The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cant seem to find the IP adresses of my members

4 posters

Go down

I cant seem to find the IP adresses of my members Empty I cant seem to find the IP adresses of my members

Post by Skiethrunner July 28th 2009, 12:04 am

Help? we are having spammer problems and I need to IP ban.
Skiethrunner

Language : English

Back to top Go down

I cant seem to find the IP adresses of my members Empty Re: I cant seem to find the IP adresses of my members

Post by -GFX- July 28th 2009, 12:11 am

GO TO Admin panel > Pictures and Colors > Pics management > Advanced Mode > Buttons > View IP address of poster Make Any Icon

Than Go to The Sapmmer Post And press IP Button To View The Poster Ip
Than

Go to Admin panel > Users & Groups > Users > Ban Control > Than Put The Ip Adress In To Ban one or more IP addresses or hostnames

Thanks
I hope This Help you !
-GFX-
-GFX-
Forumember

Male Posts : 31
Language : English-French-Arabic-Css-HTML-Art

Back to top Go down

I cant seem to find the IP adresses of my members Empty Re: I cant seem to find the IP adresses of my members

Post by dotDavid July 28th 2009, 9:18 am

It may be harder than that. What if the user was using a public router, generating the same IP address. Then they go home and there IP is obviously different, thus they can still post and spam.

You may want to also just delete there account and block there email addresses, just to make sure.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skiethrunner July 30th 2009, 2:06 am

ddwl wrote:It may be harder than that. What if the user was using a public router, generating the same IP address. Then they go home and there IP is obviously different, thus they can still post and spam.

You may want to also just delete there account and block there email addresses, just to make sure.
Yeah, but they have generated random emails. what do I do now?
Skiethrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 30th 2009, 2:40 am

You can just keep banning, and banning emails, Ip's and accounts.
there is nothing else you can do really.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down