bar

Post by SLGray Mon 25 Jan - 20:07

Do you have the search button in your navigation menu?  The screenshot you posted is that one.

Do you want yours to look like the screenshot?

Our search engine will not show any results for words that are less than 4 characters.  Examples of keywords that will not have any results:  ant, the, cat, dog, etc.  Examples that will have results:  cats, dogs, ants, etc.

hi need help with search bar Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51512

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by veryuglygurl Tue 26 Jan - 0:59

Hi
Thanks for your replied, oh i dont mind about the look/design, what i need is search for "text message from all Post" and "advanced search" and yep i already have 2 search engines in the forum, 1 is the default from forumotion and the other is google search, but i tried to test, those search engines can only the topics instead of text messages inside the post, because my forum will have lots different pages, so i was hoping to get the search engine (attached image) which gives us option (Topic or Post or advanced search) for users/members easily to search for text message.
veryuglygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape Tue 26 Jan - 2:32

Please give a forum link to your forum.

All of our forums have this setting in the forum already.

as for looking in the topic's for key words... Well we have a rule that is set to this and there is no way to change this

Limits:
Your words you type to search MUST be 4 letters or more.
The word HELP is not found in the system.
key words with things like - * & " ! ~# may not always show
if you are looking for words in a post with # then use the tag system in the search system.

as you can see the system will work for topic and posts if you look the toic i have marked Don't have the Word Update in the title but when clicking on it your see words highlighted Wink
hi need help with search bar Captur76

hi need help with search bar Left1212hi need help with search bar Center11hi need help with search bar Right112
hi need help with search bar Ape_b110
hi need help with search bar Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19351
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by veryuglygurl Tue 26 Jan - 6:16

Hi, Thanks for the info, the forum link is http://dnsworldchat.forumotion.com/

And yep i get what you mean but too sad it still doesnt work, for example, i want to search for the word "dragon nest" from the post on that page, but the result always was "No topics or posts met your search criteria"
hi need help with search bar Prob1_zpsehc8u5eu

so i was hoping and wonder if theres any better search engine that can search the words on the pages as well instead of just the topic
veryuglygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape Tue 26 Jan - 7:27

Hmm this is really strange that the word you used did not show

I also made the same search and as the forum with that data was not in for guests to see i could not find the post but i did type in the word received and found the post.

There is no other system that i know of that will work in looking in you posts for key words other then our tag system but the only problem there is ...You have to tag each word in a post first.

What i will do is make a report about this in my tools but we are really busy right now so they may put it on the todo list for a later day.

I'm sorry i could not help any more than i have

hi need help with search bar Left1212hi need help with search bar Center11hi need help with search bar Right112
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape Tue 26 Jan - 21:05

Hello @veryuglygurl Thank you for your report of the search system problem As you know I made a report last night to our Teach staff and Pro admin.

We are now here to say that we have put your problem to the test and found we do have a small problem with the search system so we have put the bug on the list of things to be fixed or looked at.

We are sorry for any delay on this and we hope that it will be fixed soon.

Note: we do not have a timescale of when this bug will be looked at as there is lots of things going on right now and other bigger bug need to be fixed first.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down