The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

+24
TE Xifex
kjmj14
Nazar
Xenos
HBX210
Rehua
Fishyyy12
analog_s1_t4
Ace12
Toddster55555
Master Marc
Xiso
Sanket
Mehtevas
Blofeld
RikaComet
Trilinx
Jalokim
MrMega
Doctor Inferno
maxtiger
Rok
Darren1
dragonintel
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Empty The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

Post by dragonintel July 24th 2009, 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Its back and its better then ever!
The Fourth installment of "the best of" contest started all those years ago by Kilsek.

Its time to showcase your forums, buff them up, grab the makeup box and make them look good.
Submit your forum to the best panel of judges, THE USERS OF THIS FORUM, and have your forums be evaluated in the three categories....

+Graphics Display
+Forum Layout and Organization
+Activity

If your forum is evaluated the best in all three categories, you will receive the best forum overall award, which signifies you the top forum hosted on the English Forumotion services.

This is the timefreame of the contest...
1. The submissions of your forum start today, this will last for two weeks.
2. The first round of voting will start, this will last one week.
3. The bottom half of the forums that were voted on will be dropped.
4. The remaining forums will be voted on again, and the top four forum will be selected, this will last one week.
5. The four forums will be voted on by the staff of forumotion and the officials of this competition to determine which prize they will recieve, this will last 2 days.

Before anyone complains, this contest has been authorized by Caihlem and Nessa. Thanks guys!!!!

And the only other person (other then staff) allowed to run this contest is Darren.

Thanks, now get out the photoshop and html pages (these will be taken into account) and get working on your forums!!!

Thanks For Participating
Drag~

P.S. To submit your forum, reply to this topic with the following format...

Code:
[b]Site Name:[/b]
[b]Site Link:[/b]
[b]Thumbnail (ONLY) image:[/b]
[b]A SINGLE paragraph site description:[/b]
[b]Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.):[/b]

Last edited by dragonintel on August 9th 2009, 12:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit To update remaining time left! ;))
dragonintel
dragonintel
Forumember

Male Posts : 392
Language : English

http://bestof.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

Post by Fishyyy12 July 31st 2009, 9:58 am

Site Name:Friendshipworld
Site Link: http://friendshipworld.niceboard.org
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:
The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 33peaon

A SINGLE paragraph site description:Friendshipworld is a online site for guides of babv.
friendshipworld gives you the exclusive scoop for all the new and exciting things on babv.
Get online codes,meet friends and have a trading area!

Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.
Gaming/entertainment
Fishyyy12
Fishyyy12
Forumember

Female Posts : 101

http://friendshipworld.niceboard.net/

Back to top Go down

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Empty Re: The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~

Post by Darren1 August 1st 2009, 3:53 am

Fishyyy12 ~ Accepted Smile

Anyone else?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas August 1st 2009, 4:10 am

Hey Darren, when does this end?
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 1st 2009, 11:06 am

[quote="first message by drag -_-]This is the timefreame of the contest...
1. The submissions of your forum start today, this will last for two weeks.
2. The first round of voting will start, this will last one week.
3. The bottom half of the forums that were voted on will be dropped.
4. The remaining forums will be voted on again, and the top four forum will be selected, this will last one week.
The four forums will be voted on by the staff of forumotion and the
officials of this competition to determine which prize they will
recieve, this will last 2 days.[/quote]

Notice: The time for voting has been shortened so the final winner is announced eairler than expected!

Pogosheep's application updated as request.

It's still going, more people participate please!!
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim August 1st 2009, 11:50 am

not a lot of sites entered?
you need to make more publicity
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua August 1st 2009, 12:23 pm

*sigh* I would enter, but I can't take pictures. (I've a Mac with Windows on it. No Printscreen button)
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Male Posts : 669
Language : Dutch, English, German, French

http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 1st 2009, 12:37 pm

Jalokim wrote:not a lot of sites entered?
you need to make more publicity

Got any suggestions?

Niels wrote:*sigh* I would enter, but I can't take pictures. (I've a Mac with Windows on it. No Printscreen button)

Screenshots aren't necessary, but are useful tools to help judge Wink

screen shot tut or mac users
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by HBX210 August 1st 2009, 1:14 pm

Site Name: Games World
Site Link: http://gamesworldforum.forumotion.net
Thumbnail (ONLY) image: https://2img.net/h/i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp197/VampiricPadraig/GWF.png
A SINGLE paragraph site description: Games World is a Irish Gaming forum with up to date news and events as it happens.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Gaming
HBX210
HBX210
Forumember

Male Posts : 163
Language : Forumotion Helper

http://wiffy.forumotion.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenos August 1st 2009, 1:19 pm

Site Name: Parrots Paradise
Site Link: http://agreyworld.naturalforum.net/index.htm
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:
The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Sited
A SINGLE paragraph site description: This site is dedicated to help and support Parrots and there owners, We cover every species of parrot and have reference to all 350 and more species with each species individually linked to the relevant page on Wiki for Visual identification and Species details. You can come in and ask any question you want whether its from diet problems or just to post videos and stories about your parrot.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Animals & pets

Last edited by Xenos on August 3rd 2009, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Xenos
Xenos
Forumember

Male Posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua August 1st 2009, 4:12 pm

Niels wrote:*sigh* I would enter, but I can't take pictures. (I've a Mac with Windows on it. No Printscreen button)
darren1 wrote:
Screenshots aren't necessary, but are useful tools to help judge Wink

screen shot tut for mac users

Fixed it. Anyway, I have a Mac Computer with a Windows operating system on it. All my programs are on Windows not on Mac. (My mac got reset 2 weeks ago Confused)
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua August 1st 2009, 4:48 pm

Site Name: The Fruit Forums
Site Link: http://fruit.forumotion.net
Thumbnail (ONLY) image: Sorry, I'm unable to take pics Sad
A SINGLE paragraph site description: The Fruit Forums is a site started about the game "Myninjakiwi". That game closes at August 10th. We're now a site for random talking and discussing everything. At this moment we have 34 members (I deleted about 10 of them yesterday) and we're up for 2 weeks now.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Miscellaneous
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar August 1st 2009, 5:22 pm

Site Name:Fuji Planet
Site Link: www.fuji.forumotion.com
Thumbnail (ONLY) image: The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 A10
A SINGLE paragraph site description: Fuji Planet is a general forum with three main services:
Graphics-Requesting and showing off your graphics skills
Reviews-This is where you can request any kind of product you want and our official reviewers will review it (Just Opened)
The Arcade-Play tons of fun games in this section and share your levels with our 4 new level editors
Overall, we are a fairly active community with over 13000 posts and 100+ members,
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Graphics? lolwuh?
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 2nd 2009, 1:16 am

All accepted!

Thanks guys!!

EXPRESS EDIT:

If we get over 20 participants (Only need 5 more) we will add back the 2nd week of voting and we will also announce the best of each category
That means that if you have a rarely used category then you will have a better chance of winning an award

C'mon! Get ur rear into gear and enter!!!!!!!!!
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 2nd 2009, 11:01 am

Bumping up.....
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 August 2nd 2009, 12:49 pm

Site Name: Pokémon Mania
Site Link: http://pokemon-mania.forummotion.com
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:
The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Pokemonmaniapreview
A SINGLE paragraph site description: All about pokemons are mostly discussed here.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Games & RPG
kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795

http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TE Xifex August 2nd 2009, 2:58 pm

Site Name:Ericko's Forums. Support Site for Ericko's Garry's Mod Servers (Sandbox / Spacebuild 2)
Site Link:Ericko's Forums
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 2mo57px
A SINGLE paragraph site description: Hello and greetings to all formotion users! Our community started just 2 months ago as a game server for the half life based source engine mod Garry's Mod. The Team and I have put together a community for fellow gaming enthusiasts who come from varring backgrounds. The forums are our support site for the Garry's mod servers which contain all additional mods and tools that may be used by people who join our servers. The forum is about 2-3 weeks old and already has close to 20 users and growing daily. Xifex - me and Ericko are the founders of this forum of course not without the support of forumotion.com. I work primary on the forums and graphics while Erikco manages our servers.

Note: most of the forums are set so guests are not able to see. Whomever would like to review the forums please let me know so I may give you full reading access of our forums. Again thank you forumotion for all that you do.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Internet Gaming Community
TE Xifex
TE Xifex

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma8432 August 2nd 2009, 3:28 pm

Site Name: Warrior Cats World
Site Link: http://warriorcatsworld.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Thumbnail (ONLY) image: The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 33o71c2
A SINGLE paragraph site description: My website is about a book called Warriors. It is a fun and friendly community to talk about the book, chat, and have fun.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): I am not sure, maybe books?
Emma8432
Emma8432
Forumember

Female Posts : 219
Language : Meep

http://warriorcatsworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno August 2nd 2009, 4:39 pm

I will enter, im just finishing my website up. Will post in due time deffinatly today.
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 3rd 2009, 1:16 am

Thanks for entering everyone, ur all accepted Very Happy

Beno, take ur time, were still open until friday Smile

How many more people want to participate?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 3rd 2009, 8:31 am

Bump......
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by br4dl3y2013 August 3rd 2009, 10:05 am

Site Name:MyTube
Site Link:http://mytube.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Thumbnail (ONLY) image:
The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Mytube16
A SINGLE paragraph site description: MyTube is all about haveing fun, and communicating with others.
Category you want your site listed in (If we think your site fits in a better category, we will place it in such.): Umm Teens?
br4dl3y2013
br4dl3y2013
Forumember

Male Posts : 255

http://mytube.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Empty Re

Post by babroman21 August 3rd 2009, 10:17 am

site name : my best friends

site URL : www.meschersamis.topgoo.net

Thumbnail ( only image ) : The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 644734083
babroman21

Male Posts : 16
Language : العربية

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 3rd 2009, 10:18 am

Bradly, accepted - ur in "Computers and the internet"
babroman21, sorry because ur forum isn't English we can't accept it.

Reminder of the categories you can chose from:

Gaming
Role Playing
Graphics
Computers & the Internet
Hobbies
Animals & pets
Sports
Family
Arts & Culture
Music & T.V shows
General

These are the only ones to chose from, please do NOT make up ur own The Best of Forumotion Contest Submission Thread ~ [CLOSED] ~ - Page 3 Redface

Notice: we only need 1 more forum to officially make 1 winner per category

Good luck all!
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by TE Xifex August 3rd 2009, 1:10 pm

formotion staff i have question. Even with my forum settings set to guest not being able to see but a few categories which are built for new users. Would forumotion staff be able to see my whole forum? or would i need to give special access to the forumotion staff member(s) who are going to review our forum for this contest.

Thanks
Team Ericko
- TE Xifex
TE Xifex
TE Xifex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim August 3rd 2009, 3:13 pm

I want to change the name of my forum...

its tealeaf graphics
tealeafgraphics.7forum.net
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 August 3rd 2009, 3:21 pm

Jalokim wrote:I want to change the name of my forum...

its tealeaf graphics

Nice forum Jalo... Very Happy

Hope I can make forum like yours.... Wink
kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795

http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 4th 2009, 2:56 am

TE Xifex wrote:formotion staff i have question. Even with my forum settings set to guest not being able to see but a few categories which are built for new users. Would forumotion staff be able to see my whole forum? or would i need to give special access to the forumotion staff member(s) who are going to review our forum for this contest.

Thanks
Team Ericko
- TE Xifex

We will view & judge ur forum as is, from a guests perspective, you may open more of the forum up to a guest so that we can view addition area's of your forum ( Of-cause, this may not always be benifficial to you, but it may be benifficial so who know's )
There are Staff and Members voting in the several rounds of voting too ....

Jalokim wrote:I want to change the name of my forum...

its tealeaf graphics

Will do ASAP when IE stops loading (im at school)
Nice new name Cool
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 4th 2009, 8:31 am

Anyone else want to participate?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar August 4th 2009, 9:09 am

yo darren, can you change my forum to General?

It's Fuji Planet btw, thx
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 5th 2009, 1:48 am

Moved for ya Naz Smile

Anyone else?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next