The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Search Console

3 posters

Go down

PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Empty Google Search Console

Post by dotdotdot2 March 26th 2021, 1:01 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
When the problem appeared : This month
Forum link : https://www.clooneysopenhouse.com

Description of problem

As the founder of the site, I received an email from google stating:

Google systems have determined that you're not seeing at least 96% of your Google Search data in Search Console. This is because Search Console records data separately for all subdomains and protocols, and you have not verified ownership of all these site variations.
To avoid this problem, we recommend verifying your Domain property clooneysopenhouse.com. Domain properties consolidate all your data and tasks from all subdomain and protocol variations of your site. Any new subdomains or protocols that you add later are also included automatically in your Domain property. Learn more about Domain properties.
Verify your Domain property to see all your data in one place.

I've clicked on the link to verify my domain property and have received the code. I'm unable to progress further because I'm not able to complete the following two steps:

1. Sign in to your domain name provider (e.g. godaddy.com or namecheap.com)
2. Copy the TXT record below into the DNS configuration for clooneysopenhouse.com

Who do I contact at Forumotion to insert the txt record into the DNS configuration for me?

Thanks in advance for help
dotdotdot2
dotdotdot2

Language : English

https://www.clooneysopenhouse.com

Back to top Go down

PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Empty Re: Google Search Console

Post by The Godfather March 26th 2021, 3:15 pm

Hello @dotdotdot2

Adding a "domain" property on Google Search Console is restrictive because this addition requires going through the DNS configuration of the domain.

In the case of a domain purchased via our service, this manipulation is impossible because it is our account with the registrar. You therefore do not have access to it. You will not be able to do this for your domain www.clooneysopenhouse.com Wink

Likewise, there is no benefit in adding a "domain" property for a single forum. This is useful in the case of a domain like "forumotion.com" which has thousands of subdomains for example.
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Ape and TonnyKamper like this post

Back to top Go down

PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Empty Re: Google Search Console

Post by Ape April 5th 2021, 4:15 am

Hello @dotdotdot2

Is this now solved?

If yes please press the mark solved button that can be found at the top of this topic

Thank you.

Ape

PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Left1212PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Center11PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Right112
PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Ape_b110
PhpBB2 - Google Search Console Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down