The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue.

3 posters

Go down

In progress "Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue.

Post by JCKane February 12th 2018, 11:57 pm

Hello, so I wasn't really sure where to put this. But anyways, I'm having an issue with my forums. Pretty much what happens is that the forum's has a short of "You're posting to much to fast" 'time out' thing. When it reaches this, for X ammount of time (seriously I don't know how long it stays this way) Any thread that I click on will Re-Direct me to the default "My first thread" that came when I originally created the boards. Eventually, it will start working normally again.

Now, The reason why I keep coming across this issue, is that I'm using my Forums as a RP (Role play) Archives for the RPs I've written during my time in Efedding. Now, when I created it, I made sure to keep up to date on my current RPs I write (incase you're confused, a RP is pretty much a short story written for the efedding game.). However, I had been meaning to finally add all my old RPs from before. Which I've been slowly working on.

Due to this I've been making multiple Threads in a time (Like 30+) because I still got a lot of RPs to add to the forums.

Now, I say most of this because I understand that it's a short of thing that used to perhaps stop spammers or what not... which I'm not doing. And I'm getting tired of having to wait so long to continue adding my RPs to the forums... So I'm asking if anyone knows of a way to turn this 'feature' off?

I don't have to worry about 'spam' accounts because the only ones who can post on my boards is me. But, if I did change it in the future, I at least would like to have it off until I finish uploading all my RPs.

Any help would be appreciated.
JCKane
JCKane

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: "Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue.

Post by Ape February 13th 2018, 12:17 am

Hello @JCKane Sadly No this can not be removed or changed, This ia a server side tool that stops spam and helps keep spam members flood posting on all or forums.

If I remember rightly you need to have at least 45 seconds to 1 minuet between posts / comments.

making more then 10 posts in 10 minuets will trigger a spam system that will stop members from posting.

"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue. Left1212"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue. Center11"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue. Right112
"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue. Ape_b110
"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue. Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by JCKane February 13th 2018, 12:45 am

Well, also stops them from viewing too... Though actually, I can STILL create threads during this time.. just since I'm doing 2 posts per thread (or more if a match did more than 1 RP).

Do you happen to know how long the 'time out' will last?
JCKane
JCKane

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 13th 2018, 8:43 am

JCKane wrote:Hello, so I wasn't really sure where to put this.  But anyways, I'm having an issue with my forums.  Pretty much what happens is that the forum's has a short of "You're posting to much to fast" 'time out' thing.  When it reaches this, for X ammount of time (seriously I don't know how long it stays this way) Any thread that I click on will Re-Direct me to the default "My first thread" that came when I originally created the boards.   Eventually, it will start working normally again.
This is a known thing.  It happens when you are posting too much in a short period of time, doing many moderation actions at once, etc.  It has happened to me many times on one of my forums.

When posting, the post is exactly posted but another post loads when you send it.

"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by JCKane February 14th 2018, 2:11 am

SLGray wrote:
JCKane wrote:Hello, so I wasn't really sure where to put this.  But anyways, I'm having an issue with my forums.  Pretty much what happens is that the forum's has a short of "You're posting to much to fast" 'time out' thing.  When it reaches this, for X ammount of time (seriously I don't know how long it stays this way) Any thread that I click on will Re-Direct me to the default "My first thread" that came when I originally created the boards.   Eventually, it will start working normally again.
This is a known thing.  It happens when you are posting too much in a short period of time, doing many moderation actions at once, etc.  It has happened to me many times on one of my forums.

When posting, the post is exactly posted but another post loads when you send it.

Ok, but does anyone know how long the "You can't post again" thing lasts?
JCKane
JCKane

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 14th 2018, 5:02 am

What you are talking about is something different. 

What do you have it set on in the administration panel for the duration between posts/topics?

"Time Out" For posting to much at one time issue. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down