The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member cant access forum

3 posters

Go down

Solved Member cant access forum

Post by Dazie October 20th 2009, 10:44 am

Hi I have one member who cannot access our forum after the login page can anyone help? This is what she has emailed me, (I asked her a few questions what browser, how she was accessing the net etc)

It started out as Bush on dial up and is now breathe.It isn't a computer just a browser.On GpHaven I see the log in page and when I fill in name password and press enter I get the blank log in page again. never see anything beyond login.Iv've tried several times a night but can't get passed log in.

Please can you keep it simple as I am very new to the very technical side of forums Wink Any help is very much appreciated

Oh and she has joined plenty of forums before and had no problems and we have changed her password and deleted her and got her to sign up again to no avail

Thank you!!! Very Happy
Dazie
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Member cant access forum

Post by kirk October 20th 2009, 10:50 am

what about you? are you able to access your forum or are you getting blank pages or dsn error?If so this is do to the server migrations that we have been experiencing .. but this matter is almost fully resolved how ever i would read typlos latest reply and other information over here if you are experiencing the same problems as many other have encountered.

Typlo wrote:A new tip is now possible to fix the blank page (error 500) :

Simply go to http://yourforumaddress.com/admin and browse through Display > templates > and browse all templates categories where you've got customized templates WITHOUT touching them, and it will simply be fixed. Smile

For all other users that had customized templates, you can now use them freely again.

and here is the thread.
https://help.forumotion.com/connection-problems-f42/only-topic-forumotion-maintenance-underway-t56261-330.htm
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazie October 20th 2009, 10:58 am

Thanks for the swift reply Smile I can access the forum and so can all the other members its just this one particular member , we have also had new members and that's all gone ok.

I think this started just before the first server change, so I don't believe that this is the problem this time.
Dazie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 20th 2009, 3:25 pm

Dazie, ask him to use anonymouse.org to access the site. See what happens & let me know.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazie October 20th 2009, 5:51 pm

will do and I will get back to you Smile Thanks
Dazie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazie October 26th 2009, 4:42 pm

Hi sorry for the late reply I have been away.

The member tried the anonymouse.org and can get in but gets chucked out quite quickly but has time to write at least one reply.

Before she tried the anonymouse.org we deleted her account got her to sign up again and check all that but to no avail. So the only way she can get access for a minute is using anonymouse.org
We are still getting members signing up with no problems.
Any other ideas?
Dazie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 26th 2009, 7:00 pm

That problem is somewhat tricky, as no one knows why it can be accessed via anonymouse.org & not otherwise. The problem sorts itself out, after a while.

So i guess, you just have to wait out.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazie October 27th 2009, 11:02 am

okey dokey thank you for getting back to me!
Dazie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 27th 2009, 1:59 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Member cant access forum 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down