The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unauthorized Guest sent a PM concerning advertising.

Go down

Solved Unauthorized Guest sent a PM concerning advertising.

Post by Guest July 21st 2018, 10:06 pm

Hello there! I sincerely apologize if this is in the wrong forum or so. Smile I searched for some time to see if this had been a question that had been already covered, but I was unable to find anything, so I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed.

Anyway, I have a concern: I have a site that belonged to me and an old friend that we used to roleplay on that we no longer use (it's basically an archive now), but I still log in everyone once in awhile to make sure nothing has been tampered with and everything is in its original state. I logged in today and checked my pms, seeing I had a couple new ones (one was from my old friend), and I saw that there was a guest that had sent me a private message. This extremely concerns me, as I do not have the forum accessible to guests in anyway-they can't pm, can't check forums...Nothing.
Here's the private message in concern:
Unauthorized Guest sent a PM concerning advertising. Pm110
Unauthorized Guest sent a PM concerning advertising. Pm310
(I took out the skype name and email address, just to be safe case. If there's anything else I need to remove, I will gladly do so).
I checked around in the admin settings and saw I had been enlisted in a forum directory (which I removed myself from), so this is the only reason I suspect I got this message in the first place, as I do not believe my forum has any traffic.
I was just wondering if this is an affiliate of Forumotion that has access to sending pms, regardless of how private the forum is? Or is this some sort of spam/scam message that was sent via hacking or something?

I hope that all made sense! I appreciate any help from this, as it admittedly has me freaked out. Smile
Thanks in advance! Best wishes, all!

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Unauthorized Guest sent a PM concerning advertising.

Post by SLGray July 21st 2018, 10:29 pm

Notice the PM's title:  [Contact].  It means that the person used the contact link in the footer links.

Unauthorized Guest sent a PM concerning advertising. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2018, 10:50 pm

SLGray wrote:Notice the PM's title:  [Contact].  It means that the person used the contact link in the footer links.
Ah....That makes a lot of sense. Wow. Doh I've never had any interaction with the contact links and such and forgot they existed...I feel so foolish, haha! I feel so much better knowing it wasn't hacked or something.
Thank you so so much! Bow 3 I appreciate the help. Best wishes!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 21st 2018, 10:54 pm

You're welcome.
Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Unauthorized Guest sent a PM concerning advertising. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down