The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

+24
TE Xifex
kjmj14
Nazar
Xenos
HBX210
Rehua
Fishyyy12
analog_s1_t4
Ace12
Toddster55555
Master Marc
Xiso
Sanket
Mehtevas
Blofeld
RikaComet
Trilinx
Jalokim
MrMega
Doctor Inferno
maxtiger
Rok
Darren1
dragonintel
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 Empty The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

Post by dragonintel July 24th 2009, 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Its back and its better then ever!
The Fourth installment of "the best of" contest started all those years ago by Kilsek.

Its time to showcase your forums, buff them up, grab the makeup box and make them look good.
Submit your forum to the best panel of judges, THE USERS OF THIS FORUM, and have your forums be evaluated in the three categories....

+Graphics Display
+Forum Layout and Organization
+Activity

If your forum is evaluated the best in all three categories, you will receive the best forum overall award, which signifies you the top forum hosted on the English Forumotion services.

This is the timefreame of the contest...
1. The submissions of your forum start today, this will last for two weeks.
2. The first round of voting will start, this will last one week.
3. The bottom half of the forums that were voted on will be dropped.
4. The remaining forums will be voted on again, and the top four forum will be selected, this will last one week.
5. The four forums will be voted on by the staff of forumotion and the officials of this competition to determine which prize they will recieve, this will last 2 days.

Before anyone complains, this contest has been authorized by Caihlem and Nessa. Thanks guys!!!!

And the only other person (other then staff) allowed to run this contest is Darren.

Thanks, now get out the photoshop and html pages (these will be taken into account) and get working on your forums!!!

Thanks For Participating
Drag~

P.S. To submit your forum, reply to this topic with the following format...

Code:
[b]Site Name:[/b]
[b]Site Link:[/b]
[b]Thumbnail (ONLY) image:[/b]
[b]A SINGLE paragraph site description:[/b]
[b]Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.):[/b]

Last edited by dragonintel on August 9th 2009, 12:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit To update remaining time left! ;))
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392
Language : English

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

Post by Rok July 26th 2009, 1:27 am

Are the screenshots obligatory?
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

Post by Darren1 July 26th 2009, 1:38 am

Rok wrote:Are the screenshots obligatory?

No, but it is nice to have a screenshot of ur forum.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiso July 26th 2009, 2:05 am

It urges people to come to your forum, seeing as they know what it looks like. Wink
Xiso
Xiso
Forumember

Male Posts : 463

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonintel July 26th 2009, 2:23 am

comon people submit your forums!!!

(Found a nice wireless hotspot for my iTouch.... but never goin to see it again =( )
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 26th 2009, 2:43 am

yay Nice to see drag again loove
Its been good for 1 day Smile

Last edited by darren1 on July 26th 2009, 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiso July 26th 2009, 2:44 am

I didn't know Drag went on holiday. Embarassed
Xiso
Xiso
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 26th 2009, 2:48 am

Xiso wrote:I didn't know Drag went on holiday. Embarassed

Because he hasn't said it publicly tongue
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiso July 26th 2009, 3:17 am

Hasn't he? Isn't this enough proof..?

dragonintel wrote:Hey,

I've taken a holiday for a while, so I'll be back soon!

See you soon,
Dragonintel
Xiso
Xiso
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno July 26th 2009, 4:08 am

We should have more voting criterias like SEO and quality of content.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddster55555 July 26th 2009, 12:20 pm

Site Name: Royal Empires League United
Site Link: http://www.relforum.forumn.org
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:
The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 Forumthumb
A SINGLE paragraph site description:
Royal Empires League United Gaming Community has been running since late 2007. We have a great community forum that is for everyone, even non-members or non-gamers. We have received great reviews in the past and have over 170 signed up members, with around 10 active members each day, and old friends/members appearing at times. All-in-all, the forum is a great place for everyone!
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Gaming/Entertainment
Toddster55555

Language : Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 26th 2009, 12:23 pm

Doctor Inferno wrote:We should have more voting criterias like SEO and quality of content.

its almost as if I've heard this before

till when can we enter the entries?
I want to fix up testjal before entering.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 26th 2009, 12:52 pm

Jalo, doc - ill talk with drag when he gets back in connection with me (as said before)

Todd; accepted; ill add u tomorrow when I get back home Wink

EDIT

Jalo, for 2 weeks, read the first thread
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2009, 2:07 pm

Site Name:Gamesfriend
Site Link:www.gamesfriend.com

Thumbnail (ONLY) image: The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 15fkb2t

A SINGLE paragraph site description: Are you a teenager who's bored of the same old forum that never gives you the chance to speak your mind? Gamesfriend is designed for 13-18 year olds who just want to talk & have fun. It's so easy to settle in with us as our community are so welcoming to new people! If you just want to settle down, feel involved with everyone & talk with people your age, we're the place for you.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): General

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 26th 2009, 7:05 pm

darren and drag what are the chances you can do without the html page?
I'm happy making the awards... eh
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc July 26th 2009, 7:26 pm

darren1 wrote:
Xiso wrote:Mr.Maker, I think I've heard of him before. He must be Mr.GFXmaker, is he the one? Very Happy

LMFAO!

No he is not Wink

Marc ~ Accepted.

Can I please get screen shots for forums please, it help us decide of the competence of ur forum.
You can put it in a spoiler, or however you like it Smile
@Darren,
That is a screenshot of my forum if your talking to me,lmao...

ScreenShot :

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 Gg10

I gave you it already in my first post, Wink
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 27th 2009, 5:24 am

Xiso removed; Member is banned hence disqualified lmao.

Pogo and Todd now added =)

Marc, it was to those who had missed the screenshot

Jalo, I think we can go without the HTML page; its of no necessity.
And thanks for completing the prizes.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace12 July 27th 2009, 6:22 am

Site Name: Light Duel Academy
Site Link: http://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:
The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 2pshtvd
A SINGLE paragraph site description: We're a small community of people who use a simple flash game to gather around. We also are a friendly community, have lenient staff, mostly we're a good place. A cool thing is that we were created on Valentine's Day, which makes us a kinda bit unique, and I made it in an attempt to redeem myself, because I got fired on another forum I was mod in, for half a year. Most people might not join us, because of the reason we play Yu-Gi-Oh!, regarded as a children's card game, even if adults play it as well. We're a diverse community, even if we base our forum around a children's card game.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Gaming
Ace12
Ace12

Language : English, traces of other languages.

http://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 27th 2009, 9:18 am

Ace, accepted.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddster55555 July 27th 2009, 9:40 am

Darren, you didn't add my thumbnail image to the description in your list. Grr Razz
Toddster55555

Language : Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 27th 2009, 9:43 am

Toddster55555 wrote:Darren, you didn't add my thumbnail image to the description in your list. Grr Razz

Indeed it appears that way; It's just firefox not understanding my keyboard, because XP doesnt understand wireless technology like it should; Ill correct that right now Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 29th 2009, 3:52 am

Dawa Anyone else?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by analog_s1_t4 July 29th 2009, 7:16 am

CONTENT REMOVED~~MEMBER BANNED
analog_s1_t4

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 29th 2009, 10:33 am

Bump, thanking the noob for post Razz
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 30th 2009, 2:46 am

>< Bump

PM me if u want to get up me please
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 30th 2009, 11:49 am

Site Name: TestjalCSS - See what forumotion can do
Site Link: http://testjalcss.7forum.net/forum.htm
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 2 Testjs10
A SINGLE paragraph site description: TestjalCSS - The build site. A forum different from the rest, its main goal is not to stack up members or type out posts. Testjal is about showcasing the very best of forumotion in a brisk and simple way. Testjal proves that with a bit of brain power and getting your hands dirty you can create the forum of your dreams.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Graphics
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 30th 2009, 12:38 pm

Jalokim accepted (Now just waiting placehold to arrive )) )
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 30th 2009, 1:32 pm

darren1 wrote:Jalokim accepted (Now just waiting placehold to arrive )) )
placehold?

with what forum?
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonintel July 30th 2009, 10:29 pm

his new forum...... something that he created.
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 31st 2009, 5:15 am

dragonintel wrote:his new forum...... something that he created.

It appears as if my friend here has beaten me to posting this Razz
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno July 31st 2009, 8:19 am

dragonintel wrote:his new forum...... something that he created.

I don't think he has a forum now. Shocked
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next