The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

API Forumotion

3 posters

Go down

API Forumotion Empty API Forumotion

Post by Ganso December 10th 2023, 5:12 am

Good night,

Firstly, I would like to appeal to the team not to remove my topic because we need to innovate Forumotion because unfortunately it has lagged behind a bit.

Let's get to the point, Forumotion API.

I have been conducting some tests and have decided to start creating an API for Forumotion. I am working on various things, such as user lists, topics, post content, among other things, including information modification, but it's quite complex, and I have been thinking about the secure way to do it.

I will leave below a route for you to test and provide your feedback and suggestions, ehehe.

My API: Temporarily unavailable

Currently, I only provide the "/profile" route because I am still developing the others.

Code:
const userId = "112971";
const forum = "help.forumotion.com";

const apiUrl = `https://api.punbb-community.com/profile?id=${userId}&forum=${forum}`;

fetch(apiUrl)
  .then((response) => {
    if (!response.ok) {
      throw new Error("Failed to fetch profile data");
    }
    return response.json();
  })
  .then((profileData) => {
    console.log(profileData);
  })
  .catch((error) => {
    console.error("Error fetching profile data:", error);
  });

In the "userId" field, please enter the user ID for the information you want to see. In the "forum" field, enter the forum link for verification (do not include https://).

The result will be something like this:
API Forumotion FpPovrJ

What do you think?

Best regards,
Ganso

Last edited by Ganso on January 19th 2024, 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso

Language : Portuguese

Shek likes this post

Back to top Go down

API Forumotion Empty Re: API Forumotion

Post by SLGray December 10th 2023, 6:35 am

What exactly does the link suppose to load?

API Forumotion Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51503
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso December 10th 2023, 6:44 am

Good morning @SLGray,

The objective is to easily access user information, this is just a route to access the user profile fields you want, however, it is possible to do much more such as changing profile fields for a specific user.
For script creators, it's one of the best things there is because it makes their lives easier, and it will also reduce the weight of a script on the forums.

I'm developing more routes: "/members", "/topics" "/topic" "/post" but the routes that require authentication are already something that the logistics are much more complicated.

With the right knowledge, anything is possible.
Ganso
Ganso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 12th 2023, 10:47 am

This is actually very good. Nice work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ December 20th 2023, 12:58 am

Care to explain this a bit further. Maybe with some screenshots? Also where would the code go? I'm looking into this on my own time. But I just want to understand how this would work if it were a feature offered by FM.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso January 20th 2024, 5:28 pm

@SLGray -> Answering your question in more detail so you can understand a little better, using the link below you can test to your heart's content, all the routes are working perfectly and the information is only from my forum currently because everything is still under development.

Sir Chivas™ wrote: Care to explain this a bit further. Maybe with some screenshots? Also where would the code go? I'm looking into this on my own time. But I just want to understand how this would work if it were a feature offered by FM.

To understand better, access the link below that may answer your questions.
If it were something offered by FM, it would certainly be different and with much more detail because it is impossible for me to access the information due to not having access, but I can say that I have already carried out some complex tests and I can confirm that even changing anything on the panel administrator of my forum directly through the API, which could be interesting for creating scripts with autoinstallers that do the boring work for administrators who have very little experience. Among many other things.

Btw, I leave the link below if you want to test it too.

To test any route, just choose and click on "Try it out", and then on "Execute", if you have parameters to fill in, everything is explained there.

Remembering that I have more routes in development but these are already quite interesting.

Link: https://api.punbb-community.com/docs/

I'm working to make this API dynamic so it can be used in other forums, of course.
Ganso
Ganso

Sir Chivas™ likes this post

Back to top Go down