The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I verify my forum to google using webmaster tools?

+3
MrMario
Sanket
admin_capital punishment
7 posters

Go down

How do I verify my forum to google using webmaster tools? Empty How do I verify my forum to google using webmaster tools?

Post by admin_capital punishment April 17th 2009, 12:03 pm

I just don't know how to do it with my forum.

here's the link: http://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

please help
admin_capital punishment

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How do I verify my forum to google using webmaster tools? Empty Re: How do I verify my forum to google using webmaster tools?

Post by Sanket April 17th 2009, 4:52 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How do I verify my forum to google using webmaster tools? Empty Re: How do I verify my forum to google using webmaster tools?

Post by admin_capital punishment April 18th 2009, 2:06 am

Sorry but that only sort of helped. Google still couldn't verify my site.

After i get to Referencing : metatags where do i type the metatag into.

can someone please give me some sort of example.
admin_capital punishment

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 18th 2009, 6:08 am

Should be here

Come back to the admin panel of your board>>>Display>>>Homepage>>>General. You will see a box for meta tags. Your google meta tag MUST go in the top of this box at the very start or it wont work. Add the meta tag and save.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by admin_capital punishment April 18th 2009, 7:16 am

Your google meta tag MUST go in the top of this box at the very start or it wont work. Add the meta tag and save.

i just don't understand this part though
admin_capital punishment

Back to top Go down

Post by deathlike May 14th 2009, 11:42 am

I Can't open my forum site when I tried to verify it????
deathlike

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by watergirl May 19th 2009, 2:35 am

I keep trying to verify mine as well...however, it doesn't work. It keeps saying "not verified".

Also, there is a google bot that keeps coming on my forum....do I need to panic about this?

I tried adding the meta tags to the first box on the meta tags part, and I save it, then go to try to verify and it won't.

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
watergirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok May 19th 2009, 2:39 am

Hm, try reading my tutorial on How to add keywords (metatags).
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by watergirl May 19th 2009, 2:48 am

it's not working....I tried doing it under the Referencing : metatags and the Additional tags , neither one is allowing me to verify.

Not sure what is going on...but the google bot is loving my forum tonight...not so sure I'm loving the google bot.
watergirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok May 19th 2009, 2:52 am

Well, it's always useful to wait at least 24-96 approximate hours for your forum to appear on search engines such as Google. However, in order for your forum to actually appear on any search engine, you must have many keys on your forum such as posts and topics. Create many posts / topic on your forum for a while and wait for your forum to become active; and then wait and see if your forum appears on Google.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by watergirl May 19th 2009, 2:54 am

so should I be scared of the bot, or is it my friend?
watergirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok May 19th 2009, 2:56 am

There shuold be no reason to be scared. If a search engine bot is on your forum, then that's a positive thing. It shows that your forum made it to that search engine and that users are active within the search engine and your forum.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by watergirl May 19th 2009, 2:58 am

oh, ok...I didn't know if it was going to attack my forum and take it over...like space aliens or something...you never know these days!
watergirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by watergirl May 19th 2009, 2:58 am

thanks! Hello
watergirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok May 19th 2009, 3:00 am

No, there's nothing to be affraid of when it comes to bots.
No problem.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 19th 2009, 12:31 pm

watergirl posting back to back within a 24 hour period is prohibited.Next time please just edit within your previous post.Also please be sure to read all forums rules stickies and announcements.
thank you
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down