The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for the graphics section.

+6
MrMario
SophieDophs
dotDavid
Sanket
MrMega
Beno
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suggestions for the graphics section. Empty Suggestions for the graphics section.

Post by Beno September 27th 2009, 9:12 pm

Hey,

We are constantly trying to improve services to members within the graphics section and the support forum. We would like to hear you're opinions on how to improve the service we offer. I would like to emphasise that the graphic designers jobs are voluntary so comments that are asking to improve the speed ect. will be ignored.

If you would like to see more competitions please state what kind of graphics to make...

Thanks for your time in giving us you're thoughts.

Regards,
Graphics Team

Last edited by Beno on October 26th 2009, 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024
Language : English

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the graphics section. Empty Re: Suggestions for the graphics section.

Post by MrMega September 27th 2009, 9:19 pm

Actually nothing needs improvement as far as I know, but tanix is just inactive..and maybe to keep things not flooding, a limit to how many requests you can request per month.
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the graphics section. Empty Re: Suggestions for the graphics section.

Post by Sanket September 27th 2009, 9:21 pm

MrMega wrote:Actually nothing needs improvement as far as I know, but tanix is just inactive..and maybe to keep things not flooding, a limit to how many requests you can request per month.

I second that. I had previously suggested as well, one request a week. That rule should & should've been incorporated. fufufu
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno September 27th 2009, 9:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks i'm also for you're opinion. I do agree with the one request per week rule but I got reverted when Jalo returned a while back.

I will discuss this with the rest of the staff and maybe this will be implemented.
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 27th 2009, 9:49 pm

btw, off topic but i was not able to reply to your post untill MrMega replied. Shocked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno September 30th 2009, 10:15 pm

--> One request per week rule implemented Suggestions for the graphics section. Icon_biggrin

Any other suggestions?
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega September 30th 2009, 11:09 pm

Yeah, I suggest you give me the .psd for your avatar so I can edit it with my name.

Lol jk

Another suggestion is to maybe add a graphics tutorial section subforum, so members can learn more about graphics there and hopefully contribute a bit more to requests and become better graphics designers. Members can only POST in it, but not make topics. If it is accepted, it goes as an official tutorial and a graphics designer splits the topic from th post and makes it into a new thread. Just like the Tricks & tips topic where you submit forumotion tutorials.
And when splitting the topic, gfx designers put a name of the program, the mode [easy, medium, hard, etc.] and then the subject.

Example of a new topic title:

[GIMP][EASY] How to Make Vista Gloss

What do you think?
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 1st 2009, 3:57 pm

Definitely not, MrMega there are loads of graphics forums where you can get them.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 1st 2009, 4:07 pm

I had an idea/question:

Would it be better to divide the requests forum into 5 sub-forums: Rank Images, Navigation Bars, Buttons, Full Kits and Other, and then requests would be placed in the appropriate forum, just so the forum is more tidier and related requests can be easily accessed if some users prefer doing one type eg. nav bars?

So basically: dividing the requests forum into sub-forums.

Thanks. Smile
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 1st 2009, 4:21 pm

Not a bad idea dotDavid.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 1st 2009, 4:25 pm

Thanks ~ just one downside, it will most likely need a bit more moderation if users post in the wrong section.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 1st 2009, 4:29 pm

Thats there, however it becomes much easier for users who want to concentrate on one kind off images.
It can never be 100% where users will post in the correct section. Creation of new forum means, more moderating Wink
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 1st 2009, 4:30 pm

Yeah, thats true. We'll just wait for a word from Beno or Jalokim about the idea.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs October 1st 2009, 4:53 pm

I like the idea of the 'customer' being given the .psd file for the newly created graphics, so that they can edit them further if required.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 2nd 2009, 8:55 am

No. That could lead to copying the image and then redistributing them under their name ~ copyright issues.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 2nd 2009, 9:13 am

dotDavid wrote:No. That could lead to copying the image and then redistributing them under their name ~ copyright issues.

I Second that, there are hardly any of the designers willing to provide psd's.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 4th 2009, 2:37 am

We could something like Wallpaper contest, Staff Member Avatar contest , Halloween, Christmas contest etc....
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 5th 2009, 2:56 am

MrMario wrote:We could something like Wallpaper contest, Staff Member Avatar contest , Halloween, Christmas contest etc....

Yes, one for Halloween, although kirk has something going in the GD.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabu October 5th 2009, 3:12 am

I Third that dotDavid. Razz
Rabu
Rabu
Forumember

Male Posts : 308
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno October 5th 2009, 8:41 am

dotDavid wrote:I had an idea/question:

Would it be better to divide the requests forum into 5 sub-forums: Rank Images, Navigation Bars, Buttons, Full Kits and Other, and then requests would be placed in the appropriate forum, just so the forum is more tidier and related requests can be easily accessed if some users prefer doing one type eg. nav bars?

So basically: dividing the requests forum into sub-forums.

Thanks. Smile

dotDavid, i like this idea! Although it would be harder to implement the one request per week because there threads would be scattered around the sections. I will discuss this with Jalokim when he returns.

MrMario wrote:We could something like Wallpaper contest, Staff Member Avatar contest , Halloween, Christmas contest etc....

Yeah,there will be a graphics competition soon, as soon as jalokim or Tanix returns.
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 5th 2009, 9:00 am

Thanks Beno.

Although it would be harder to implement the one request per week because there threads would be scattered around the sections.

Thats a very valid point. However, this was implemented because of a lack of graphic designers, so when that's fixed, it wouldn't be as hard.

Just looking through the forum, it seems that there are lots of threads (actually there is Smile) but thats because people either turn designs down or no one is offering (I do realize this is voluntary).

Is there a time pattern as to when the threads get cleaned out? Or is it random?
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin October 17th 2009, 5:24 pm

Well, I've noticed that none of the Graphic Designers have been very active lately and that things have stopped being accepted into the Gallery, maybe some more graphics staff would do some good.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno October 17th 2009, 10:26 pm

@DotDavid, there's no real schedule to cleaning the section out but generally when the proposals and requests get a little full around 6 pages we then clear them out.

@LH Justin, as i am not in charge of the section i have control over who is hired ect. Gallery submissions has not been stopped but there is a clean out required soon.

Like idea to you guys, do you think it would be better for the gallery to accept topics after lets say a day or accepted and declined on a certain day?
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin October 18th 2009, 12:40 am

Beno wrote:@DotDavid, there's no real schedule to cleaning the section out but generally when the proposals and requests get a little full around 6 pages we then clear them out.

@LH Justin, as i am not in charge of the section i have control over who is hired ect. Gallery submissions has not been stopped but there is a clean out required soon.

Like idea to you guys, do you think it would be better for the gallery to accept topics after lets say a day or accepted and declined on a certain day?
I'd say you guys should probably sweep through at least once a month and still accept some in between.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 18th 2009, 2:31 am

I would say that if you could get lets say 1-2 more graphic designers, you could clear out the proposals every fortnight (14 days). Even if there are only 10 proposals, still clean them out, and so the place will be organised and people will hang on to that. Also, you decline way more than you accept in recent times, so having that extra staff would help you decide.

Also-also, locked topics should be straightaway sent to the bin, there's no point of it roasting in the forum.

Oh and Beno, the link to your forum page on your homepage should be /forum.htm, not forum.html Smile
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy October 23rd 2009, 1:38 pm

just my observation(no offense)

-i saw more moderation actions from the graphic designers than answering requests. In fact, i saw lot of requests still not answered. ,other members requesting so many graphics in 1 topic are just waiting.

Last edited by zoids25 on October 23rd 2009, 4:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 23rd 2009, 2:44 pm

You can't expect all requests to be completed. The graphic designers are volunteers, and you should actually be thankful they do complete some requests. Also, they do have a real life outside of the internet.

Graphics aren't just a 5 minute thing, more a 5 hour thing, if you can get it right. Usually, from observation, those graphics that aren't completed have the most ridiculous comments, such as "use your creativity", when they clearly have none. Comments like that make it harder for graphic designers to complete requests as they then have to think of something extra to make it unique. Also, common requests can be found in the gallery, in which many users don't even bother checking.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy October 23rd 2009, 3:39 pm

its true dotdavid that they have life outside internet the same with me, but i do really understand them,just happened to observe that they answer requests less, once again, i'm apologizing.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 23rd 2009, 3:46 pm

zoids25 & dotDavid just relax. Smile

zoids25, this will answer your observations -- https://help.forumotion.com/graphic-requests-f31/help-wanted-wanna-be-a-gfx-artist-t56635.htm

dotDavid, thanks for pointing out all the points.

Now guys, please lets stay on topic & provide some good suggestions.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy October 23rd 2009, 4:22 pm

ok, by the way,

1 request for a member per week is hard, atleast make it 2? estimately, there are 3 weeks in a month, this means that they can only request 3 per month, anyway, it's your decision Beno if you will add it.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next