The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal-News

2 posters

Go down

Portal-News Empty Portal-News

Post by Rocky June 26th 2008, 4:27 pm

Ok, I put 'News' widget on my portal. In widget options i set the board of the news. It all works fine, except that 'News' widget doesn't display Sticky or Announcement posts of that board. It only displays normal posts, but not that "important" ones. Why is that?
Rocky
Rocky

Male Posts : 20
Language : Croatian

Back to top Go down

Portal-News Empty Re: Portal-News

Post by zakir321 June 26th 2008, 6:53 pm

That's just how that module works - that way you have an option to create global announcements even in the news section (for example a welcome or introduction thread) that would always appear in your news module.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky June 26th 2008, 7:16 pm

I'm not quite sure I understood. You say that I can make announcement inside my 'News' widget? How? I mean, even if I could do that, it would be same if that widget just showed an announcement which is inside given board, wouldn't it? What I figured out is that I have to make completely new widget.
Rocky
Rocky

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 27th 2008, 7:00 pm

Sorry for being a little unclear, what I meant is that you can create announcements inside the forum that you use for your news module. They won't appear on the widget then.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky June 27th 2008, 7:44 pm

Yes, i know they won't appear on the widget, my question is why? Very Happy
It doesn't make sense, sometimes I have some important announcement that i want to be displayed on my portal, and for that i have to make whole new widged, instead of just making new announcement post in my board which would be shown in portal. Complicated, isn't it?
Rocky
Rocky

Back to top Go down