The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The topic or post you requested does not exist

4 posters

Go down

Solved The topic or post you requested does not exist

Post by azwiz January 1st 2021, 1:45 pm

OMG . I was going along make a series of about 30 posts . I verified each one and the clicked " new topic . And went on . When 1 of them said " The topic or post you requested does not exist " . I said WTF ? so I backed up and tried again . Same thing . " The topic or post you requested does not exist "

Then I checked the 30 other posts I had just made . They all said the same thing . They were fully installed just minutes before .

What is going on ?

Oh crap . I just checked another page that was already open . Every topic says The topic or post you requested does not exist.

I am afraid to close them out and reboot .

If they need restored what do I do ?

Should I log out and back in ?

I will wait for a response .

Happy new Year

What the hell man . Every post in my website says The topic or post you requested does not exist that amounts to tens of thousands . What happened ?

Okay so I just opened my website in CHROME . Everything seems to be fine there .

What should I do with firefox ?

Okay . Since it was fine in chrome . I took a chance and closed out firefox . Restarted it . And everything was fine . Whew !

Any idea what caused that ? Have you heard of it before ?

This is solved but I would like some sort of response before I click thank you and solved . Please .

Thanks for the help BTW . Lol .

Ape wrote:Did you do Two backup's ?

I mean back up to the date you wanted to go to then do the newest date ? If no then that is why you lost some posts.

I didn't do any back ups .

SLGray wrote:It sounds like your Firefox''s cache might have got corrupted. Sometimes changing many things at once can cause this. This can also happen when you are making changes to your forum. You should try clearing your cache and history.

I was doing some serious posting and editing . I was downloading and posting about 100 30 second YouTube videos into 3 different forums in my site . Doing it too quickly . overloading the caches undoubtedly . Especially with the slow internet I have . I checked every forum and all that was there was the titles to the forums . No content in anything . I thought that was strange . I almost panicked . But when I tested it in chrome . Everything was there . So I closed out my browser . Cleaned and cleared it . Logged back in . It was all good .
But you can't imagine what I first thought when literally all of the content on everything I opened said " The topic or post you requested does not exist."

I'm sure glad it wasn't really gone .

I didn't do a restore . I was going to . But I guess it was an illusion or just not really strong enough to fill all the codes and demands I was putting on it . I will just have to be more careful .

Thanks

I will be open to any tips you might have . But it's all good now .

I can thank and click solved now .

Last edited by azwiz on January 3rd 2021, 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The topic or post you requested does not exist

Post by Ape January 1st 2021, 7:23 pm

Did you do Two backup's ?

I mean back up to the date you wanted to go to then do the newest date ? If no then that is why you lost some posts.

color post - The topic or post you requested does not exist Left1212color post - The topic or post you requested does not exist Center11color post - The topic or post you requested does not exist Right112
color post - The topic or post you requested does not exist Ape_b110
color post - The topic or post you requested does not exist Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19150
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 1st 2021, 9:35 pm

It sounds like your Firefox''s cache might have got corrupted.   Sometimes changing many things at once can cause this.   This can also happen when you are making changes to your forum.   You should try clearing your cache and history.

color post - The topic or post you requested does not exist Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51506
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz January 3rd 2021, 11:21 am

No . Maybe you could tell me what type of back up you are referring ? It might be good for me to know .

Thank you
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki January 3rd 2021, 12:29 pm

is this solved ? cause you marked it as solved
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15167
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 3rd 2021, 10:05 pm

azwiz wrote:  OMG . I was going along make a series of about 30 posts . I verified each one and the clicked " new topic . And went on . When 1 of them said " The topic or post you requested does not exist " . I said WTF ? so I backed up and tried again . Same thing . " The topic or post you requested does not exist "

Then I checked the 30 other posts I had just made . They all said the same thing . They were fully installed just minutes before .

What is going on ?

Oh crap . I just checked another page that was already open . Every topic says The topic or post you requested does not exist.

I am afraid to close them out and reboot .

If they need restored what do I do ?

Should I log out and back in ?

I will wait for a response .

Happy new Year

What the hell man . Every post in my website says The topic or post you requested does not exist that amounts to tens of thousands . What happened ?

Okay so I just opened my website in CHROME . Everything seems to be fine there .

What should I do with firefox ?

Okay . Since it was fine in chrome . I took a chance and closed out firefox . Restarted it . And everything was fine . Whew !

Any idea what caused that ? Have you heard of it before ?

This is solved but I would like some sort of response before I click thank you and solved . Please .

Thanks for the help BTW . Lol .

I mean back up to the date you wanted to go to then do the newest date ?  If no then that is why you lost some posts.

I didn't do any back ups .

SLGray wrote:It sounds like your Firefox''s cache might have got corrupted.   Sometimes changing many things at once can cause this.   This can also happen when you are making changes to your forum.   You should try clearing your cache and history.

I was doing some serious posting and editing . I was downloading and posting about 100 30 second YouTube videos into 3 different forums in my site . Doing it too quickly . overloading the caches undoubtedly . Especially with the slow internet I have . I checked every forum and all that was there was the titles to the forums . No content in anything . I thought that was strange . I almost panicked . But when I tested it in chrome . Everything was there . So I closed out my browser . Cleaned and cleared it . Logged back in . It was all good .
 But you can't imagine what I first thought when literally all of the content on everything I opened said " The topic or post you requested does not exist."

I'm sure glad it wasn't really gone .

I didn't do a restore . I was going to . But I guess it was an illusion or just not really strong enough to fill all the codes and demands I was putting on it . I will just have to be more careful .

Thanks

I will be open to any tips you might have . But it's all good now .

I can thank and click solved now .
In the future, it would be best to create a new post with the solution if there have been replies.
Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

color post - The topic or post you requested does not exist Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51506
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down